Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94818 times)

richmondrules

Re: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #765 on: November 12, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »
Pratt said today he still expects to be Carlton president next year.

Source: Ch 9.

I don't doubt it. Pratt would not be used to not getting his own way. I think it is pretty safe to assume that there will be no AFL sanctions for Pratt. When you have 5 billion dollars it really isn't about the money any more, it's about power and rogering young fellows like Andrew Demitriou right up the proverbial. AD would enjoy every minute of it, all the way to the bank.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #766 on: November 12, 2007, 02:21:22 PM »
According to Swann, Pratt won't have to go before the AFL commission and their argument is what happened with VISY is irrelevant to Carlton. So Swann and their board want Pratt to stay on.

Source: SEN

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #767 on: November 12, 2007, 05:11:39 PM »
Poor Andy D and co. can only discuss one thing at a time at each AFL meeting so Pratt gets off the hook thanks to Benny's antics.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #768 on: November 12, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »
Poor Andy D and co. can only discuss one thing at a time at each AFL meeting so Pratt gets off the hook thanks to Benny's antics.
Is it Andy or Mike Fitzpatrick pulling strings here.
Anything to do with Carlton lately gets treated favourably.
Tanking, President, priority picks.
Something smells that's for sure  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #769 on: November 12, 2007, 05:32:18 PM »
As was pointed out in the Herald-Sun a week ago, Andy D is open to conspiracy theories in regards to Pratt.

The fact that Demetriou, between 2002 and 2006, was non-executive chairman of a waste management company in which Pratt's company had invested heavily would play no part in any league decision to remain silent.

But it is the sort of thing that leaves Demetriou, and therefore, the AFL, open to the conspiracy theorists.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22709527%255E19742,00.html

Moi

« Reply #770 on: November 12, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »
As was pointed out in the Herald-Sun a week ago, Andy D is open to conspiracy theories in regards to Pratt.

The fact that Demetriou, between 2002 and 2006, was non-executive chairman of a waste management company in which Pratt's company had invested heavily would play no part in any league decision to remain silent.

But it is the sort of thing that leaves Demetriou, and therefore, the AFL, open to the conspiracy theorists.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22709527%255E19742,00.html
And he had some dealings with the West Coast too.  So what are supporters supposed to make of all this?
We all know if it was us, we'd be in huge trouble.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #771 on: November 12, 2007, 05:44:53 PM »

And he had some dealings with the West Coast too.  So what are supporters supposed to make of all this?
We all know if it was us, we'd be in huge trouble.

Conflict of interest doesn't seem to matter anymore?!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #772 on: November 13, 2007, 06:23:23 AM »
from today's Age:

In a radio interview on SEN earlier this month, Demetriou said: "People will form their own views of Richard Pratt, but he's been one of the great philanthropists in this country. He's made a significant contribution in many areas and he's also continued to make a significant contribution to this football club.

"Has he brought the AFL or the game into disrepute? … from where we sit … he hasn't, because he's been co-operating. He certainly hasn't been objective to what's been going on, he hasn't challenged it. He's accepted what's been forthcoming and the people who have admitted to being responsible have moved on."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/pratt-ready-to-fight-for-his-job/2007/11/12/1194766589007.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

richmondrules

« Reply #773 on: November 13, 2007, 07:54:01 AM »
from today's Age:

In a radio interview on SEN earlier this month, Demetriou said: "People will form their own views of Richard Pratt, but he's been one of the great philanthropists in this country. He's made a significant contribution in many areas and he's also continued to make a significant contribution to this football club.

"Has he brought the AFL or the game into disrepute? … from where we sit … he hasn't, because he's been co-operating. He certainly hasn't been objective to what's been going on, he hasn't challenged it. He's accepted what's been forthcoming and the people who have admitted to being responsible have moved on."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/pratt-ready-to-fight-for-his-job/2007/11/12/1194766589007.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Being desperately cynical I would say he has far too much money to bring the game into disrepute. AD knows it, he's standing at Pratt's feet waiting for any scraps to fall. Business is the religion of money and Pratt is a high priest. Acolytes like AD are there to serve on their way to becoming high priests or die in the attempt. Cousins was a mere entertainment, the fool if you like, so he can be sacrificed at the alter for the amusement of the true believers. The mistake old Elliot made was losing his money at the same time as being caught diddling the books. The worshippers turn into rabid dogs at the first sign of weakness.

Personally I don't care how much money Pratt has. Good luck to him, I don't pray at that alter so it has little meaning to me. But don't try to fool me with your rubbish rhetoric AD, I simply don't believe you.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #774 on: November 13, 2007, 08:50:06 AM »
I am not advocating what Ben Cousins has done, but he never got caught match day using drugs, it was done in his own time. His performances never seemed to suffer as a result of him using the gear.

He is in the news for doing wrong, as is Richard Pratt, but one is bringing the game into disrepute and one isn't?

He's a great philanthropist??? Where did the money come from in the first place for him to give away?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #775 on: November 15, 2007, 12:55:54 PM »
He's a great philanthropist??? Where did the money come from in the first place for him to give away?
Exactly and how it that relevant anyway to Pratt and Visy deliberately ripping people off.

Did anyone hear Patrick Smith and John Elliott's "tiff" this morning? Elliott still in denial that Carlton cheated under his reign  ::).

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #776 on: November 15, 2007, 01:04:10 PM »
Did anyone hear Patrick Smith and John Elliott's "tiff" this morning? Elliott still in denial that Carlton cheated under his reign  ::).

Yeah they replayed it just before 12.00pm

Big John carrying on about Patrick attacking Pratt, Patrick carrying on about Big John having no credibility, Big John telling Patrick "don't attack me now Patrick - you (patrick) are a disgrace.....

Both of them coming across as having the credibility of a pea :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #777 on: November 15, 2007, 01:43:20 PM »

Yeah...  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #778 on: November 15, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
No.5 Chris Judd ---> No.9 Trent Cotchin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #779 on: November 15, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »

Yeah they replayed it just before 12.00pm

Big John carrying on about Patrick attacking Pratt, Patrick carrying on about Big John having no credibility, Big John telling Patrick "don't attack me now Patrick - you (patrick) are a disgrace.....

Both of them coming across as having the credibility of a pea :rollin
Yep that's the one. Both just being their usual selves lol.