Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239165 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RANCE
« Reply #870 on: April 20, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »
I TOLD YOU SO

PATHETIC

Yeah, let's focus on the player who had the task of stopping him and not acknowledge how most teams beat Cloke - with support from fellow backmen.  Rance was horribly outmatched and should not have been the first choice for Cloke but he was hung out to dry by his team mates today and was only part of the reason Cloke tore us a new one.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #871 on: April 20, 2013, 07:28:30 PM »
because I was at the hospital today and didnt see the game can someone please tell me why when Cloke was pulling Rances shorts down, we didnt the coach move say Chaplin onto Cloke? Didnt we get Chaplin to play on the bigger forwards anyway?

He did but after about 10 minutes Chaplin got a knock from Knights that put him out of the game.  Rance went back to him and history repeated itself.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #872 on: April 20, 2013, 07:33:37 PM »
'Escape goating' at its finest. Our midfield was cut to pieces and Cloke was the big beneficiary of this.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #873 on: April 20, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »
The lack of support by fellow team mates was a disgrace today.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #874 on: April 20, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »
claw understands... those of u who don't are muppets

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #875 on: April 20, 2013, 07:53:29 PM »
claw understands... those of u who don't are muppets

FFS get off your soap box, you have rambled on about Rance since the stuffing siren went!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #876 on: April 20, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »
The WHOLE side played badly.

1. Always a step behind the pies
2. Didn't equal or better the pies intensity at any stage (brings about number 1)
3. Out classed everywhere.

Just on Rance. He has improved this year with the acquisition of Troy Chaplin, he appears more settled. The Pies isolated him today and he was monstered by Cloke. We can argue that he could have and should have done better and we would all be right but let us not forget the lack of intensity and pressure of the other 21 players on the Field today which really lead to our demise.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #877 on: April 20, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
Ranceeeee outclassed today! He has improved and will learn from this. Why didn't we have Griffo in the side today, to help out?????????
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: RANCE
« Reply #878 on: April 20, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
  Rance was horribly outmatched and should not have been the first choice for Cloke but he was hung out to dry by his team mates today and was only part of the reason Cloke tore us a new one.

Think you'll find that Rance was first choice today because he put his hand up for the gig, well that's what we got told pre-match  ;D

Thought he started Ok but by late in the first you could see where it was heading. I will admit I was surprised that he lasted as long as he did, personally would have switched Grimes on him

But then we would have had no one to take their small forwards who cut us to ribbons to.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #879 on: April 20, 2013, 08:42:51 PM »
we didn't have griff in the side today because in the games he played this year he looked as out of place as i would in a swimsuit competition.

I know i've said it before, but there comes a time in the contest when you have to concentrate on the ball and simply back yourself to beat your opponent.

Of bigger backmen seem to spend too much time concentrating on their opponent, who are actually watching the ball and positioning themselves appropriately, and thus find themselves out of position too often,

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #880 on: April 20, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
we didn't have griff in the side today because in the games he played this year he looked as out of place as i would in a swimsuit competition.

I know i've said it before, but there comes a time in the contest when you have to concentrate on the ball and simply back yourself to beat your opponent.

Of bigger backmen seem to spend too much time concentrating on their opponent, who are actually watching the ball and positioning themselves appropriately, and thus find themselves out of position too often,

Would you be wearing a mankini ?

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #881 on: April 20, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »

[/quote]

Good call Al,
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #882 on: April 20, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »

been there, done that. not a pretty sight.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #883 on: April 20, 2013, 09:37:23 PM »

been there, done that. not a pretty sight.

It was the stick of celery that tipped the scales.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #884 on: April 20, 2013, 09:39:19 PM »
It's no secret Rance is one of my favorites but today he was well beaten. But playing in the AFL, that's going to happen from time to time. Even the really great backman get beaten at times.  He has more runs on the board than most, so maybe we might just keep him for now.  :cheers

But is it just me or is Dimma to pigheaded to make a move? It's like he does his match ups during the week and that's all that goes. He has done it time and time again.
Rance was well beaten today but so was Hardwick IMO

One last thing, now I was at the game today and haven't seen the replay but it looked to me that the coaching panel (Hardwick) did sweet FA to stop their run in the third quarter.. Good sides and coaches don't let that happen.. Same thing happened in the same game in the same quarter last year. Just saying!