Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94929 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #495 on: October 07, 2007, 12:39:46 PM »
One and half pages of crap. Drop it already please

Lets get back to the point. Can we get Judd and if so how?    :gotigers

i think its obvious we wont be going for him as we may get him in the PSD.
it hurts me to say but i say the eagles will deal with the blues and take their 3,20 and kennedy
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #496 on: October 07, 2007, 05:04:40 PM »
if its TRUE  that Judd does not want to play with us at all, i say F him off with a Capital F

but this does not mean we cant use the situation to our advantage , so we have to somehow get pick 3 off the Blues.

If say Judd does not mind being with us, we have to do what ever we can to get him.

Ramps

« Reply #497 on: October 07, 2007, 05:12:47 PM »
I think the only deal we could make with the eagles is something like swapping our 2 pick and say pick 18 for pick 3 and 13. In a draft where the quality falls away quick smart id probably seriously consider it coz 13 may get us a half decent player but 18 may not.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #498 on: October 07, 2007, 06:28:31 PM »
One and half pages of crap. Drop it already please

Lets get back to the point. Can we get Judd and if so how?    :gotigers
Thanks Fluffy and well said.

All the crap  ::) has been removed. Back to the topic!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #499 on: October 07, 2007, 07:02:33 PM »
Carlton fans are so cocky over this and believe Judd will be a Blue within 24 hours. They reckon they'll get Judd for just pick 3 + Kennedy because Kennedy was an early first rounder (pick 4, 2005) so they're giving the Eagles two top 5 picks. They are also claiming the sticking point is the Eagles want more (surprise surprise) and adding pick 20 will get the deal done but Carlton wants something in return for it (a young Vic Eagle).

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=26

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #500 on: October 07, 2007, 07:25:08 PM »
One thing that will satisfy me no end is to watch Carlscum fall flat on their face and fail in their quest on Judd. Their cockiness is questionable and if we can thwart Judd from wearing the navy blue next year lets do it.
Richmond 1 lets put Richmond their interests their people their team their fans first.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #501 on: October 07, 2007, 08:19:24 PM »
Eagles r a joke seriously if they accept this deal with this kennedy.
a top 5 pick he may be but he looks out of his depth by AFL standards and accept him as part of this deal will come back and bite them on the arse.

You know what makes this whole thing worse, is that if this goes thru in the blues favour we have to hear about it on SEN for the next 6 months till the start of next season.

I may have to consider a change in radio stations i cant handle these blues tossers calling in and boasting about their list

cheating f-cucks

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #502 on: October 07, 2007, 08:38:38 PM »
Deal is now done according to posters on Big Fruity. To be quite honest I hope it is so the rest of the competition can get on with trade week.

Pick 2 will be C Morton, Pick 19 or 35 will be M Morton?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #503 on: October 07, 2007, 10:10:18 PM »
Deal is now done according to posters on Big Fruity. To be quite honest I hope it is so the rest of the competition can get on with trade week.
I think a deal is close to being done buit it seems this BF poster has changed his story in just 3 days when he also said "lock it in!".

:-\
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #504 on: October 07, 2007, 10:13:57 PM »
I think a deal is close to being done buit it seems this BF poster has changed his story in just 3 days when he also said "lock it in!".

35 for Morton is JUST ok - JUST!

19 is a mistake for just Morton on his own.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #505 on: October 07, 2007, 10:16:59 PM »

35 for Morton is JUST ok - JUST!

19 is a mistake for just Morton on his own.

19 for Morton then Miller can just about start packing his bags. no way

can someone tell me which website this was found in...

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #506 on: October 07, 2007, 10:25:49 PM »
I think pick 35 will be fine but I think you people might be under rating M Morton. He can play, as a junior he was awarded the Ron Barassi medal for the best player in the under 17 tour of Ireland. Touted as a top 5 pick in 2005. Just hasn't been able to break into the West Coast's super midfield. He had a groin and shoulder injury last year which held up his progress. He is a pure mid, not HFF. I would be happy to use pick 35 on him!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: October 07, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »
no deal has been done, wait until at least wednesday.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #508 on: October 07, 2007, 10:33:17 PM »
2 points

1/ if we help the bues to get judd, milelr should f the right off! no way should we do anything to help the blues. the only way i would help carlton get judd is of the blues give us pick 1 and 3 so we would have 1,2,3 in the draft!  why the f should we help those scum
Agree but if the Eagles cave in to picks 3, 20 + Kennedy then there's nothing we can do without screwing the Eagles and going to Carlton and offer say Krak + Harts for pick 3 and let Carlton get Judd in the PSD.

2/ if its true that judd definately does not want us, f him too, if this is the case then we should screw any deals to put pressure on the blues  to give us what we want!
Gehrig and Stevens probably didn't want to initally end up where they did when both wanted to go to the Pies but they ended up great servants for their respective new club. Judd said he wanted to move back to Melbourne and closer to his family. The RFC is in Melbourne.  

on a side note, maybe just pick 3 from carlton may also just be ok, then we get both morton and cotchin, that would keep mt and myself happy ;D
I'll be in that X ;D  :thumbsup

but as mt said, the articles dont make sense, and if its true that judd has said he does not want us, why have the eagles said and admitted they have spoken to us and are happy to trade with us and without us giving us picks. my source also told me that this is the case , i posted it yesterday and this articles proves that miller wont give up pick 2 so my source may be on the money.
Nisbett also revealed that West Coast would be willing to deal direct with Richmond in a deal for Judd that would suit the Eagles and Tigers.

"We know Richmond are keen to deal with us," he said.

"We'll talk to them on Monday and see what prospects there are there.

im sure and certain we wont trade pick 2 cos miller has said all along we wont and in this article he maintains this stance
Richmond football director Greg Miller said the Tigers expected Carlton to seal the Judd deal, but would remain "an interested bystander" as talks unfold.

"We're interested for a number of reasons, we're interested in who has No. 1 (in the national draft) and what that means for our No. 2 pick."
If the Eagles are publicly saying they will meet Miller tomorrow then a deal hasn't been done with Carlton either. The ball is in the Eagles court now. If they have wavered away from demanding pick 1 then our position is significantly weaker. We would need to offer up pick 2 + something to make the Carlton offer not the best one out there.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #509 on: October 07, 2007, 11:04:23 PM »
I think pick 35 will be fine but I think you people might be under rating M Morton. He can play, as a junior he was awarded the Ron Barassi medal for the best player in the under 17 tour of Ireland. Touted as a top 5 pick in 2005. Just hasn't been able to break into the West Coast's super midfield. He had a groin and shoulder injury last year which held up his progress. He is a pure mid, not HFF. I would be happy to use pick 35 on him!
With Judd heading back to Victoria there will be a spot in the Eagles midfield for Mitch Morton if he's good enough. In the final against Collingwood with no Judd, Kerr or Cousins he still couldn't get into their side.

I'm not a fan of the "just can't break into the side b/c of their superstars" excuse. It was the same one used for Shane Morrison  :P. Another way of saying inferior fringe player IMV.

As Ramps said pick 35 is just okay - JUST ... and that's because this draft is weak. If we use pick 19 then we are only repeating the same mistakes of the past and the whole recruiting staff should get their marching orders.