Author Topic: Yeah or Neah: 29. Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls  (Read 9112 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Yeah or Neah: 29. Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2007, 05:59:28 PM »
i say keep him for 1 or 2 more years and if he gives us nothing then we offload him.

whoever said we put too much pressure on the kids well do u blame us. look at what has come our way lately.

pettifer at pick 8
sugar we got by letting go pick 2 who by memory was wells or goddard.
richard lounder pick 1, 1998 i think.
tambling..

oakly-nichols..
danny meyer.
need i go on
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »

need i go on
No.  :D

Out of interest, is there anything or anyone you actually think is any good at Richmond?   :gotigers

ps Lounder was 1987.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 06:42:57 PM »
i say keep him for 1 or 2 more years and if he gives us nothing then we offload him.

whoever said we put too much pressure on the kids well do u blame us. look at what has come our way lately.

pettifer at pick 8
richard lounder pick 1, 1998 i think.
tambling..

oakly-nichols..
danny meyer.
need i go on
Lounder was 20 years ago. Hardly relevant now  ???

4 of the 5 picks before Pettifer (pick 9) are no longer on an AFL list. The other Motlop was traded by the Roos to Port. It was an actual first round pick we did alright out of. Blingers will be fine too.

If Wells or Goddard were at Richmond our supporters would be bagging the club for using a top 2 pick on either. They've hardly lived up to their pre-draft reputations. Our problem in that draft was what we did with our other picks. Picking up recycled duds like Fleming and Nicholls instead of kids. It's this missing generation of kids who would be now 23 that has left a massive hole in the peak age bracket of our list (23-26 year olds).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 07:25:05 PM »
thats all good and well but nonetheless we have a average list at best and 2 players we let go are playing in a grand final.

dont try and talk up our draft picks in the last 10 years because they have been disgraceful, led by none other than sugar johnson.
i dont care  what u say, goddard and wells have underformed but they dont compare to johnson. he is a disgrace that bloke and one of the main reasons why we are last. he doesnt lead by example ever!!

at least when i watched campo knighter and flee when they were captains, i could walk away and be happy with their leadership.

Johnson is only good for tossing the coin and he would probably screw that up given time

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2007, 07:30:59 PM »

need i go on

Get it right - pick two was Wells. It was pick 4 when we did the trade - Carlton lost two picks after the trade.

Johnson is captain and hardly a dud.

Goddard is a very very good player.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 07:37:51 PM »
daniella, why put petts down, he is developing into a very dangerous and top hff, 2 pretty damn good yrs in a row, next yr could poassibly get closer to 50 goals f or teh yr, what else do u expect from him

go back to sleep

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2007, 07:41:30 PM »
who r u andrew demetriou?
it was pick 2 in the end fruitloop.

regardless of the fact johnson is a dud. if u disagree thats ur issue.

my money is that your one of those type of people in the stands who bag richo week in week out when he is a leader in that team and it annoys me that johnson iis our captain.

johnson, let me see. he cant kick, can barely mark and my cat is more of a leader than that bloke. u do the math

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 07:46:16 PM »
daniella, why put petts down, he is developing into a very dangerous and top hff, 2 pretty damn good yrs in a row, next yr could poassibly get closer to 50 goals f or teh yr, what else do u expect from him

go back to sleep

what more do i want??
i want people like him to actually try 22 weeks in a year not the last 3 or 4 weeks of the season.
leon davis is a prime exampe. he plays hff and look at him run, chase and tackle. we have got no one that does those 3 things in our forward line.

pettifer is a good kick and good reciever. thats it nothing more. he is too slow and may be one of very few players we can trade worth anything.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2007, 08:25:42 PM »
u have no idea what so ever

Ox

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2007, 08:30:27 PM »
One more year with as minimal progress as this one and his name becomes Joakley.

It may already be...

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2007, 08:49:28 PM »
I hope this thread doesn't get too far ahead of me while I'm still trying to do the maths.

Let's see, a can't kick + a can barely mark + the cat's leadership x newt's IQ =............

Nah, I'll have to keep trying.  :-\ Came up with Rhesus monkey that time.  :help
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2007, 08:50:30 PM »

need i go on
No.  :D

Out of interest, is there anything or anyone you actually think is any good at Richmond?   :gotigers

ps Lounder was 1987.  ;)

to answer your question above...
the whole team are very good and will only improve but the following are not up to it.

jay schultz
kane johnson
tivendale
hyde
pettifer
tambling

you can debate me all you like on this but if you actually think especially the first 4 on this list are going to get this team in the 4 you are kidding yourselves.
they have got to go and thats it..

tambling has 2 more years to develop but doesnt run or tackle enough

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2007, 09:53:36 PM »
what more do i want??
i want people like him to actually try 22 weeks in a year not the last 3 or 4 weeks of the season.
leon davis is a prime exampe. he plays hff and look at him run, chase and tackle. we have got no one that does those 3 things in our forward line.

pettifer is a good kick and good reciever. thats it nothing more. he is too slow and may be one of very few players we can trade worth anything.
Petts this year had 60 more possessions, 87 more marks and kicked 6 more goals (from 2 less games) than Leon Davis who is also a year older.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2007, 09:59:18 PM »
Pettifer is part of the team,deal with it.

Moi

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2007, 05:23:56 AM »
what more do i want??

Petts this year had 60 more possessions, 87 more marks and kicked 6 more goals (from 2 less games) than Leon Davis who is also a year older.
Hehehehehe! Leon who  :rollin