Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239729 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #315 on: May 29, 2011, 12:08:36 AM »
How much blame should our midfield get for the amount of pressure Rance was put under all game? We got smashed in the guts and the backline was under the pump for the entire game. Rance was the only one trying to attack the ball and get it out. I agree he made mistakes tonight but he wasn't alone there, obviously his mistakes cost the side more as they are close to the opposition goal.

Still ridiculous to write off such a young kpp when he played so well last week

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #316 on: May 29, 2011, 12:09:34 AM »
very poor again just not up to it. very poor  in the air especially assurance and judgement .but it wasnt just in the air tonight, he was poor in most areas..
leopards do not change their spots.

how much did we miss grimes tonight.

have said it all along we have to find a chb and fb. in fact we are putting games into the wrong players mcguane is a hack rance is probably not good enough yet we play them week in week out.

why was jake batchelor on westhoff so much.
What did Westhoff achieve tonight?

22 possesions and in there best 3 players, thats all :banghead
schulz made rance look silly at times

the claw

« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2011, 12:11:03 AM »
have to ask why matt white got a game sheesh another very ordinary outing and mich farmer was not much better. nahas while he tried hard and got a little bit of ball was ordinary.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2011, 09:47:45 AM »
Should not have dropped Post. Believe bring back Thursfield if fit. Rance is not a key position player and nor is McGuane

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2011, 11:03:10 AM »
How much blame should our midfield get for the amount of pressure Rance was put under all game? We got smashed in the guts and the backline was under the pump for the entire game. Rance was the only one trying to attack the ball and get it out. I agree he made mistakes tonight but he wasn't alone there, obviously his mistakes cost the side more as they are close to the opposition goal.

I think you'll find J'star has Rance under a tight tag. ::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2011, 11:26:02 AM »

Good post Inf.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »
Rance would be a handy 3rd defender. Nick Maxwell type player.

Not really sold on having him as a KP Backman. Grimes is a player. Need to find another KP backman and a big big bodied one to replace McGuane and have all 3 playing together and I think we'd have a reasonable defence.
Go Tigers!

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »
the free kicks he gave away were laughable
Don't care what anyone says on here, he isn't up too it.

As bad as Rance was, and yes jack he was bad....he is 21 years old that is more than worth persevering with...he wasn't an orphan out there tonight.

He was stiff not to get a free kick when Schulz hung onto him after he had got rid of the ball (Schulz got a free kick earlier for exactly the same thing), his turnover coming out of the last line after defending so well was very poor. How about some scrutiny on a very very poor performance by our mids to get back and help our defenders?????? Non existant...its a team game and we didn't play team footy, full stop.

You can individualise all you like against Rance but let me tell you he wasn't the sole reason we lost the game, to coin one of your phrases JJ, I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, WATCH THE GAME.

Simply our guys got ahead of themselves, Deledio on the Footy Show, Jackson on two shows for the week, Nahas middle page spread in the HUN coupled with playing guys who's form at Coburg certainly didn't warrant a game at Richmond in Helbig and Farmer is certainly very disappointing and a huge question mark over Dimmas selection criteria.  Are we playing Helbig to justify our drafting? Or because Dimma loves him because I can assure you his form at Coburg had been nothing short of ordinary.

Forget about playing finals footy, we simply aren't ready to play finals....whats important is how we respond in two weeks time in Sydney some of the mids that really let us down last night showing a non willingness to work hard in oppressive conditions need to come out and make amends for such a poor showing last night.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Dont care what anyone says on here, he isnt up too it.
he's a slow thinker. Takes too long to assess what's happening and has no awareness.

What about Miller? He's not up to it either but I haven't heard you say anything about him.
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2011, 12:27:26 PM »
Don't care what anyone says on here, he isn't up too it.

As bad as Rance was, and yes jack he was bad....he is 21 years old that is more than worth persevering with...he wasn't an orphan out there tonight.

He was stiff not to get a free kick when Schulz hung onto him after he had got rid of the ball (Schulz got a free kick earlier for exactly the same thing), his turnover coming out of the last line after defending so well was very poor. How about some scrutiny on a very very poor performance by our mids to get back and help our defenders?????? Non existant...its a team game and we didn't play team footy, full stop.

dont think you can blame our mids for many of the very elementary mistakes he made.
lets put the game itself aside and ask ourselves what attributes do you want in your key defenders apply them to rance and im sure any one who is honest will have alarm bells ringing.

Personally i think him sort of an in betweener.  Not a good kpp, gets out bodied to easily and lacks judgement when the ball is in flight.
 As a tall running player i dont think his skill set by foot and his decision making is good enough,  would prefer to see someone with real hurt factor in these areas.

Yes hes 21 only played 30 40 odd games played the odd good game but their are constants with him and they continually plague his game.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: May 29, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »

EXACTLY!!! Why was he under so much pressure???  Because the midfield failed! If you're being battered the whole game you're going to make mistakes, as long as he keeps trying, it's when the white flag goes up that you should worry. But hey why pick on a few when you can single out one. so much more fun! ::)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
the reason being is, that he run out of defence twice and kicked it 20 metres to the opposition, thats why.
And the free kicks he gave away to schulz were ordinary.
Plus, he keeps falling over, bad news if you dont keep your feet when playing in D50, as it usally results in the opposition having a shot at goal

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: May 29, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »
the reason being is, that he run out of defence twice and kicked it 20 metres to the opposition, thats why.
And the free kicks he gave away to schulz were ordinary.
Plus, he keeps falling over, bad news if you dont keep your feet when playing in D50, as it usally results in the opposition having a shot at goal
You'll have egg on your face again Jack. Thought you knew more about footy than you do. (not really sure why)
Rance will be a good player at this club for a long time. Stop embarasing yourself and move on!
And before you ask, yes i did watch the game last night, like i watch every game a couple of times a week.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:39:06 PM by big tone »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »

Spot on Infamy
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
Rance to shoulder more
By Paul Daffey
4:25 PM Mon 13 Jun, 2011

RICHMOND defender Alex Rance could never be accused of going in half-hearted. The 21-year-old puts his head down and bores in for the ball like few others in the competition.

It's a practice that brought him undone on one infamous occasion, when he clashed heads with Brisbane Lion Troy Selwood in round seven, 2009. Rance had to have plates and screws inserted into his cheekbone to repair three small cracks in his face.

Generally, however, his courage serves him well, and makes him a valuable player in the Richmond line-up.

Coach Damien Hardwick said Rance was "pretty good" in his performance on Sydney Swans captain Adam Goodes during the Swans' 10-point victory at the SCG on Sunday.

Hardwick was slightly reserved in his praise because Goodes played his part in the Swans' splurge early in the last quarter when they kicked four of their nine goals. It gave the Swans a four-goal buffer that was enough to get them home.

"He competes really well, Alex," Hardwick said. "He's still got a fair way to go, he still makes some blues, but I thought his competitive nature came out in the end.

"Goodesy, to his credit, when the game was there to be won, he was up and about. So it was probably a 50-50 game."

The possession count suggests a strong victory to Rance. He had 24 disposals (10 kicks and 14 handballs) to Goodes' 10, including only four to half-time.

Rance had nine contested possessions and laid six tackles.

But Goodes was a dangerous forward throughout. He took nine marks, including four inside 50. His tally of no goals and four behinds suggests a limited output, but the Tigers were always wary of his potential to influence the game, correctly as it turned out.

While Rance's application is never under question, his concentration sometimes wavers, as might be expected for a young defender making his way.

And sometimes he is simply too eager for his own good. In his desire to spoil Swans forward Sam Reid during Reid's purple patch in the second quarter, Rance tripped over himself and involuntarily pushed Reid in the back. Reid earned a free kick, which brought him only a behind.

Richmond lost two defenders on Sunday: Luke McGuane was withdrawn from the selected side (replaced by Jake Batchelor) while David Astbury dislocated his knee in the first quarter, ruling him out for the season.

Rance is going to have to play a prominent role in the depleted defence. You can be sure he'll be giving his all.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/116172/default.aspx