Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 204680 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #2175 on: June 29, 2018, 09:56:01 AM »
He got 2 from 50's (50 after an initial hideous fk) didn't he? Plus that heinous free for in the back in the first.

Good contest but I'd be giving our man the chocolates
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2176 on: June 29, 2018, 12:30:17 PM »
Why Pearce was so impressed with Rance’s game v Swans

By SEN
29 June 2018

Melbourne AFL Women's captain Daisy Pearce has explained why she loved Alex Rance’s performance against Sydney last night.

Despite Swans spearhead Lance Franklin kicking four goals, Pearce thinks the Richmond defender still had a big impact in the result, praising his ability to mentally stay in the game.

“Alex Rance was still very influential,” she told SEN Breakfast.

“Some of his smothers and come forwards to defend were so impressive. The one on Gary Rohan was outstanding.

“Do you know what I love about Rance, that free kick early in the game, it’s not there, you play a very physical game style.

“The fortitude he shows to not let that get into his brain and worry about it.

“He would have had a head full of worries as it is playing on one of the best players in the competition hands full, then you get a free kick like that, to be able to re-group, keep playing your own game and not let it change what you do was pretty impressive.”

Rance had 13 disposals and eight intercepts in the victory.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/28/why-pearce-was-so-impressed-with-rance's-game-v-swans/

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2177 on: June 29, 2018, 01:31:35 PM »

By SEN
29 June 2018

Melbourne AFL Women's captain Daisy Pearce has explained why she loved Alex Rance’s performance against Sydney last night.

Despite Swans spearhead Lance Franklin kicking four goals, Pearce thinks the Richmond defender still had a big impact in the result, praising his ability to mentally stay in the game.

“Some of his smothers and come forwards to defend were so impressive. The one on Gary Rohan was outstanding.

“Do you know what I love about Rance, that free kick early in the game, it’s not there, you play a very physical game style.

“He would have had a head full of worries as it is playing on one of the best players in the competition hands full, then you get a free kick like that, to be able to re-group, keep playing your own game and not let it change what you do was pretty impressive.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/28/why-pearce-was-so-impressed-with-rance's-game-v-swans/

Honestly this chick has a football brain far superior to most so called male ex player/ experts. Kudos to her and another gun from East Malvern Knights! ( Jack Higgins also )

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2178 on: June 29, 2018, 01:34:09 PM »

By SEN
29 June 2018

Honestly this chick has a football brain far superior to most so called male ex player/ experts. Kudos to her and another gun from East Malvern Knights! ( Jack Higgins also )
yes her footy brain is very large thus the huge forehead.  :lol

I do like what she has to say most times though. Very insightful.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2179 on: June 29, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »
I actually think she does an epic job as the boundary rider. She doesn't use catch phrases and cliches and flavour of the week slogans. It's no surprise she's a marquee player for the AFLW. Her post match interviews are good also. Better than the crap on fox footy (David King being the worst offender)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2180 on: June 29, 2018, 06:13:36 PM »
He kicked 1 goal on Rance and was gifted the other 3. They were not frees for in the back and that 50 was ridiculous. The other goal he scored from the boundary at 50 was a great kick but he should have never had the chance to kick the goal. Rance got the biggest block of the year when Buddy was on the lead...the umps missed it :gobdrop

Lebowski

« Reply #2181 on: June 29, 2018, 06:45:45 PM »
He kicked 1 goal on Rance and was gifted the other 3. They were not frees for in the back and that 50 was ridiculous. The other goal he scored from the boundary at 50 was a great kick but he should have never had the chance to kick the goal. Rance got the biggest block of the year when Buddy was on the lead...the umps missed it :gobdrop

bang on  :clapping

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2182 on: June 29, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »

Yes. x2.
Robbed three goals by the umpires that had no idea on the night. Since when has that ever been judged in the back?  Are you apparently allowed to shirtfront block a player form contesting the ball as long as your 15 metres from the play?
Bloody ridiculous! 

I also blame the channel 7 telecast and stupid commentary that didn’t even discuss this at length.  :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2183 on: June 29, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »
Rance was making Buddy look stupid, Buddies umpire husband didn't like it.
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #2184 on: June 29, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »

Yes. x2.
Robbed three goals by the umpires that had no idea on the night. Since when has that ever been judged in the back?  Are you apparently allowed to shirtfront block a player form contesting the ball as long as your 15 metres from the play?
Bloody ridiculous! 

I also blame the channel 7 telecast and stupid commentary that didn’t even discuss this at length.  :banghead

The commentary was putrid. Ling is excruciating. When Jones was holding Butler by the arm over the goal line and we actually got the free Ling was like “good umpiring, that was there”, suggesting it might have been questionable. Jones was holding him by the arm while he tried to pick the ball up ffs. It’s not good umpiring, it’s just the rules you goose.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #2185 on: June 30, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »
Kudos to Alex and Grigga today for their in store appearance.

Made my kids day when signing his book and naming him them future 'AA'. Awesome smile & hand boom.

Lebowski

« Reply #2186 on: July 01, 2018, 12:11:40 PM »
one of the hawks players yesterday after conceding a freeick to a giants player said to the ump  "he did a rance"...

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2187 on: July 01, 2018, 12:15:04 PM »
one of the hawks players yesterday after conceding a freeick to a giants player said to the ump  "he did a rance"...

Like a hawthorn player can talk.....

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2188 on: July 01, 2018, 12:29:44 PM »
"Almost a Rancey dive" is what Stratton said. LMAO. Alex has only himself to blame but he's no Robinson Crusoe when it comes to exaggerating to get a free.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #2189 on: July 01, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »
And no one else “does a Selwood” or “does a Shuey”?