Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239698 times)

the claw

Re: Alex Rance.credit where it's due
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
The claw .you are correct .all I said that his effort has been spot on in difficult times
and i would agree i dont think anyone could question his effort.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »
Should be in the running to get the tag most improved player at the club for 2011.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »
oh dear another pedestal thread.another try hard player.
if he ever cuts out the 2 or 3 critical mistakes he makes every week i might jump on board. how anyone can rate this bloke defensively in the air is beyond me.
yes hes improved aspects of his game but the 100 dollar question is has he performed at his utmost  if so  when he drops off just a tad will what he offers up  be good enough.

Not everyone can be Chris Judd, some walk around and think they are.

Rance knows he's not yet still puts his head over the ball and puts in 100% effort. Even when we are uncompeteive across the ground.

Would be a hell of a lot easier to sit back and ride the year out bruise free, he'll be contracted next year and may even get an extention, no need to go hard, the year is over..

However he keeps putting in. Respect.
Go Tigers!

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2011, 11:12:19 PM »
Just remember the TBR mantra when the value is high and the player is a battler, trade, trade trade.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #409 on: July 26, 2011, 06:38:28 AM »
His attitude is very good. Always tries. Well done to him.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #410 on: July 26, 2011, 09:27:27 AM »
should be in the leadership group instead of a couple of pretenders who are in it.

tony_montana

« Reply #411 on: July 26, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »
if he ever cuts out the 2 or 3 critical mistakes he makes every week i might jump on board. how anyone can rate this bloke defensively in the air is beyond me.
yes hes improved aspects of his game but the 100 dollar question is has he performed at his utmost  if so  when he drops off just a tad will what he offers up  be good enough.

What about the average 4 or so certain goals he's been saving us each week with desperate last ditch lunges to get the fist in? They don't count do they? His cringe moments are getting less and less.

gerkin greg

« Reply #412 on: July 26, 2011, 02:28:24 PM »
His game against Jono Brown was the best i've seen anyone play on JB for a long, long, time

He's in the top handful of young KPD coming through in the comp, that's all you can ask for at this stage

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #413 on: July 26, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »

rance will be stronger in the air when he is the 3rd key back with grimes/astburyfb/chb

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #414 on: July 26, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »
I love the Dross.  :thumbsup

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #415 on: July 26, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »
Im a convert.

Well done, Rancey. I love your attitude and agree that you should be promoted to the leadership group.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #416 on: August 06, 2011, 10:18:31 PM »
Late wins on Tigers’ agenda
richmondfc.com.au
Sat 06 Aug, 2011

Richmond defender Alex Rance believes a rest over the bye weekend, and some solid training sessions, has the Tigers ready to take on West Coast at Paterson’s Stadium tomorrow.

The Tigers arrived in Perth yesterday, and had an hour-long training session at Paterson’s Stadium today.

“We’ve had a good lead up to the game, and trained really hard this week, so we’re looking forward to the match,” Rance said.

“It’s going to be a good test for a young side, to see who can step up.

“It’s about building on our game plan, perfecting that, and building into next year.  Obviously we want to win as many games as we can in the final five matches, and get as many games as we can into the younger boys.”

Rance said he was impressed by the Eagles’ rapid rise up the ladder this season, which indicates the evenness of the competition.

“They’ve been quite impressive, but they’re definitely not unbeatable, so we think we can match it with them,” he said.

The 21-year-old Western Australian has been a key component of a young Richmond defence this season, and will have a chance to develop further against the in-form Eagles tomorrow.

“This year has been a massive stepping stone for me, just getting a lot more comfortable in my own skin out there,” he said.

“I think I’ve made that full back spot my own, but I’m not pigeon-holing myself, and looking forward to trying new things.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/120354/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2011, 06:55:29 PM »
Gaspar backs Rance
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Tue 09 Aug, 2011

Former Richmond star full-back, Darren Gaspar, has sung the praises of young Tiger key defender Alex Rance.

Gaspar, who had a decorated career with the Tigers from 1996-07, playing 207 games, winning the Jack Dyer Medal in 2001, and earning All-Australian selection on two occasions, believes Rance has what it takes to develop into a valuable, long-term league defender.

“He really caught my eye in the game against Brisbane (Round 13) when he was playing on Jonathon Brown.  He did a great job that night, consistently beating Brown in the one-on-one contests,” Gaspar said.

“Then, on the weekend (against West Coast), in a side that was getting pretty well beaten all over the field, he was really competitive.

“It’s a tough gig playing in a key-defensive post in a young side which is still developing, but I thought he showed some very good signs, especially with his attack on the footy.  He’s also pretty fast, his ball use is good enough, and he’s courageous.

“So, he’s got all the attributes of a solid key defender, which is a real plus for Richmond because it’s so important to have someone capable of holding down a key defensive post.”

Rance, 21, has played 15 games with the Tigers this season to take his overall AFL games’ tally to 40, since making his debut in 2009.  He is averaging nearly 19 disposals per game this season in his full-back role.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/120599/default.aspx

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #419 on: August 10, 2011, 09:17:29 AM »
Rance is with our best half dozen or so now

more vital structure wise over vickery. Leadership group 2012