Author Topic: Tigers off to Craigieburn  (Read 20773 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Tigers off to Craigieburn
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »
craigieburn access via western ring and tulla freeway would be exponentially better than the monash...Not the least bit surprised to hear this...cranbourne is bloody miles away and would hardly be an enticing prospect ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Craigieburn RFC facility update with pics
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2009, 05:29:41 PM »

Brock McLean has used it as an excuse to leave the Dees for Carlton:

Pretty pisweak excuse.

Think the drive would be less of a worry if they weren't getting flogged. What is it anyway, a 3-4 hour day turned into a 5-6 hour day?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »
My only comment....

Grow up Brock you sook and welcome to the real world and you wonder why people think footballers are overpaid brainless fools

OVer an hour in the car - didums....  :chuck :chuck :chuck

:wallywink
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Craigieburn Update Pictures
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2009, 04:21:08 PM »
While heading home from our holiday up North on Friday we were travelling along the Hume Highway and I decided to make a slight detour to check out what's happening happening out at Craigieburn

Here a couple of pics:

The Playing surface is ready and looks a treat  :thumbsup

Here is the new building:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Craigieburn Update Pictures - 2nd
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »
Here's the new building from the carpark

another of the new building:

And yes that big pole in front of the building is a light tower  :thumbsup

Finally this sign is on the corner and shows what the finished building should look like  :thumbsup

NB: if you want to highlight/mention these on other sites - please remember to link them correctly to OER - appreciate it  :thumbsup

Gigantor

« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2009, 05:14:43 PM »
Thanks for the update WP ,much appreciated

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2009, 06:37:40 PM »
Can't wait for that to be finished.
Can't wait till the Punt Rd redevelopment to be completed also.
Off field things are looking up. :cheers

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »
thx wp, going forward, will be great for tiges to make a presence in this growth area..in years to come , should be a TIGER stronghold
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Ramps

« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2009, 08:44:50 PM »
thx wp, going forward, will be great for tiges to make a presence in this growth area..in years to come , should be a TIGER stronghold

The club should also consider ways of ensuring a long lasting presence in the SE suburbs. We cannot just give up a traditional heartland like that, especially to the hawks. Club needs to look at solutions, ie. sponsoring some school leagues in the area, having sister club relationships with some local clubs and schools especially primary schools, maybe look at playing the odd practice game at a venue like Central Park in Glen Waverley.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2009, 10:00:34 PM »

The club should also consider ways of ensuring a long lasting presence in the SE suburbs. We cannot just give up a traditional heartland like that, especially to the hawks. Club needs to look at solutions, ie. sponsoring some school leagues in the area, having sister club relationships with some local clubs and schools especially primary schools, maybe look at playing the odd practice game at a venue like Central Park in Glen Waverley.

Doubt it will happen Ramps - the relationships you are suggesting would already be established by the Hawks. They (Hawthorn) would have those sort of arrangements with various schools.

As for playing practice games at Central Park - I am not familiar with the area but the place would need to be up to a certain standard.

Ramps

« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2009, 11:43:49 PM »

Doubt it will happen Ramps - the relationships you are suggesting would already be established by the Hawks. They (Hawthorn) would have those sort of arrangements with various schools.

As for playing practice games at Central Park - I am not familiar with the area but the place would need to be up to a certain standard.

The hawks probably have established relationships with some schools, but I doubt that they have secured every school. Even if we established a link with some of them - maybe 1 or 2 in Glen Waverley, 1 or 2 in Mount Waverley, 1 or 2 in Vermont/ Vermont South and 1 or 2 in Wantirna/Wantirna South then atleast we can keep up a fantastic presence, and make sure that the hawks dont end up monopolising the area. Id go further and probably even like to see a South Eastern Suburbs Supporters group established to make sure that things happen in the area and that we keep our presence. As for an annual practice match, plenty of places not only Central Park, Wesley College have just developed some fantastic sporting facilities on High Street Road, would be a great place to have a scratch match.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2009, 12:11:43 AM »
Great pics WP  :cheers. Looks like it is coming along nicely. Hopefully it'll be finished and ready for use by early next year.

The architectual firm must love us as they came up with the designs for both this and the Punt Rd development.

Just out of curiosity is the RFC logo on the sign or somewhere the premises? I see the AFL and State Government logos are on the sign. It is Richmond's facility even if the others mentioned put $$$ in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2009, 09:25:54 AM »
Just out of curiosity is the RFC logo on the sign or somewhere the premises? I see the AFL and State Government logos are on the sign. It is Richmond's facility even if the others mentioned put $$$ in.

No RFC logos MT

However as you are driving via Grand Boulevard there is a large billboard thats says something like "come & see our AFL grounds' with a picture of a kid in a Tiger jumper (it's the kid out of the TV ads for the "Highland Estate" the one where ther say "I'm a highlander")

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »
From WP's photos in the training thread the ground surface at Craigieburn looks in good nick. How is the pavilion coming along?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2010, 07:20:48 AM »
From WP's photos in the training thread the ground surface at Craigieburn looks in good nick. How is the pavilion coming along?

Fenced off and still being finished. Although no work was being done on Monday

They seemed to have alot more of the "internals" done this time round. What I would assume is going to be the kiosk had a number of things in it waiting to be connected (eg fryer etc)

Re the pic below:

That is all basically filled in now

On the otherside (facing the ground) there are still no seats but all the windows seemed to be in and the walls finished (you cannot see the blue insulation anymore)

As it is a construction site the pavillion is fenced off.

If they "bust thier chops" then it maybe finsihed for family day; which would be a good day to officially open it I suppose  ;D