Author Topic: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 56440 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2007, 12:41:22 AM »
mitch and cale just might work  8)

mmm :whistle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2007, 01:26:35 AM »
Is Mitch Morton out of contract? On the Eagles forum they aren't sure.

Those who think he is are saying Richmond will ask Cale Morton to nominate for the PSD and not the National draft and then we trade for Mitch Morton, still get Cotchin in the National draft plus Cale Morton in the PSD. Me thinks we can't do this and if we tried we'd be in trouble with the AFL.

Those who think Mitch Morton is out of contract believe we'll pick up Mitch in the PSD and then Cale with pick 2 in the National draft. Personally I'd be disappointed if we did this. Hardly us chasing a big name as alleged and in fact just a fringe player.

Apparently the rumoured reason for Mitch wanting out is because their rookie Jamie McNamara is getting a game ahead of him. Okay it's only innuendo at this stage that he wants out (started by 6PR and posted on BF) but do we want a fringe player with that kind of attitude  :help.

http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10889
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2007, 02:01:04 AM »
Is Mitch Morton out of contract? On the Eagles forum they aren't sure.

Those who think he is are saying Richmond will ask Cale Morton to nominate for the PSD and not the National draft and then we trade for Mitch Morton, still get Cotchin in the National draft plus Cale Morton in the PSD. Me thinks we can't do this and if we tried we'd be in trouble with the AFL.

Those who think Mitch Morton is out of contract believe we'll pick up Mitch in the PSD and then Cale with pick 2 in the National draft. Personally I'd be disappointed if we did this. Hardly us chasing a big name as alleged and in fact just a fringe player.

Apparently the rumoured reason for Mitch wanting out is because their rookie Jamie McNamara is getting a game ahead of him. Okay it's only innuendo at this stage that he wants out (started by 6PR and posted on BF) but do we want a fringe player with that kind of attitude  :help.

http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10889

I may be wrong, but I think you can't nominate for the PSD without registering for the National Draft. If I'm wrong though, very clever of the Tigers  :clapping
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

I may be wrong, but I think you can't nominate for the PSD without registering for the National Draft. If I'm wrong though, very clever of the Tigers  :clapping

Fwoy,

my re-collection of these crazy rules is you are a player formerly contracted at a club in the season just finished (2007) you don't have to nominated for the Nat Draft you can just nominate for the PSD - reason being the blokes de-listed by clubs at the last minute

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2007, 09:26:34 AM »
As far as i know mitch morton is contracted therefore a trade is required. Cale Morton has to go into a national draft first before being allowed into a PSD, he hasnt been in a national draft before - therefore it looks like if we are going to take his brother- then Cale will be our selection at 2.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2007, 02:15:28 PM »
As far as i know mitch morton is contracted therefore a trade is required. Cale Morton has to go into a national draft first before being allowed into a PSD, he hasnt been in a national draft before - therefore it looks like if we are going to take his brother- then Cale will be our selection at 2.
:help

Thanks fwoy, WP and Ramps. What's with Brad Hardie and 6PR making crap up about Richmond? They also came up with us trading pick 2 for Fraser  ::).

Ramps

« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2007, 05:04:56 PM »
Right now with all these rumours that have circulated about all clubs, i just hope our club is focused, that they have there strategies in place, there targets worked out and that they just stick to the plan. If the rest of the world wants to stuff around let them, lets just do what we have to do.

Passionfruit

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »
Schultz to Brisbane in exchange for there bootstudder ::)

Ramps

« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2007, 06:42:33 PM »

Is he any good lol ...

Passionfruit

« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2007, 06:46:02 PM »

Is he any good lol ...

Fair trade I reckon ;)

Bull

« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2007, 07:28:19 PM »
Maybe we should get their bootstudder and get him to work on Shultz, he may be able to stop him from falling over  :shh

Passionfruit

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
Schultz  has never been and never will be any good.
Thats been Richmond problem for a long time,they fall in love with DUDS who they hope will be the future of the club, I think its call mediaocracy

Tigermonk

« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2007, 08:25:54 PM »
Krak + Cogs for Judd

chuck useless JON in for a sweetner now thats a good deal

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »
Krak + Cogs for Judd

chuck useless JON in for a sweetner now thats a good deal
We might need to throw in something else the Eagles would actually want lol.

Passionfruit

« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2007, 09:10:57 PM »
We have very little of trade value.
Handfull at tops