Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211085 times)

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1890 on: October 12, 2015, 02:05:07 PM »
Fell off his bike in the preseason I think, knowing him it was probably a unicycle!
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1891 on: October 12, 2015, 02:08:27 PM »
Aaaand the broken face in his first year - it was a James Hird-like injury, multiple breaks to facial bones.  Missed 6 weeks or so, if my memory serves me correctly ... he looked like this as they stretchered him off  ...   :gobdrop
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1892 on: October 12, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »
Pretty sure he had a fractured skull from that incident?

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1893 on: October 12, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »
Pulled a hammy doing the bolt from an irate citizen when he was doorknocking once.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1894 on: October 12, 2015, 06:44:36 PM »
Pulled a hammy doing the bolt from an irate citizen when he was doorknocking once.

:lol

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1895 on: December 18, 2015, 12:27:36 AM »
he's far from perfect but he's coming along for a 21yr old 30 gamer
shown he can play to a high standard at the level
will have his ups and downs - especially at Full Back
needs to develop his consistency like all young players but he's played more good games than poor ones this year so that's a step in the right direction
wont die wondering with this one
if we play him as a fb opposition ff will be jumping for joy. you only need look at his strengths or in this case his weaknesses to see why.

personally as a big bodied player id prefer he can defend first and provide run second. rather than run first and defense second. we have some excellent running defenders in newman deledio conca and batchelor. where we are having problems is the big blokes getting hold of us.
 i hope people arent  suggesting rance can do the role of these blokes. yep he provides some run but people have been telling me for yrs now so does mcguane.
one or two decent games does not make a player surely by now richmond people of all people have learnt this harsh lesson. and of course i expect more vitriol from the defenders of all things mediocre.
congrats alex on a good game now do it again and again and again.

:o
Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1896 on: December 18, 2015, 12:29:25 AM »
very poor again just not up to it. very poor  in the air especially assurance and judgement .but it wasnt just in the air tonight, he was poor in most areas..
leopards do not change their spots.

how much did we miss grimes tonight.

have said it all along we have to find a chb and fb. in fact we are putting games into the wrong players mcguane is a hack rance is probably not good enough yet we play them week in week out.

why was jake batchelor on westhoff so much.

:o :o

Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1897 on: December 18, 2015, 12:35:50 AM »
The first 10 or so rounds Rance was on song (people talking AA) but since then he's been well beaten by his direct forward .... Pav, Cameron and now Walker today. Is he carrying some niggle or something (?) as he's terribly lost form. He's losing contact with his opponent all to readily and is just being too slow to react and is being caught out of position which sees him lose his feet at times.
disagree rance has never been on aa track.  the same things that have him in the gun this week  and the last 4 weeks have always been there, and have raised their ugly head most weeks.maybe not as often as this week but most weeks hes been pooe in one area or another.

people imo have become stats gurus and stats lie. 25  possesion games doesnt necesarily mean a good game.

anyway i dont not rate him i just dont think he should play fb imo we dont have a premiership fb yet.

if there was just one player on the list who was capable of holding down fb other than rance  i would be screaming for him to be played.  the truth of the matter is we dont have another option for his job. but we sure as hell need to find one.

:o :o
Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RANCE
« Reply #1898 on: December 18, 2015, 12:44:01 AM »
I TOLD YOU SO

PATHETIC

pathetic thread, honestly don't gloat because he has a bad day, where the stuff are you when he plays well, for the last 3 weeks.....!!!!
you have blinkers on if you think he played well for 3 weeks.

lets face it the exact same problems keep on coming up with rance but when people raise them they are ridiculed and ostracised. a blind man can see rances problems but i still get people talking him up as an A/A  because he gets a bit of ball.
for a key defender it is totally unforgivable to regularly misjudge the ball in the air. to regularly get out bodied one on one, and to regularly get caught out of position.oh and regularly fall over in a contest. these things and more are the things that are regularly bought up. have argued he should never be allowed to play in the last line of defense because of them.

simply put he fails dismally in the primary function of a key defender.

:gobdrop
Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1899 on: December 18, 2015, 12:48:02 AM »
oh dear we still have the same old debate going on.
nothing has changed with rance and its not likely to. the quicker we get a player like james frawley and pee him off the better.

:gobdrop :gobdrop
Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1900 on: December 18, 2015, 12:52:43 AM »
im gunna be the odd man out here and happy to be it. but i question the talk that rance has actually improved in key areas that key defenders just have to be really good in.
hes ordinary and while we have so few decent reasonable kpds he is needed,  but i have no doubt we need to aim for better if we wish to win premierships.we talk about value adding well alex is one id love to value add on,.
the trouble in having alex is the powers that be will continue to fail to add to the key defensive mess that  we have.
i firmly believe we need to taget at least one GENUINE KPD  either junior or mature. same goes for kpf and ruck.

:lol :lol
Unleash the tornado

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1901 on: December 18, 2015, 05:43:44 AM »
One of the all-time stitch ups. Had me chuckling this morning!  :snidegrin

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RANCE
« Reply #1902 on: December 18, 2015, 06:13:48 AM »
I TOLD YOU SO

PATHETIC

pathetic thread, honestly don't gloat because he has a bad day, where the stuff are you when he plays well, for the last 3 weeks.....!!!!
you have blinkers on if you think he played well for 3 weeks.

lets face it the exact same problems keep on coming up with rance but when people raise them they are ridiculed and ostracised. a blind man can see rances problems but i still get people talking him up as an A/A  because he gets a bit of ball.
for a key defender it is totally unforgivable to regularly misjudge the ball in the air. to regularly get out bodied one on one, and to regularly get caught out of position.oh and regularly fall over in a contest. these things and more are the things that are regularly bought up. have argued he should never be allowed to play in the last line of defense because of them.

simply put he fails dismally in the primary function of a key defender.

:gobdrop

Craw, even you would have to concede that this post was over the top
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1903 on: December 18, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
Craw, tell us more about Kamden Macintosh  :snidegrin
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER