Author Topic: Wallace  (Read 24355 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Wallace
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2004, 03:50:02 PM »
Well we better be running down at Punt Road right now because the Hawks are serious about this and you can bet your balls the Hawks will have there documents ready by the time Wallace gets there tomorrow. Gee I wish I knew who spilt the beans to the Age because that has screwed us or potential has because it has inspired the Hawks into action and they very well may pull this guy right from under our noses.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 04:03:21 PM by Rodgerramjet »
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2004, 05:52:53 PM »
Apparently reported on channel 10 that Wallace will make an announcement on Monday.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2004, 05:56:41 PM »
Apparently reported on channel 10 that Wallace will make an announcement on Monday.

He's still got another meetng with the Hawks tomorrow ???
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2004, 05:57:40 PM »
I hope the kids put in a great show against the Cats and I hope the Dogs smash the Hawks for Rhode.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2004, 06:04:45 PM »

Yes I know, and I'm sure the meeting tomorrow will be to go over a potential contract regarding terms etc.. but he will take it away with him and give himself the weekend to study both ours and his. Since I made an earlier post I have been informed by "Somebody" apparently connected to both Wallace and Brown that our Proposal is already in Wallace's management's office. I hope this is true.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2004, 06:25:25 PM »

Yes I know, and I'm sure the meeting tomorrow will be to go over a potential contract regarding terms etc.. but he will take it away with him and give himself the weekend to study both ours and his. Since I made an earlier post I have been informed by "Somebody" apparently connected to both Wallace and Brown that our Proposal is already in Wallace's management's office. I hope this is true.

Wonder if Browny will pay Terry a visit or give him a call over the weekend  :thumbsup

Interesting no-name brand sauce you've got there RR  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2004, 07:09:26 PM »

Wonder if Browny will pay Terry a visit or give him a call over the weekend  :thumbsup

Interesting no-name brand sauce you've got there RR  ;D

Yes, normally I wouldn't quote a no-name brand sauce through fear of perpetuating pure crap, but this time it's probably more in hope that it is actually true than confirmed fact.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2004, 08:37:12 PM »
It would be a concern to me if the Tigers hadn't interviewed more that one person.

Dermie said on SEN tonight that Wallace is the only person they've interviewed. I don't think this is smart on the Hawks part and I am not saying that because I want Wallace - it just isn't a good method of doing business.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigers80

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2004, 08:45:17 PM »
totally agree williampowell, very unprofessional way of doing business this is where we are 1 step ahead of the hawks, and this is where "the don" at hawkland is wanting a thorough interview process to be done otherwise there will be a spill of the board.

is this whats making t.w. nervous about hawks instability, and why we got our poo together.

time will tell

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2004, 12:57:45 AM »
What a load of crap !!!!!!!!

This .... Wallace is ours I have it from a reliable source is utter garbage.

Wallace is playing both Richmond and Hawthorn against each other and he will then sign with the best deal.

If he signs for Richmond ( I seriously doubt it after a 4hr meeting with the dawks and another meeting with them on friday) I would still like to know who this "reliable source" person really is and find out who at Punt Road has a big mouth and cant keep it apparently shut, because if they kept it shut in the first place perhaps all this waiting for Wallace to have a meeting with the hawks would never have happened.

biggest load of Bull@#it i have ever heard.  >:(
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2004, 01:15:21 AM »
 :bow Well said PRR  :bow

Wallace always has and always will look out for numero uno. He is loving the attention he is getting at the moment and he is more than willing to accomodate more than one tongue in his ringhole if it will secure him the best deal.

In my opinion not a lot seperates Wallace and Eade in terms of coaching nous and if Wallace wants to go to Hawthorn then good riddance, so long as we have an adequate replacement like Eade to take over the coaching reigns.

Looking at the way Wallace is acting at the minute, his head appears so full of helium that it will take him well on a year to get grounded and recover from his headswell. 

froars

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2004, 01:19:32 AM »
He's always had a massive ego, parading around in his leather jeans and used to think he looked pretty good in Speedos  :scream (MT/WP, can we get a puke smiley lol)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2004, 09:52:34 AM »
Received a phone call last night from a mate who I haven't heard from in a while.  He works with the son of a former bulldogs assistant who worked under Terry (won't mention any names).  He was told by his work mate that both his dad and Terry will definately be at tigerland next year.  The deal had been done 3 weeks ago.

Either this is true or he's pulling my mates leg.

Make of it what you will.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2004, 10:10:40 AM »
This is all getting heavy with rumours and ineundo......
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2004, 11:18:41 AM »
Wallace is playing both Richmond and Hawthorn against each other and he will then sign with the best deal.

If he signs for Richmond ( I seriously doubt it after a 4hr meeting with the dawks and another meeting with them on friday) I would still like to know who this "reliable source" person really is and find out who at Punt Road has a big mouth and cant keep it apparently shut, because if they kept it shut in the first place perhaps all this waiting for Wallace to have a meeting with the hawks would never have happened.

You have to wonder how different things would have been had someone not opened their big mouth.

As for whether Wallace is playing one Club against another, I have a different theory.

I actually think Wallace has helped out both the current Richmond and Hawthorn Administrations/Boards.  Whether it was intended or not, who knows and if it helps, does it matter?

Because, by Wallace coming out and saying that he wouldn’t take on any Club that was unstable at Board level, he put pressure on any warring factions to cease fire.

It worked in Richmond’s case, but not sure whether the same will happen at Hawthorn.  From what Dunstall said on TFS last night, they have been having discussions with Scott for a couple of months now.  But not much, if anything, seems to have been resolved in that time and it doesn’t sound like progress will happen quickly from hereon in.

By Wallace again coming out and saying he won’t coach them if there’s a challenge going on behind the scenes he puts pressure on Scott and so both parties either resolve things quickly or lose out on his services.

If that happens then it helps their current administration, because by not supporting the Club, huge public pressure is placed on Scott and his challenge may disintegrate because of the backlash that will surely follow.  Nothing’s certain of course, but that’s one theory.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.