Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94933 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #930 on: April 06, 2008, 12:23:15 AM »
Problem is next week we will all be quietly barracking for  :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #931 on: April 06, 2008, 12:53:27 AM »
Could still be a draw CUB  ;)

Even Frawley who on this forum is so widely regarded as the biggest fraud since Milli Vanilli and Fairlie Arrow has got a better coaching record from round 8 2003 till the end of his tenure than poor old Ratts. :stupid
:rollin

Every coach in freaking history has a better record than Ratts  :lol

Like I said MT don't be like that just go the whole hog and kick the bastards so bloody hard that they will retire to their hovells and won't stick their heads out of there for years. Could not happen to a more worthy lot of Scumbuckets. :woohoo
LOL

How about a record 24 consecutive weeks conceding 100+ points  ;).

Who says money can't buy you happiness  :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #932 on: April 06, 2008, 01:07:23 AM »
going for the pies. all the way.
pies are my second most hated team but seriously compared to the blues they...well they dont compare

i would love nothing more to see the blues lose the next 10 in a row
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #933 on: April 06, 2008, 01:36:23 AM »
going for the pies. all the way.
pies are my second most hated team but seriously compared to the blues they...well they dont compare

i would love nothing more to see the blues lose the next 10 in a row

Ditto Daniel. Hate Carlscum more than any other team. As far as I am concerned if the Pies win great , hope the Blues lose the next 100. Would love Melbourne  to get thrahed in their first 4 and in a game where both teams really endeavour to win they fall short of the Dees in Round 5. Let the Bastards suffer and suffer hard.
Eternal pain Eternal misery and Eternal failure on the Carlton Football Club.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #934 on: April 06, 2008, 07:54:08 AM »
watching judd , in jured or not, regardless how good he is , he sure does get many overrsted and cheap possessions.

sure he wins his fair share of clearances but v good players he wont.

mcveigh killed him last night when he went on him

loved seeing the scum lose, and imo, lovett was bog and turned teh game for the bumbers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #935 on: April 26, 2008, 04:22:02 AM »
A little bit about us thinking of doing a 'Veale deal' in today's Age article on Judd....

How Chris Judd got to Carlton
Jake Niall | April 25, 2008

Richmond, holding the leverage of first pick in the uncontracted draft, did not meekly accept that it was out of the race and, as West Coast looked for another bidder, Richmond football director Greg Miller began extensive discussions with the West Coast football department.

Miller offered picks 2 and 18, which was better than the pick 3 Carlton had on the table. The Eagles wanted Trent Cotchin, and needed a pick higher than 3 to draft the Victorian midfielder.

Miller and West Coast discussed a "Veale deal" - the name given to trades in which a player is sent, against his wishes, into the pre-season draft and to the bottom club. The Bulldogs had obtained an unhappy Jade Rawlings from Hawthorn, using the pawn of unheralded Lochlan Veale.

Connors knew what was being cooked up, and phoned Miller. If West Coast forced Judd into the draft in a deal for pick 2 and 18 (with another player acting as a pawn), Connors said Judd would place a $2 million price on his head, blowing Richmond's salary cap apart.

Ultimately, West Coast accepted Carlton's offer, which by early in trade week had included a reluctant Kennedy and pick 3. Pick 20 was the last bargaining chip.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/jake-niall/a-jake-niall-report/2008/04/25/1208743258420.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #936 on: April 26, 2008, 09:15:59 AM »
glad we didnt get judd

the cotch will be better!

Ramps

« Reply #937 on: April 26, 2008, 10:27:35 AM »
Cotchin and Rance is better for our future than getting a 24 yo judd with his injury concerns.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #938 on: April 26, 2008, 12:15:37 PM »
"Connors said Judd would place a $2 million price on his head, blowing Richmond's salary cap apart."

I have never understood how that would blow our salary cap apart and not everybody else's - including Carlton. Regardless of how it's paid it has to be counted in the 2008 year, so why would it affect us and not them?

Regarding the posters who are glad that we didn't get Judd, preferring Cotchin - who is yet to play a game - a quote from John McEnroe springs to mind.....

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #939 on: April 26, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »
"Connors said Judd would place a $2 million price on his head, blowing Richmond's salary cap apart."

I have never understood how that would blow our salary cap apart and not everybody else's - including Carlton. Regardless of how it's paid it has to be counted in the 2008 year, so why would it affect us and not them?

Regarding the posters who are glad that we didn't get Judd, preferring Cotchin - who is yet to play a game - a quote from John McEnroe springs to mind.....

Spot on, if he nominates that price it means Carlton would also have had to include it in their salary cap if they got him.

But we all know that never happened because some "other forces" stepped in.  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #940 on: April 26, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »

- a quote from John McEnroe springs to mind.....

Is that the quote from the ad from the mid 80's where JP Mc awakens in a hotel to the phone ringing, picks up the receiver, and just exclaims - "Milk !"

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #941 on: April 26, 2008, 01:10:04 PM »

speak to "us" posters in 2 yrs and see what you think. judd is a handy player. will never be as good at carlscum than the eagle. imo hodge is a far better footballer than judd and the cotch will bloom and conquer

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #942 on: April 26, 2008, 05:24:34 PM »

...judd is a handy player...

Let me think about that pearler....... :rollin

I've thought about it...

It's Gold   :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #943 on: April 26, 2008, 05:31:55 PM »
I have Judd as part of my supercoach team, he let me down badly today. Hes not travelling the best at Carlton, hes about 40% below where he was at the Eagles.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #944 on: April 26, 2008, 05:34:49 PM »
Wasn't he BOG last week ? - I didn't see or hear any of that game but I think he got 10 from the coaches on Footy Classified?