Author Topic: Wallace  (Read 24300 times)

Life goes on

Re: Wallace
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2007, 08:35:53 PM »
Have worn out any welcome, couldnt give a rats actually. ::)

well your rantings tell us otherwise.

I reckon Rogerd3  is Moi    :rollin :rollin

Moi

« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2007, 08:37:31 PM »

And what a quality person he is  :thumbsup

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »
Even with Carlton supporters?   

Do we play them again this year? Never know your luck in a big city - altho sometimes it aint that big  :lol

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2007, 08:46:28 PM »

And what a quality person he is  :thumbsup

Maybe it's the real Roger Dean? He's always up for a chat at the Tommy Hafey lunches. I know that Ron Branton used to post here - very informative chap and one of my favourites. We know that current RFC staff are always logging in so maybe a past champion like Roger feels like sticking it to Jack - I mean why wouldn't he ?  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2007, 09:02:20 PM »
I am a tad confused -

Jack you said Tezza wouldn't be there next year, now back on page 13 you've said you think he will walk.

I agree with MT he wont walk - it is not in his make-up so that means he will stay, unless he gets sacked and he wont get sacked and nor should he. So I think the chances of there being a change of Coach at Punt Road are slim at best

Now this arguement that if Sheeds coaches Richmond then that will equate to an extra 10K members and over $1 mil in the bank - well I reckon that's all subjective - most astute judges thought appointing Tezza would mean a huge lift in membership and sure it has grown but not at the levels that many thought it would.

:gotigers
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 10:27:32 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2007, 09:15:24 PM »

can assure you i am my own person with my own views, have been watching with interest this and other RFC supporter sites, it really does make for interesting reading.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2007, 10:25:37 PM »

Now this arguement that if Sheeds coaches Richmond then that will equate to an extra 10K members and over $1 mil in the bank - well I reckon that's all subjective - most astute jusges thought appointing Tezza would mean a huge lift in membership and dure it had grown but not at the levels that many thought it would.

Hmm don't know about that.  We currently have our highest membership, despite not winning a game.  Geelong are on top of the ladder and their membership has fallen by around 3,000. :-\

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2007, 07:04:40 AM »
I want our club to be successful as much as anyone on the site.
Sure!  As long as Wallace isn't part of the deal  ::)

Tell you why, I dont agree with the game plan( it is doing the playing group no good by going sidways and backwards-players are confused), The players certainly dont understand whats required and most of the playing group are overrated. 

strange statement that, cos statistically, we use the corridor onny secong to geelong by just.  we havent gone sudeways or backwards much this year, the only game we did was in the 2nd and 3rd quarter v the lions and that is because they flooded the corridor and centre square, and it took til the last quarter for our young and inexper team to work around that

not sure our game plan is as bad as you say, the bombers chip the ball more than any other team in the afl, and our game plan is not what is costing us

it is lack of experience and a couple of dud senior players

in a couples of yrs time, these kids will have experience, and the duds will be gone and we will be a force

some things u say are on teh money but to say our game plan sucks is totally wrong, and for a team that is last, we have the most goals from kick outs in the afl, must be a pretty good plan to me

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2007, 07:08:14 AM »

"I have lost interest in footy this year based solely on yours and Jackstar's comments.."

I told you it would end in tears.

Let's meet at the G on friday for a group hug - Jack can shout -  :rollin

Actually I will be there but working, have to watch the Demons so no drinks for this one. :cheers

did u watch the way port set up as part of your job, must say who ever it was whether it was u or someone else did a bloody bad job!

and that mal michael, worst pick up in afl history, he is crap no doubt about it and still has not beaten a good fwd this year and fletcher, wow, peels off and plays 3rd man up, but is unnaccountable. joel is much better than him at that job!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2007, 08:35:19 AM »
Number 9 on and on and on and on .....

Anywayz - Like I have said before and will for the last time now., if you love the Tigers you will let Wallace see out the 5 years, then re-assess.

Don't think any coach could of turned us around in just over 2 years 'even sheeds'.
Talking about game plans, every side has played some krap games this year not just us.
And really apart from the position on the ladder  'which I am not happy about mind you' we haven't played to bad a footy. I firmly beleive it will come together with a bit more weeding.
You know fair dinkum take out just about any sides best ruck and forward and it is going to have an impact, just moreso with us coz of where we are at.

As another example over the past 10 years or so look how quick the Saints Brisbane and now the Hawks have turned from krap kickers to contenders ....
We have shown enough for this to happen 'possibly , hopefully' in the next 2 - 3 years.

And just for you Jack and your all mighty bummers .. They kind of remind me of the Tigers when we played above ourselves and fooled ourselves - only difference with you guys is you wont even make the finals and in the next 2 - 3 years I will be LMAO at the bombres as they come crashing down......  :rollin :wallywink

NB: If you don't care as much as you say why do you keep going on and on and on and on
NUMBER 9

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2007, 12:17:08 PM »
It always amazes me that certain Richmond people have this sad fascination with Sheeds coming back to coach us even after all these years yet never mention the other Ex-Tiger in the AFL senior coaching ranks. Maybe because Micky doesn't tease and use us to get a new contract at the Pies.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2007, 04:03:40 AM »
Patrick Smith today in the Australian makes some short comments on Plough and the other coaches with their teams down the bottom of the ladder:

Away from Daniher, football's unique beat goes on. Ross Lyon has won just five matches and on Tuesday gave a news conference that was neither clever, informative nor funny. Another one of those, another loss, another soft tissue injury and the surge will overpower him.

In Fremantle, Chris Connolly has won five matches, too. Time is spinning. An unthinking president has said if he does not get the Dockers to the finals then it is off with the coach's head.

Terry Wallace has won a game and drawn another and has Richmond at the bottom of the ladder. Every Tuesday the media gathers at his feet. He is in the middle of a five-year contract. No questions asked. An hour can unravel into an afternoon and beyond. Brisbane has won four matches but coach Leigh Matthews has taken the club to four grand finals and three premierships. Coaching at the Gabba is done to Matthews Standard Time.

So football has no watch. No tick tock. It tells the time by circumstances and expectations alone. They are football's alarm bells. Daniher turned them off just after 2pm yesterday. It had become deafening.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21979490-12270,00.html

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2011, 09:02:39 PM »
Thanks WP ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2011, 09:04:10 PM »
Thanks WP ;D

I was talking more about when he was appointed

SOme absolutely gold in those archives  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2011, 09:05:21 PM »
Some decent stuff in here too, but off I go to have another look at OER history ;D