Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95242 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2007, 04:06:52 AM »
The Australian says,

Carlton CEO Swann says the starting bid for Judd is their picks 3 and 20. He has dismissed trading Fevola or pick 1 (which is for Kreuzer) but they may pursue other trades to secure another first round pick.

The Australian has the Pies as favourites and should Judd settle on Collingwood, it will be up to the Pies to come up with a better package of draft picks. Otherwise, West Coast will use the threat of the pre-season draft where Richmond and then Carlton have the first two selections of out-of-contract players.

The Age says,

Judd has told the Hawks he's not interested in going to Hawthorn and won't be meeting them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:30:17 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2007, 04:09:47 AM »
Richmond appears unlikely to buy into the chase for Judd, according to football director Greg Miller.

"I'm going to talk to Paul Connors tomorrow and then we've got a board meeting tomorrow night," Miller said yesterday. "We've got a youth policy and at this stage I don't think we'll be trading our first draft choice."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22442272-5012432,00.html

Offline MikeetIGER

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2007, 05:28:26 AM »
Our pick 2 could become extremley valuable during this deal, make no mistake I believe we are in this deal up to our eyeballs, we wont necessarily get Judd, but what are we going to get offered for that pick.

All this talk of us getting something for pick 2 and trading it away; how about we keep it and take Kruezer or Cotchin.  That sounds like a plan to me.   ;)

GO TIGES!!!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2007, 07:44:04 AM »
The Age says,

Judd has told the Hawks he's not interested in going to Hawthorn and won't be meeting them.

Doesn't that say a lot :shh

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2007, 08:04:13 AM »
getting judd would be very dangerous

not only because we dont really know if judd will ever get his only assett "speed" back and whether he wil have the same impact for us that he had at the eagles. we know chronic groin problems eventually slpw u down, ball and cogs are 2 examples

but

the biggest problem in getting judd would be that it may destablise the group and plans we have. it reminds me of when we resigned gaspar on that huge contract, it destroyed the spirit withing the club. atm, we dont have a top team, but we have plenty of spirit. getting judd and losing topo draft pics and good players will tear the team up.

if judd falls through to the psd , and we lose nothing 4 him fine, thats the only way

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2007, 09:34:40 AM »
couldnt imagine him going from the frying pan (WC) into the fire (hawks), mind you when you post 2.5 mill profit(hawks apparently) it would be attractive.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2007, 09:38:23 AM »
latest offering from 3aw, Richmond seem hamstrung due to TPP, we have little room in the salary cap. WTF!

If those idiots at Punt Rd are paying more than 94 to 95% of the salary cap they should all be fired.

Remember we have restricted our TPP to a certain level the last few years due to financial constraints and won't exceed it. So how can we have little room in our actual salary cap when we restrict ourselves to well below it. 3aw talking crap. A TPP of 97% of the salary cap rings a bell but I could be wrong.

Joel will replace Gas on the vets list so only half of Joel's salary will count towards the cap. We have the room. It's a matter of whether we are willing to pay the kind of dough bandied around for Judd. Whichever club gets him will require some creative accounting to fit as much as possible of Judd's  salary under "marketing" so it's outside the salary cap.

hope you are right oh mightyone, would peeed if it was really the other way round, as each year passes i get concerned with miller handing out the pay packets.

thankgod we have steve wright crosssing the t's and dotting the i's.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2007, 09:41:41 AM »
The Age says,

Doesn't that say a lot :shh

mmmm doesnt want to go from one recovering d____ ravaged club to another that has the same issues and doesnt seem to be recovering at all.  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2007, 09:57:48 AM »
latest offering from 3aw, Richmond seem hamstrung due to TPP, we have little room in the salary cap. WTF!

If those idiots at Punt Rd are paying more than 94 to 95% of the salary cap they should all be fired.

Remember we have restricted our TPP to a certain level the last few years due to financial constraints and won't exceed it. So how can we have little room in our actual salary cap when we restrict ourselves to well below it. 3aw talking crap. A TPP of 97% of the salary cap rings a bell but I could be wrong.

Joel will replace Gas on the vets list so only half of Joel's salary will count towards the cap. We have the room. It's a matter of whether we are willing to pay the kind of dough bandied around for Judd. Whichever club gets him will require some creative accounting to fit as much as possible of Judd's  salary under "marketing" so it's outside the salary cap.

hope you are right oh mightyone, would peeed if it was really the other way round, as each year passes i get concerned with miller handing out the pay packets.

relax rogerd3

Plenty of room in the tpp, plenty.

This is all semantics until trade week

Sleep tight and read a good book, keep away from the papers and the radio, wait until friday 12th October 2.00pm. All will be revealed. :thumbsup

Judd is ours if we want him, the questions are

1. do we want to pay 18% of the tpp to one player.
2. What example will Judds pay set for our developing stars ( Foley, Lids, Thirsty, Edwards, Jack, Blinger)
3. Do we want to change our original plans working towards developing our own stars till 2011.
4. Whats his groin like?

Judd is the best player in the league, he will pay for himself in memberships. he will provide a superb example for our developing talent.

Leave this one to greg and stephen, trust me, they know what they are doing :shh

As interesting sidenote, everybody wants our pick2, not saying we will trade it, but it is becoming more and more valuable by the day. :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »
getting judd would be very dangerous

You're right.

We might actually improve. ::)

I hope Miller can convince his manager today that Tigerland is where his future lies. :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2007, 12:23:27 PM »
Exciting post blaisee.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2007, 01:59:32 PM »

relax rogerd3

Plenty of room in the tpp, plenty.

This is all semantics until trade week

Sleep tight and read a good book, keep away from the papers and the radio, wait until friday 12th October 2.00pm. All will be revealed. :thumbsup

Judd is ours if we want him, the questions are

1. do we want to pay 18% of the tpp to one player.
2. What example will Judds pay set for our developing stars ( Foley, Lids, Thirsty, Edwards, Jack, Blinger)
3. Do we want to change our original plans working towards developing our own stars till 2011.
4. Whats his groin like?

Judd is the best player in the league, he will pay for himself in memberships. he will provide a superb example for our developing talent.

Leave this one to greg and stephen, trust me, they know what they are doing :shh

As interesting sidenote, everybody wants our pick2, not saying we will trade it, but it is becoming more and more valuable by the day. :thumbsup

Ahhhhh Blaisee - A voice of reason in a sea of panic.

Are you listening Flubber boy ???

Personally, would prefer we develop our own, BUT, Judd is the only exception if his groin is repairable to get to back to his brilliant best.

I saw an 18y-o Judd play his 1st (and only) game of WAFL for East Perth in 2002.  He had 5 goals and 32 touches to 3/4 time.  Andy Lovell made the call at 3/4 time, Chris you're in cotton wool.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2007, 04:56:35 PM »
Herald-Sun today gave us a 3/10 chance of getting. Carlton was 9/10, Collingwood 7/10, Essendon 6.5/10, Melbourne 5/10 and Hawthorn 4.5/10.

They said we would need to trade either pick 2 and one of Foley/Lids or picks 2, 18 and Tambling.

Attraction to Judd: Big 4 club, MCG, fanatical supporter base, "if being the white knight for a club lost in the abyss is a challenge then look no futher than the Tigers"

Turn off for Judd: Bottom side, 3 years at least off challenging.

Herald-Sun says we're pushing uphill and have already heard we are not a consideration.

Greg Miller said he will meet Judd's manager Paul Connors tomorrow but haven't had answers at this stage. 

Ox

« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »
Herald-Sun today gave us a 3/10 chance of getting. Carlton was 9/10, Collingwood 7/10, Essendon 6.5/10, Melbourne 5/10 and Hawthorn 4.5/10.

They said we would need to trade either pick 2 and one of Foley/Lids or picks 2, 18 and Tambling.

Attraction to Judd: Big 4 club, MCG, fanatical supporter base, "if being the white knight for a club lost in the abyss is a challenge then look no futher than the Tigers"

Herald-Sun says we're pushing uphill and have already heard we are not a consideration.

Greg Miller said he will meet Judd's manager Paul Connors tomorrow but haven't had answers at this stage. 

absolute dic keheads.

LMAO @ "WHAT THEY SAY"

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2007, 05:20:43 PM »

If people didn't happen to see it, you missed a good laugh at whoever wrote the Essendon piece.

Here is a highlight of the humorous moments:

What they will offer?

Essendon will offer pick 6, 23 and Courtney Johns or Keplar Bradley  :lol

They might have to throw a McPhee in as well  :lol

What will attract Judd?

The team is young, talented and on the improve  :lol

Priceless, I think it'd have to be the comedy stylings of Mark Robinson
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do