Author Topic: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age  (Read 14782 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2008, 10:00:38 AM »
Where's the article "Gloomy outlook at .... (wherever Collingwood are based)".  They can't even win a practice game.

We're coming off a spoon, they were 5 points off playing in a Grand Final.

We don't have any respect, and we don't deserve any.
And Collingwood still haven't won a game this year.

Collingwood win the important season games we dont
they win the hard games there not meant to win against top clubs
They lose to a weak club like us every year nearly
They play finals at the end of the season which our finals is finishing 9th & back to wooden spoon
no club even goes out to give 100% in practices games they mean nothing there trial runs Hence the word Practice
why you think all clubs are fielding half strength sides in Nab cup games
& l beleive Richmond is saving itself from injuries so they can go into the main season with better result on the season
we wont play finals for some years we are far off it when you cant tag Del Santo in a game he dominates you got nothing to look forward too

Ox

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
This is my take on things.

In any world we should have beaten a 1/2 strength st kilda.

Not sure if you noticed Ox but a St Kilda side very similar to the one that beat us also just beat last years Premiers. Therefore going by your rationale, The Cats are destined to be at the bottom with us???. Carlton winning last year!! FLMFAOOOOOOOOOOO Says it all!! Come round one I'm sure you will see a very different tiger side to what we saw against the Saints. I watched Carlton against the Hawks and they are complete rabble!!

LMAO
i doubt it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 01:44:57 PM »
Where's the article "Gloomy outlook at .... (wherever Collingwood are based)".  They can't even win a practice game.

They play finals at the end of the season which our finals is finishing 9th & back to wooden spoon

They've only won one important season game in the past 50 years  ;D  ;).

Seriously though, for all the premiership talk this year based on that one PF loss, the Pies still finished the H/A season with a 13-9 record with a low percentage for a finalist of 101%. Hardly premiership material.  Sure they finished miles ahead of us on the ladder but given the cushy draw they get every year they are overrated and they lack the class needed to win a flag. Only Didak, Pendlebury and perhaps Thomas are their classy players. Most Magpies are hardworking plodders. Their best 22 was also a mature side too. Only 5 players in that PF were U23. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2008, 02:01:56 PM »
hers my view. the pies are extremely well coached.
yes okay one flag in 50 years but they try when there on the field. run, chase tackle to the ground and every year but 1 in every 10 they dont make the finals. well woopty do do

they r a tough unit and it kills me to say it but i love the way they go about their business and with the talent they have, or dont have its even more surprising.

so comes to one thing. coach and support staff. they dont accept failure like we do at Punt Road.

im telling u know if we play like they did last year we will make the finals but we wont we have no skill and no ticker.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2008, 03:15:44 PM »

they r a tough unit and it kills me to say it but i love the way they go about their business and with the talent they have, or dont have its even more surprising.

We smashed them late last year.

The pies are ok but vulnerable IMO. Could slide big time this year..

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »

i know we smashed them, we always do.
all i wish is that we played similar to them. never give up attitude.
we have always been a weak side i dont know where we went wrong in that area.
most side exert a little pressure and we come crumbling down.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Little Jackie

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »
On what basis ??

Watch and take notes.
The kid will finish top 5 in our B&F this year Jackstar Onassis.

Watch and take notes, a classic post i reckon, seeing thats what i have done for the past 5 years. lol ::) ::) ::) ::)

Little Jackie

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2008, 04:22:20 PM »
Don't want to sound to negative but....

Our skills are disgraceful

Overuse of handball

Shocking decision making

Gameplan???

This is a good example of why there shouldn't be 18 teams.

Lets kick around the boundary all night.

Surely we're not tanking already?

Embarassing

We are quite simply a VFL standard team.
Terrible terrible skills and decision making.

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20113&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Karen Lyon must be busy at the moment to write the "Gloomy outlook on Royal Parade horizon" article  :whistle

Has MT changed his views ??? Or just taking the pee out of posters here ???

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »

::) ::) ::) ::)

You'll see Jackie Chan, you'll see..

Tambling will make those eyes of yours roll into the back of your head. :lol

Little Jackie

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »

::) ::) ::) ::)

You'll see Jackie Chan, you'll see..

Tambling will make those eyes of yours roll into the back of your head. :lol

I hope he does.
problem is that he hasnt been developed by the cub and his game hasnt improved to the extent that it should have .

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2008, 05:44:01 PM »
Don't want to sound to negative but....

Our skills are disgraceful

Overuse of handball

Shocking decision making

Gameplan???

This is a good example of why there shouldn't be 18 teams.

Lets kick around the boundary all night.

Surely we're not tanking already?

Embarassing

We are quite simply a VFL standard team.
Terrible terrible skills and decision making.

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20113&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Karen Lyon must be busy at the moment to write the "Gloomy outlook on Royal Parade horizon" article  :whistle

Has MT changed his views ??? Or just taking the pee out of posters here ???
Did you miss the link at the bottom of that post Jack?  ;) It's from a Blues fan on one of their forums about the Hawks game. Sounds familar lol.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2008, 06:06:10 PM »

We'll see how the Pies go this year with only 12 players in that 22-27 prime age group (another six 28+ y.o.) and looking in from the outside light on for leadership now that Buckley and Clement have retired. I agree with Magic. A few injuries to key players and they could slide big time.

Tigermonk

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »

They've only won one important season game in the past 50 years  ;D  ;).

Seriously though, for all the premiership talk this year based on that one PF loss, the Pies still finished the H/A season with a 13-9 record with a low percentage for a finalist of 101%. Hardly premiership material.  Sure they finished miles ahead of us on the ladder but given the cushy draw they get every year they are overrated and they lack the class needed to win a flag. Only Didak, Pendlebury and perhaps Thomas are their classy players. Most Magpies are hardworking plodders. Their best 22 was also a mature side too. Only 5 players in that PF were U23. 

Collingwood has pooh on Richmond as a club & acheivements since we won our last grand final
Collingwood clearly outclasses us on overall acheivements over its history
Collingwood clearly out perform us as a club & get the big games they want because they are managed very well & market well everyone wants to play for them but Richmond cant attract big name players
There coached better than us & thier kids Thomas & Pendlebury have come on far quicker & are more exciting to watch than our Deledio & Tambling
They had many injuries last year on many high profile players & yet still manage to play finals which means there kids are stepping up while we use the excuse of we playing kids were rebuilding bla bla bla same old lame excuses
if they didnot go into that Prem final with injuries they would have gotten over Geelong & won last years premiership thank god they didnot win
They also made us look very stupid last year after being in a winning position last year to crumble like we always do & yes we won the next time round but we got the spoon remember so that gives us NO BRAGGING RIGHTS
We simply got 1 game wonders playing for us who cant string several good games together let alone win any of them & our youngsters are so under developed AFTER ARRIVING AT TIGERLAND it stands out if anyone cant see that they know pooh about the development of football
so when you try to defend Richmond as a acheived club against Collingwood you need to read some VFL/AFL history there miles in front of us

& to top it all off the wooden spoons are flying into our cabinets much quicker than Collingwood so read into that  :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »

We'll see how the Pies go this year with only 12 players in that 22-27 prime age group (another six 28+ y.o.) and looking in from the outside light on for leadership now that Buckley and Clement have retired. I agree with Magic. A few injuries to key players and they could slide big time.

l would put 5k on it that they finish in the 8 & play finals with there list & l would expect we finish at least 11th

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2008, 11:12:15 AM »
& thier kids Thomas & Pendlebury have come on far quicker & are more exciting to watch than our Deledio & Tambling

BOOM - Just blew yourself out of the water right there - Why don't you go watch them instead then.