Author Topic: Wallace to stay or go???  (Read 14414 times)

Passionfruit

Re: Wallace to stay or go???
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »
ur not wrong mate. some people here accept failure and are in denial that this team is no where near where it should be and i aint talking about future draft picks. im talking about the players we do have are not going to take us into the 8. almost guarantee that.

once richo goes god help us. everyone bags the bombers cause there got no one once hird went but seriously who do we have.
what sugar our captain. please. i cant believe no one talks about his position as captain
we didnt have a chance with him as captain. if we r down by 50 points at half time i can honestly say that he wouldnt be putting his hand up to fight us back. he is as weak as some of the posts on this forum
 its always richo, richo and richo
forget about our youth for a second does anyone think this senior team will get us into top 4. i dont.
too many passengers in this team not enough fighters.

Totally agree once again

Passionfruit

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2007, 02:59:16 PM »
You're a real trailblazer, Daniel, pioneer of our time  ::)
No one here has ever discussed Johnston  :rollin

There you go Moi.
Johnston is one of the biggest problems we have.
We should start discussing our Captain as Daniels comments are spot on about him.
Worst captain in the AFL.
I am just waiting for the replies, bagging Jackstar for stating the obvious. :o

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »
i know no one has discussed him and im sorry that you cant handle it but i draw relevance here because if wallace goes next year this guy should NOT be captain of our team.

but i really believe if u want to know how a club is going look at their captain. johnson, whitnall etc etc

johnson in my opinion is the worst performing cap in the league, second only to whitnall..
he is not a LEADER and it clearly hasnt worked. we need a leader and bowden would be better than this poser we have leading our team. i watch him closely every week and by god we would've clearly won 2 or 3 more games if we had a better leader on field. i think even one game against the lions he threw the game away with his pathetic disposal.

great captain. no worries pal
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2007, 03:07:50 PM »
i thought this was a wallace thread?

lets not hijack it with another player assasination :banghead

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2007, 03:13:01 PM »

Daniel would even hijack a thread about Queen Elizabeth, for instance, in order to bash the club, coach, Miller, or most players. While he breathes, he knocks. There's no balance there, only negative opinion. He talks about others talking crap, when he himself should change his nick to "Kenny".

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2007, 03:16:41 PM »

Daniel would even hijack a thread about Queen Elizabeth, for instance, in order to bash the club, coach, Miller, or most players. While he breathes, he knocks. There's no balance there, only negative opinion. He talks about others talking crap, when he himself should change his nick to "Kenny".

Seem to be onto something there Gordon, some peoples posts tend run the same old same old lines.

Its easy to join all the dots together, not unlike another tiger site that i visit sometimes, mind you i tend to not post there much anymore as it gets quite repetitve.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »
its mistakes like giving away a very good pick for McMahon when we could have kept it and offered something substantially lesser that makes the supporters disappointed Moi.
How can you make a judgement like that?
How do you know the player we might have picked up would be any better.
And if the draft is only 20 deep, what precisely have we really missed out on.
Is it just having picks for picks sake, to live in hope, or is to use them where deemed appropriate.
TW will live or die by these decisions, but he's the only one who has set down a plan - boring to some I know - but it's far better to someone like me who hated the club moving forward reacting to what supporters thought.
Our own past history of doing these sort of trades as well as of other clubs who topped up (Freo, St K) would say it's a misguided strategy. It leaves you with the missing age-bracket we have now and you may miss out on more talented footballers that win games of footy for you. If we are on a 2011+ success timeframe then picking up a 24 year old who'll be 28+ by then doesn't make sense to me especially as he doesn't alleviate any of our major deficiencies - onball (both in quality and quantity), in the ruck and at full back. McMahon is a HBFer. The only thing I can think of is the Club expects a Rainesy, Newy and/or Kingy to push into the midfield next year and become the quality ballwinners and clearance winners we desperately need alongside Foley while McMahon takes their place.

It's true Moi, the kid we could have got at pick 19 may have flopped but it's not about just one pick. It's about playing the percentages. It's about bringing through more and more kids each year via a number of picks knowing the better the pick the better the odds of the kid making it and the more kids the better the chance of finding star players. By trading away a good pick, it comes across as the Club lacking faith in its recruiting/scouting/spotting processes, believing it "safer" to trade for a known quantity than drafting a "unknown" kid.

The secret to the draft IMHO is keeping hold of your good picks and then if possible trying to trade for more decent picks so you're adding better quality young footballers each year; Not trading away good picks and ending up with less especially when we're in full rebuilding mode. If we trade away and limit the number of picks and hence the number of kids we draft then we become more and more reliant on every kid we recruit to make it which is unrealistic. It leaves holes in your list in 5-10 years time. We also limit the chance of developing our own star players. This year will be the 22nd draft so the Club should know how it all works by now.

This isn't meant to be a whinge but just my opinion on good/bad recruiting practices. Having now said that McMahon will probably win our B&F lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »

u want balance i just wish your at a richmond game with me when i see richo try his heart out for this team and others like K.J just stand by and watch.

only negative opinion  u say..why?? cause i bag the coach, miller and our captain.

credit when credit is due richo i love that bloke and what he does for this team and if only wallace, miller and K.J had 5% of his attitude we may be a top 4 team.

he bleeds for this team while the others, it seems just collect their pay cheques

Moi

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »
i know no one has discussed him and im sorry that you cant handle it but i draw relevance here because if wallace goes next year this guy should NOT be captain of our team.
You're as thick as Jack - do we have to hit you in the face with sarcasm lol
Back to the topic  :rollin

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2007, 07:17:35 PM »

u want balance i just wish your at a richmond game with me when i see richo try his heart out for this team and others like K.J just stand by and watch.

only negative opinion  u say..why?? cause i bag the coach, miller and our captain.

credit when credit is due richo i love that bloke and what he does for this team and if only wallace, miller and K.J had 5% of his attitude we may be a top 4 team.

he bleeds for this team while the others, it seems just collect their pay cheques
I don't think we'd enjoy each other's company "at a Richmond game".

You just don't stop your bagging, that's the problem. It seems to be in every post you do. By the way,you also bag the club, and many of the players. Too many.

Is it too much to ask that supporters, on the whole, actually support the club?

Okay Kenny, you gave some praise to Richo, so I'll change it in the future to "almost always negative opinion". Now it's up to you to make me modify it even further.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 07:35:37 PM by Gordon Bennett »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2007, 07:29:02 PM »
All I know is that if history repeats itself Terry's call on 2011 may be one of the greatest ever calls.
1963 Cats win flag 4 years later Tigers come back from the abyss to win a flag.
2007 Cats win flag -2011 who knows??
Lightning may strike twice.

Passionfruit

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2007, 07:40:22 PM »

You just don't stop your bagging, that's the problem. It seems to be in every post you do. By the way,you also bag the club, and many of the players. Too many.

Okay Kenny, you gave some praise to Richo, so I'll change it in the future to "almost always negative opinion". Now it's up to you to make me modify it even further.

Hey Gordo.
Its not that we won the flag this year so you would expect some bagging wouldnt you?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »

listen up gordon.
u seem to think i bag everyone at the club, well ur full of it.
here are a list of players whom i respect and really believe try their gutz out on the field

foley
king
richo
patto
troy
browny
thursfield
newman
raines
lids
i may have left out a few

big ??? about our captain, tambling
im sorry if u dont like my opinion about the last 2 well good onya pal i couldnt give a rats.
can any of you actually repeat here that you actually think sugar has lead this team in the right direction cause i cetainly dont.

ill repeat if wallace goes he should go as well. at least the captaincy taken off him

now the folliwng u wont like

Moi

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2007, 08:01:19 PM »

Hey Gordo.
Its not that we won the flag this year so you would expect some bagging wouldnt you?
Except you were bagging before a ball was bounced.
Pull the other one!

Passionfruit

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »

Hey Gordo.
Except you were bagging before a ball was bounced.
Pull the other one!

Thats right MOI! The writing was on the wall before round 1 this year.
If you have a look back, I posted that we wouldnt win agame for the first ten rounds this year, guess what.?
After looking at the draw for 2008, we will get our pants ""Pulled own"" against the blues. Fev will kick a bag and we will get beat.
I can see us winning one or two games in the first 12 round. thats reality.
If you can explain how and why the tigers can win more than that, I am all ears!  Oh Yeah, Captain Dud will lead by example ::) ::) ::)