Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95179 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2007, 02:36:25 PM »
Ch 7 reckons there'll be a 3-way trade b/w Melb, WC and Sydney

Picks 4, 11, 21 to West Coast

Travis Johnstone + another Demon to Sydney

Judd + a Swan (possibly Jolly) to Melbourne

Why are West Coast seemingly so desperate for pick 2? Everywhere im reading they are dying for pick 2 lol. And the reason im asking is if they get 4 11 and 21 they have 13  they would have 4 picks inside the top 21 thats not bad at all. Why do they want pick 2.

becaus they want cotchin.

And there isno   guarantee he will be there at No3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2007, 03:13:41 PM »
SEN saying Melbourne was knocked back due to its player facilities or lack of them compared to other clubs.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »
can confirm in light of todays announcements that things are going to plan as far as the rfc is concerned
 ;)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2007, 05:06:51 PM »
can confirm in light of todays announcements that things are going to plan as far as the rfc is concerned
 ;)

well if it is true, that judd will nominate the skunks, then surely judd will end up in the psd or surely then rfc will enter the table.

the wce have said numerous times, that they will not trade or deal with the pies. that leaves us in the box seat regardless what blues and pies fans think

Ramps

« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »
Collingwood will be the preffered choice of one chris judd, the longer it takes to officially announce this, the better for richmond.

Behind the scenes, the clubs are clammering to appease the west coast eagles.
The tigers position on this matter is crucial, and just as crucial, it is a position that is flexible.

The names Reid/Brown/Rusling have been intimated as being available.

The tigers public position on this has been significant, their isnt one.

We will work with or against whoever gets us the best deal. If the deal isnt good enough, we will work to get judd ourselves

If pick 2 is traded, expect a downgrade on our 1st round pick, (West coasts or Collingwoods) , also expect at least 1 10 year 18/19 year key position footballer, that is regarded a blue chip talent

Pick 2 = Chris Judd, and everyone knows it.

Stay tuned  :shh

We are right in the box seat if he picks collingwood. I cant see how West Coast will allow a side who finished 3rd to get Judd. I cant see it. As for carlton, as long as they keep there "we wont give up 1" policy then we are right in the ball game. We just need a bit of luck now..and some egos to get in the way.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2007, 05:48:38 PM »
Pies fans ringing up on the radio saying Judd wouldn't fit into their line-up at the moment and Pendlebury is better than Judd. Funny stuff  :rollin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »
The Blues have said previously they are willing to put picks 3 & 20 on the table for Judd. I can't see the Pies bettering that unless they were prepared to offer up Thomas or Pendlebury with their first pick 14. It pays to tank  ::).

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2007, 07:42:04 PM »
The Blues have said previously they are willing to put picks 3 & 20 on the table for Judd. I can't see the Pies bettering that unless they were prepared to offer up Thomas or Pendlebury with their first pick 14. It pays to tank  ::).

how true..

it pays to tank.
i wouldve been happy if he goes to the demons or even bombers but to carlton or the pies. 6 of 1 i hate em both equally.

and to be honest whoever gets em out of those 2 will be top 4 next year especially if blues manage to keep fev
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2007, 10:25:27 PM »
If the Eagles hierarchy are thinking the same way as their supporters in regards to Judd going to the Pies then we should hold onto pick 2.

Quote from: TOA
I rather we lose him for nothing in the PSD, rather than some joke of a deal that allows him to play for the Pies.

Quote from: Sico 17
If he comes back with I want to go to Collingwood and only Collingwood we should go to the media. Say we have given Judd two options to return to Melbourne and he has refused both because he wants to go to Collingwood. We should publicly ask Andy D if he is going to let Eddie McGuire/Collingwood/Judd tamper with the draft process. Put public pressure on Andy D to actually do his job and not look the other way.

Then if nothing happens we let him rot at Richmond. We make a deal with them that they will not trade Judd after one year, for that we will let them have Morton for a 5th round draft pick.

http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10755&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=240

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2007, 10:39:45 PM »
 ;)

well if it is true, that judd will nominate the skunks, then surely judd will end up in the psd or surely then rfc will enter the table.

the wce have said numerous times, that they will not trade or deal with the pies. that leaves us in the box seat regardless what blues and pies fans think
Before today it was 4 clubs + us (b/c of the PSD). Now it's down to 2 clubs + us.

The papers tomorrow say Judd will nominate his one preferred club by the end of the week. That will make it a 50/50 chance. If his preferred club is the Blues then I can't see us getting him as they will offer something at least palatable to the Eagles (say picks 3 & 20). However if it's the Pies then as Ramps says we are a big show if egos and a bit of luck come into it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2007, 05:16:10 AM »
From the Australian:

Collingwood met Richmond and spoke to the Blues, who between them have the first three selections in the national draft.

But Carlton took the early initiative and attempted to jump to the front of the queue by setting up a deal with West Coast.

The Blues offered the Eagles pick No3 and 20-year-old West Australian Josh Kennedy.

As the Magpies, whose first pick in the draft is No14, attempted to talk trading to rivals for an early selection to satisfy West Coast, the Blues put their offer on the table, a week before the official start of the player-exchange period on Monday.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22515341-5012432,00.html

From the Age:

West Coast recruiting manager Trevor Woodhouse said yesterday it was "disappointing" that Judd had cut the number of clubs to two, but suggested that Melbourne and Essendon weren't necessarily out of the picture "if push came to shove and we can't come up with a deal with those … it will be interesting to see what transpires, I guess".

Woodhouse dismissed suggestions that the Eagles would not deal with Collingwood over Judd, due in part to a problematic trading history between the clubs. "I think we're big enough to get over all those things, if it comes to the fact where you have to deal with them and the deal's right, then you'll deal with them. It's really a business proposition now, so you can't just say 'no, we don't deal with them'."

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/two-left-in-the-race-for-judd/2007/10/01/1191091033999.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #326 on: October 02, 2007, 01:07:26 PM »
Collingwood met Richmond and spoke to the Blues, who between them have the first three selections in the national draft.

I hope we politely told them to buzz off. 

Btw KB said today he would trade pick 2 for Judd.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: October 02, 2007, 01:09:03 PM »
Btw KB said today he would trade pick 2 for Judd.

I'd hope Miller would too.
We have been quiet on this. I'd like Miller to try and trump the other two.

Is it possible... :shh

Ramps

« Reply #328 on: October 02, 2007, 01:29:57 PM »
Supertiger on bigfooty has got all the collingwood imbeciles fired up .... asked for 2 players out of Pendlebury Thomas Clarke and Cloke. Also went onto the WCE supporter board and said that at some stage Richmond would probably offer up pick 2 for Judd. Eagles supporters seem happy to get pick 2 for Judd lol. Collingwood and Carlton supporters not so happy lol.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #329 on: October 02, 2007, 02:25:53 PM »
Supertiger on bigfooty has got all the collingwood imbeciles fired up .... asked for 2 players out of Pendlebury Thomas Clarke and Cloke. Also went onto the WCE supporter board and said that at some stage Richmond would probably offer up pick 2 for Judd. Eagles supporters seem happy to get pick 2 for Judd lol. Collingwood and Carlton supporters not so happy lol.
Supertiger  ;) is doing a great job at mission sabotage :lol