Author Topic: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 56318 times)

Ramps

Re: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »
I'm confused....In all these options I can't see how McLean gets to the Tigers??  ???

I have him as our #1 PSD pick
Crikey thats a bit optimistic. I think we would have a better chance of getting the legendary Jim Boogie! I can't see the D's letting McLean go that easily.  Would be nice though.

Boogie Boogie Boogie .... selection 2 Richmond selects player 123792 Jim Boogie  :clapping

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2007, 04:19:37 PM »

Who does Jim Boogie play for now?
Anyone with a nose for players can find him.
Careful, he's got a reputation of snotting people. I wouldn't pick him (with anyone knowing).
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »

Who does Jim Boogie play for now?
Anyone with a nose for players can find him.
Careful, he's got a reputation of snotting people. I wouldn't pick him (with anyone knowing).
:lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2007, 04:25:17 PM »
I'm confused....In all these options I can't see how McLean gets to the Tigers??  ???

I have him as our #1 PSD pick
Crikey thats a bit optimistic. I think we would have a better chance of getting the legendary Jim Boogie! I can't see the D's letting McLean go that easily.  Would be nice though.

Boogie Boogie Boogie .... selection 2 Richmond selects player 123792 Jim Boogie  :clapping
That was funny as!! :rollin I still think there are people over at PRE pondering on another potential wasted talent. I heard he looked to Ben Cousins as his mentor which sent off the rails but he is clean now and looking forward to making a comeback via this years ND! Do you think they would fall for it again?? :rollin If so...state that after a growth spurt he is now a 98kg 204cm ruckman/key forward with all the makings of another Jeff White according to Wisbey!  :rollin :rollin

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
pick 2 looks like cale morton more and more each day, with his brother almost a certain to be at tigerland with pick 35 or psd if no deal done during trade week.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2007, 06:53:57 PM »
Another scenario from the Blues forum is they give us pick 3 for some token fringe player on the promise we let them take Judd in the PSD.

In: Pick 3, McLean, Maguire
Out: Pick 19, fringe Tiger

We'll then have picks 2, 3, 18, 35 + McLean and Maguire. We can dream  :whistle.

Carlton would be taking a huge risk with that scenario. West Coast would be doing everything to get another trade done. But it would screw Carlton and that wouldn't be all bad  :lol

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2007, 06:59:29 PM »
Another scenario from the Blues forum is they give us pick 3 for some token fringe player on the promise we let them take Judd in the PSD.

We'll then have picks 2, 3, 18, 35 + McLean and Maguire. We can dream  :whistle.

Carlton would be taking a huge risk with that scenario. West Coast would be doing everything to get another trade done. But it would screw Carlton and that wouldn't be all bad  :lol

its great to be optimistic, but lets just be a little bit realistic too

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2007, 08:08:51 PM »

its great to be optimistic, but lets just be a little bit realistic too

i didn't think MT was being optmistic  :rollin

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2007, 10:35:03 PM »

We promise not to draft him in the PSD ;), then hand over picks 2 and 19 for Judd, Use pick 3 on Cale Morton or Cotchin, trade pick 18 for Goose Maguire, trade pick 35 for Mitch Morton and pick up McLean in the PSD  :lol
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2007, 07:59:14 AM »
petts is a shocker. the amount of time and money we have spent on that bloke and he constantly underperforms. he reminds of one of the one of the duo from dumb and dummer.
we have too many players like him who just underperform time and time again. They should take a leaf out of richo's book.
that bloke is one of very few that try their guts out for the yellow and black.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2007, 03:48:49 AM »
The Tigers are believed to be interested in West Coast's Mitch Morton, who happens to have a brother, Cale, rated in the top two or three prospective draftees.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22483280%255E19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2007, 03:49:41 AM »
Brisbane could lose two players during next month's player-exchange period.

Several clubs have expressed keen interest in ruckman Cameron Wood and midfielder Justin Sherman.

Sherman has two years to run on his contract, but it is understood Essendon and the Kangaroos are leading the chase for him to move south.

The 20-year-old from Tasmania has played 55 games for the Lions since making his debut in 2005.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22482634-5012432,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2007, 03:11:47 PM »
petts is a shocker. the amount of time and money we have spent on that bloke and he constantly underperforms. he reminds of one of the one of the duo from dumb and dummer.
we have too many players like him who just underperform time and time again. They should take a leaf out of richo's book.
that bloke is one of very few that try their guts out for the yellow and black.
Almost 40 goals for year isn't bad for a shocker. Petts is the least of our worries. Our forward can be potent if it's given enough supply. The problem this year our midfield didn't given them that supply. We had fewer inside 50s than the opposition nearly every week.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2007, 03:16:35 PM »
Brisbane could lose two players during next month's player-exchange period.

Several clubs have expressed keen interest in ruckman Cameron Wood and midfielder Justin Sherman.

Sherman has two years to run on his contract, but it is understood Essendon and the Kangaroos are leading the chase for him to move south.

The 20-year-old from Tasmania has played 55 games for the Lions since making his debut in 2005.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22482634-5012432,00.html
A mate of mine who follows the Lions says opposition clubs worked Sherman out and he ended up on the outer.

Wood would be a handy pick-up as we still need to find a ruckman somewhere but if we aren't trading picks 18 or 19 then we'd only be a show if he fell through to the PSD.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2007, 01:20:45 PM »
The latest rumour doing the rounds is Hille (contracted) wants to go to Collingwood. On both Bomber and Pie forums.