Author Topic: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton  (Read 55966 times)

jackstar

Re: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton
« Reply #390 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:52 PM »
It's a broken record about the McMahon trade because most here wouldn't trade top 20 picks. Even a former teammate has bagged him about being soft privately to a ABC journo (was mentioned tonight after the game).

Disagree about direction. Bringing through a whole lot of young players together isn't a mistake. The next coach in 15 months time will have a good base to build upon.

Well before the 15 months, try one ;)
Also, he is teaching the younger players very bad habits.
And there are too many small players, poor recruiting.
And dont ever tell me that Schulz and Polak are AFL players either, they aint

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #391 on: June 08, 2008, 12:01:56 AM »
Polak Jack I believe can still be an AFL player. I think he is good enough. As for Schulz in hindsight we should have taken pick 28 from Port for him and for Jordy the less said the better it has all been said at nauseum.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #392 on: June 08, 2008, 12:30:49 AM »
It's a broken record about the McMahon trade because most here wouldn't trade top 20 picks. Even a former teammate has bagged him about being soft privately to a ABC journo (was mentioned tonight after the game).

Disagree about direction. Bringing through a whole lot of young players together isn't a mistake. The next coach in 15 months time will have a good base to build upon.

You said that about Plough last year Jack and he's still at Punt Rd. He'll see out his contract.
The younger players aren't the problem. They were the reason we were on top in the first half.
Nothing excuses players not running and not working hard enough. No leadership from senior players. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

« Reply #393 on: June 08, 2008, 07:25:12 AM »
Can tell you the only reason that Wallace is still coaching is because of his friendship with March, stay tuned. ;)
Wallace cant coach, its that obvious

jackstar

« Reply #394 on: June 08, 2008, 07:30:55 AM »
Anyway, we must  all  be happy with our boom recruit :chuck :stupid

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »
If I can turn it to the other bloke.

Bring back Morton next week FFS!  :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

jackstar

« Reply #396 on: June 08, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »
Morton should never ever of been dropped in the first place, its like Comedy Capers at Punt Road ::)

Tigermonk

« Reply #397 on: June 08, 2008, 09:15:37 AM »
McMahon got the ball yesterday my son replied,  Dad here comes a turnover goal  ;D
sure enough he was correct, This guy is a VFL footballer at best.  The Bulldogs made the correct call on making him playout his time in the VFL, but Wallace had to feel sorry for him & bring him to Tigerland to torture us.

jackstar

« Reply #398 on: June 08, 2008, 09:28:11 AM »
torture us for $300,000 a year. ::)

Tigermonk

« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2008, 10:53:37 AM »
torture us for $300,000 a year. ::)

for 3 years at that
footy experts are giving it to him, saying that he was brought to the club to help our clanger rate but its helped in the wrong direction, Mcmahon leads for the clangers  ;D

Footy show on ch7 saying Wallace went to sleep in the box for 20 minutes  :lol well if March had the balls he  send Wallace out of punt road with his assistants cause the messages aint going to the players like we think

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2008, 07:41:12 PM »

You said that about Plough last year Jack and he's still at Punt Rd. He'll see out his contract.
The younger players aren't the problem. They were the reason we were on top in the first half.
Nothing excuses players not running and not working hard enough. No leadership from senior players. 

its a disgrace if he sees out his contract MT.
No club in the afl would give a coach 5 years with no finals appearance.

he is a crap coach with no brains.
I cant understand how someone like patto and jordy still get a game. they are not afl standard and i think ive seen enough to know who will make it.
bring in putt or cartledge at once. we need to get some games into them and see who can play and who cant.
seriously anyone could do better than patto.
i compare him to setanta o'laphin and frankly id rather have setanta. patto is useless

someone has to take the fall for bringing these duds to our club and he should be the first to go..
you see thats the reason why we are where we are. we get laughed at because of our recruiting which is a joke.
schulz should have gone to port, meyer should have gone to the hawks, jord-enough said.

tambling how many times can we defend this guy. im sick of hearing yeah well he does a few good things, in and under..bla bla bla
he is rubbish. not even worthy of a top 20 pick let alone top 5.
he will get better bla bla bla sick of hearing it. once again when things r going well he does okay but when their not he goes missing.

not sure what the answer is but IMO he looks weak and disinterested out there.
his tackling OMG how many times did i see ysterday a adelaide break his weak tackles time and time again.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar

« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2008, 07:43:30 PM »

its a disgrace if he sees out his contract MT.
No club in the afl would give a coach 5 years with no finals appearance.

he is a crap coach with no brains.
I cant understand how someone like patto and jordy still get a game. they are not afl standard and i think ive seen enough to know who will make it.
bring in putt or cartledge at once. we need to get some games into them and see who can play and who cant.
seriously anyone could do better than patto.
i compare him to setanta o'laphin and frankly id rather have setanta. patto is useless

someone has to take the fall for bringing these duds to our club and he should be the first to go..
you see thats the reason why we are where we are. we get laughed at because of our recruiting which is a joke.
schulz should have gone to port, meyer should have gone to the hawks, jord-enough said.

tambling how many times can we defend this guy. im sick of hearing yeah well he does a few good things, in and under..bla bla bla
he will get better bla bla bla sick of hearing it. once again when things r going well he does okay but when their not he goes missing.

not sure what the answer is but IMO he looks weak and disinterested out there.
his tackling OMG how many times did i see ysterday a adelaide break his weak tackles time and time again.

100% Correct

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2008, 09:19:51 PM »

If that's your opinion then fair enough, but let's not blame Tambling for being a pick 4 selection, I think thats stupid because the kid didnt choose to go there, blame Greg Miller for picking him at 4 if you feel that way.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »
No you partly blame Greg Miller and co for picking him at pick 4 then you blame Wallet for publicly going out and spindoctoring how right we were in getting him at pick 4 and that Hawthorn missed out. Boy are aour faces red. Then you blame and keep on blaming Wallace for not developing the kid properly and only being a bit part inconsistent player with only fleeting flashes of brilliance. Then you heap more blame on Wallace for nt dropping him more often . The Wallace excuses of Aboriginal players take longer to develop is a load of skata. How about Cyril Rioli David Wirrpunda Andrew McLeod 2 Norm Smiths in first 3 seasons Graeme Johncock  Jeff Farmer Daniel Wells the Burgoynes Adam Goodes. All have developed very quickly and are consistent footballers and integral part of their teams. Your right TA it is not Richies fault it is those responsible with his coaching and his nurturing as well as his football schooling at Punt Rd. 5 seasons at the club and there are kids in their first year of AFL already surpassing him.

McMahon is a ready made replacement of Mr Turnover Tivendale but of course we all knew that anyway.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2008, 01:27:58 PM »
It's all sunshine and raindrops around here isn't it.  :shh

Jackstar - some of what you say rings true but most of what you right is just so negative and bitter. I start to feel depressed just seeing you post no days. As soon as we lose you return and out come the knives for the coach!

I agree that recruiting Jordy looks like a mistake and Patto is having a bad few weeks but the problem really lies in players like Tiv, Petts and Bowden. They are senior players that offer n leadership, play for themselves only and panic under pressure.

Simmo can't jump (Vic Injury) which is why we are getting beaten out of the middle at the moment. Everyone looks bad when we are losing and if we loose the clearnaces then we are stufed in most games.

TW has made some poor decisions of late but some of his weekend match ups and coaching was inspired and won us the first half convincingly. When the matchups changed he should have responded better but Adelaide exposed our weak links and without more run through the middle we were beaten.

I really do believe that Bowden is a hindernace to the team. He can not run which both Morton and Riewoldt can and is too one dimensional. Tiv is too slow and makes too many poor decisions especially under pressure which players far lesse xperinced than him in the team don't make. Petts offers nothing. He hasn't the pace or engine to run through the middle or lead. He can kick but he nver gets the ball.

Jordy is an outside player who needs space. If we are underperforming and the opposition is tackling and pressuring hard, he is exposed. He was a mistake and will be moved aside in the long terms but the club has invested too much acquiring him to admit their mistake any time soon.

Stripes