Author Topic: Wallace  (Read 24319 times)

Life goes on

Re: Wallace
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »
A)  Should we sack him immediately

No we should sack him at the end of the year. Im sick of it, jack of it, Ive had enough of this poohe. OUT!  GONE! Hes good at PR, but he didnt clean out the joint enough. Has to pay the price for failure and the decisions that have been made. MILLER should go as well. BOTH - OUT!

B)  Wait till the end of his contract

NO

C)  Keep him

NO

D)  Re-sign him so he can do his 2011 thing and really piisss some ppl off lol

NO

E)  If we do sack him, who to replace him

Wont happen but Chris Bond would do it for $200,000 a year.

F)  If we sack him, do you think the new coach will be able to make superstars out of the existing group

NO! But he'll have a mandate to sack 12 blokes and get rid of the crap out of Punt Rd once and for all.

G)  Do you think anyone could get our group to adhere to a game plan?

YES!

H)  What do you like about Wallace?

Hes excellent at PR but when your going out the back door and havent won a game you cant do PR- You need to look down the barrel of the camera and tell the truth without crap.

I)  What do you dislike about Wallace ? 

Frawley stuffed up- and badly but you cant blame everyone else 2 1/2 years in. Not when you had 5 picks in the first 20 of your national draft

J)  Anythiing else you'd like to add

Ive almost had enough. Richmond is slowly dying as a club. We are losing another generation of supporters. We need to make one huge raid on other clubs in the preseason and snare afew players- cheap. We need to keep our first pick and take the best player.

EXCELLENT post there Ramps. Couldnt have done better myself. :thumbsup

Life goes on

« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2007, 09:08:53 PM »
He's always had a massive ego, parading around in his leather jeans and used to think he looked pretty good in Speedos  :scream (MT/WP, can we get a puke smiley lol)

Not much has changed has it, Ego still massive and still cant coach

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Wallace's comparison of Rich/Hawks list
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2007, 12:40:12 AM »

Wallace also compared the playing lists of his respective suitors, suggesting that while Hawthorn represented the better chance for a swift turnaround, via mature players, Richmond was more advanced in the development of its young players. "I think Richmond is 18 months ahead with their kids," he said.

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/08/02/1091432110901.html?oneclick=true

Well, well, well.

I knew i was making it up all along.

Gee Wallace was on the money with this one.

Garry Lyon claimed in his article that Wallace said our 2004 list was better than Hawthorn's 2004 list. Thanks Bully for proving that was utter garbage. He actually said Hawthorn's list was better with a better chance in the shorter-term and we were more a longer-term option which is what has been said on here and that Wallace chose us as he was uncertain about Don Scott's challenge at the time which is what FF said in the another thread.

Here's both clubs' 2004 list. Bold names are still with each club. More of our 18-19 year olds at the time have turned out better lol. Hawks stronger in the 20-24 age bracket which have finally matured this year. We lacked numbers and quality in this group.

Hawthorn 2004

31: Barlow, Graham
30: Crawford, Everitt, Holland
29: Barker, Tallis
28: Smith, Beaumont, Lekkas, McCabe
27: Dixon, Vandenberg
26: Thompson
25: Hay
24: Croad, Jacobs, A.Cox, Picioane, Scott
23: Bateman, Rix#
22: Campbell, Clarke, Mitchell, Osbourne, Sewell, Ball, Greene, Ries
21: Brown, Williams, Kane, N.Lonie
20: Boyle, Hodge, Ladson, Shelton#
19: Brennan, Miller, Bergin#, Clifton#, Thurgood#
18: Dawson

Richmond 2004

32: Campbell
31: D.Kellaway, Rogers
30: Stafford
29: Richo, A.Kellaway
28: Gaspar, Marsh
27: Blumfield, Chaffey
26: J.Bowden, Brown, Johnson, Fleming, Fletcher
25: Tivendale, Hilton
24: Hall, Ottens
23: Tuck, Fiora, Morrison, Nicholls, Dragga#
22: Coughlan, Hyde, Newman, Pettifer, Weller, Zantuck
21: Krakouer, Rodan
20: Moore#
19: Hartigan, Schulz, Foley#, Roach
18: Jackson, Raines, Archibald, Gilmour
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Life goes on

« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2007, 07:45:01 AM »
Seriously , how many players on Richmonds list would get a game elsewhere irrelevant to age?
The answer, not many.
And if you cant get a game in a team the cannot win a game, dont bother trying to get redrafted elsewhere becuase you wont.
Eg Meyer, Hartigan, Schultz, Moore, Krakouer, JON.
I know some of these players have had injuries but if your body cannot stand up to AFL football, its bad luck.

Moi

« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2007, 08:32:18 AM »
With Eade being told that he was not successful in getting the job, Wallace has to be signed sealed and delivered.

Miller isnt stupid and wouldnt burn his bridges with Rocket unless he knew Terry was a dead cert.

I would like to see Terry bring a former tiger star or favorite son in on his assistant panel.

This will be a very exciting time for our club once he signs on the dotted line.

:rollin

Bulluss

« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
With Eade being told that he was not successful in getting the job, Wallace has to be signed sealed and delivered.

Miller isnt stupid and wouldnt burn his bridges with Rocket unless he knew Terry was a dead cert.

I would like to see Terry bring a former tiger star or favorite son in on his assistant panel.

This will be a very exciting time for our club once he signs on the dotted line.

:rollin

I have already stated that i was excited about Wallace when he was signed up, so whats the point in posting that?

You are the one who was claiming Wallace never said our list was better than Hawthorn.

Everyone was excited about Wallace day one, i can tell you that more than 50% of our membership base would want him sacked right now.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2007, 09:35:49 AM »
hey jack, if u really know that terry will be gone at the end of teh year, stop the winking and smug smiles, just let it out and tell us everything you know. tell us your source, and tell us who will replace him.

now terry said he could see the hawks having a quicker turn around in form cos of their senior more mature players than us, but believed our kids are better than theirs.

well if that is what he said, then he was right!

im sick of this sack terry crap and blaming him. we might be last, but have played not bad, we have actually been better than many teams just out of luck due to injury and inexperience.  the bombers, the dogs, the roos, the pies etc have all been lucky up til now. as i said in another thread, ladder position means nothing atm 4 us, and the lower we finish the better off we will be long term.

whether he stays or goes i dont care atm, cos we will be a force in 2-3 years and whoever coaches us then will be thanking terry for developing lids, blingers,foley,  cleve, edwards, jack, peterson, pattison, raines(cant thank spud 4 raines), polo, connors, jon , thursfeild, etc......and gettying polak on board

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2007, 09:41:35 AM »
He will be gone at the end of the year anyway ;)

It maybe time for you to spill Jack because I don't believe he will be going anywhere ;) :whistle ;)

Cos IMHO he aint going to get sacked unless there is a complete turn over on the board - which aint going to happen either  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #173 on: June 17, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »

It maybe time for you to spill Jack because I don't believe he will be going anywhere ;) :whistle ;)

Cos IMHO he aint going to get sacked unless there is a complete turn over on the board - which aint going to happen either  :thumbsup

sorry jack,

but i ahve to repeat,

there is absolutely no chance for romance!

not even if we dont win another game, and rightly so.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #174 on: June 17, 2007, 10:02:12 AM »

sorry jack,

but i ahve to repeat,

there is absolutely no chance for romance!

not even if we dont win another game, and rightly so.

I am with you blaisee  :thumbsup Do we know the same people  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2007, 10:18:36 AM »
hey jack, if u really know that terry will be gone at the end of teh year, stop the winking and smug smiles, just let it out and tell us everything you know. tell us your source, and tell us who will replace him.
And then have the courage of your convictions to sign it off with your real name.  You said you would tell Wallace to his face everything - then why not here?
You won't of course.

Moi

« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2007, 10:23:02 AM »
You are the one who was claiming Wallace never said our list was better than Hawthorn.
Wrong,wrong, I never claimed a thing - Fish was the one dear.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2007, 12:16:26 PM »
i dont care what our ladder position says, and im not delusional, but our list is better than the hawks.

we have been very unlucky, but you take out hawtorns 3 most important players and see where they finish

we havent played that bad, many many losses we could have won if it was 4 our lack of experience.

we are in good shape, next yr, all those games we could have/should have won, we will win

this yr is a yr we needed, the last thing we needed was to finish b/w 7th and 10th.  we are just tanking as the bombers did last yr, but we are in better shape than the bombers as our list is not aging like theirs

i only have one grief atm with terry, i just wish he stood up for his team and players like clarkson does at times. thats it.

Life goes on

« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2007, 12:22:29 PM »
And then have the courage of your convictions to sign it off with your real name.  You said you would tell Wallace to his face everything - then why not here?
You won't of course.

Hey Moi. already have

Life goes on

« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2007, 12:24:37 PM »
And I reckon Wallace he will walk at years end.
Tell you whats funny, all of you have an opinion and thats fine but none actually know Wallace. Well. in my opinion he will walk.