Author Topic: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 56257 times)

Ramps

Re: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2007, 10:49:26 AM »
after seeing the intencity of Geelong and to a lesser extent Port in the 1st Q ... that its fair to say we are so far of a grand final or winning one its not funny. And recruiting skinny blokes either isnt gonna help.
Amen to that Ramps. Geelong's bigger bodies and strong tall spine have smashed Port.

I now firmly believe that Ploughs philosophy of how to win grand finals wont work. The Dogs are no where near it, and we are bottom. If we recruit the same as last year and the previous 2 or 3 years then we will be looking for a new coach at the end of 2008.

Passionfruit

« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2007, 11:10:49 AM »
after seeing the intencity of Geelong and to a lesser extent Port in the 1st Q ... that its fair to say we are so far of a grand final or winning one its not funny. And recruiting skinny blokes either isnt gonna help.
Amen to that Ramps. Geelong's bigger bodies and strong tall spine have smashed Port.

I now firmly believe that Ploughs philosophy of how to win grand finals wont work. The Dogs are no where near it, and we are bottom. If we recruit the same as last year and the previous 2 or 3 years then we will be looking for a new coach at the end of 2008.

Correct!

Ramps

« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2007, 11:16:32 AM »
hey jacko do you know anything behind the scenes in terms of player trades?

Tigermonk

« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2007, 11:49:34 AM »
Eagles supporters are saying West Coast about to offer pick 4 and 13 to Richmond for pick 2. Richmond supporter posted back 4, 13 and M.Brown for 2 and Oakley Nicholls lol.
Given Miller rates the top 3 - Kreuzer, Cotchin and Cale Morton - ahead of the rest, so I can't see us trading outside the top 3. Pick 13 won't get us a Rance so pass.

Why do opposition fans think we need to be part of a trade that gifts Judd to a opposition club  ::).

Exactly Richmond do not need to get involved with the Judd deal
he will never come to Richmond
Whats to say he will ever recover from his injury a operation may backfire the first time
Richmond needs to breed & bond its own players make its own culture
They also need to be from Victoria so they dont get a feel to wanna leave

Ramps

« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2007, 02:14:36 PM »
Eagles supporters are saying West Coast about to offer pick 4 and 13 to Richmond for pick 2. Richmond supporter posted back 4, 13 and M.Brown for 2 and Oakley Nicholls lol.
Given Miller rates the top 3 - Kreuzer, Cotchin and Cale Morton - ahead of the rest, so I can't see us trading outside the top 3. Pick 13 won't get us a Rance so pass.

Why do opposition fans think we need to be part of a trade that gifts Judd to a opposition club  ::).

Exactly Richmond do not need to get involved with the Judd deal
he will never come to Richmond
Whats to say he will ever recover from his injury a operation may backfire the first time
Richmond needs to breed & bond its own players make its own culture
They also need to be from Victoria so they dont get a feel to wanna leave

how about we just try and draft and sign the best players!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »
This upcoming National draft won't affect any decision on Plough's future next year. First year players usually (exceptions Judd, Selwood) don't make any major impact on the team. It'll be more those in their 3rd-5th years that will decide Terry's fate and who we trade for and/or pick up in the PSD.

With such a shallow draft, how well we and other clubs do in the draft will be determined by the later picks. Who can find those hidden gems past picks 25-30 on top of taking the best kids early on with picks 2, 18 and 19. The main thing is we still need to do is bring through another crop of kids this year and every year. Picking up just 3 kids will be a poor result. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
hey jacko do you know anything behind the scenes in terms of player trades?

No.
And I wouldnt think the tiges would be very active in trade week due to the fact they havent got much to trade anyway,or should I say, nothing that any other club would really require.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
Meh, I think we'd be foolish to rule out being a part of any trades. We certainly don't need to be a part of trades, but we could benefit greatly from other clubs' desperation.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2007, 07:03:47 PM »
Other clubs would want our picks 2, 18 and 19 in a shallow draft. It's up to us not to be stupid enough to trade them away.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2007, 07:08:20 PM »
A trade doesn't make us stupid though, just look at the Polak deal. I am sure we'll be at least listening to offers. We have no obligation to trade, but if a deal too good to turn down came along, that's when we'd be stupid if we refused to even think about it. I have no problem with keeping pick 2, but if we got a good young player and a top 6 pick in return, well then maybe.

Tigermonk

« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2007, 01:38:02 AM »
yeah just look at the polak deal
we draft him as a backman & he got a wrap for playing well this year
no wonder he had no opponant most of the time & being played out of position
If Richmond go anywhere near the involvement of the trading for Judd it just shows how effing dumb our culture is
Desperation of the other clubs is right jezza
the other clubs love us come trade time cause we the pooh team always down the botton with the things they want & we always give them away & we receive the duds so next year we dont climb the ladder we are always in trade week

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2007, 11:41:28 AM »
Winner for most ridiculous rumour goes to Magpie fans:

My whisper is the Pies are after Polak. He is not happy there and wants out and Pies have already spoken to his manager.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=39765

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2007, 11:56:48 AM »
Winner for most ridiculous rumour goes to Magpie fans:

My whisper is the Pies are after Polak. He is not happy there and wants out and Pies have already spoken to his manager.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=39765

bartel ling abd gablett are also unhappy and want to be traded to richmond and geelong are after tivendale krak and meyer

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2007, 06:44:32 PM »
A trade doesn't make us stupid though, just look at the Polak deal. I am sure we'll be at least listening to offers. We have no obligation to trade, but if a deal too good to turn down came along, that's when we'd be stupid if we refused to even think about it. I have no problem with keeping pick 2, but if we got a good young player and a top 6 pick in return, well then maybe.
It wasn't a top 10 pick but Melbourne traded pick 12 for Moloney for us to get the Ottens trade done with Geelong. Moloney was a highly rated youngster at the time at Geelong but has fallen off the radar since 2004. Sure that pick (Meyer) hasn't come on either so far but who knows if a Reid, Brown or whoever will make it. The other reason why I called it stupid is we want there to be quality out of contract players after the trade deadline. Helping other clubs complete trades is against our interests with first pick in the PSD. 

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

[/quote]

Correct!
[/quote]

well suprise suprise