Author Topic: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age  (Read 14682 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2008, 05:10:42 PM »
There is no worse feeling in footy than losing a GF. Ask Tommy Hafey. And you walk away from the year no different to 14 other clubs - no premiership.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »
why ask Tommy Hafey
l played in many losing Grand Finals l know the feeling but dont go off the fact Collingwood are a better performed club than the toothless tiger l dont know why you mention 1930 its got nothing to do with it

« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2008, 05:24:56 PM »

Game over

MT wins

:cheers

mt wins nothing equal years they are far more superior club your blind dh

Everything is relative.

My wife is the best woman I have had in the sack for the last 30 years.

Mind she is the only one I have had...

The scum are so bad in so many ways the whole discussion is pointless.

:thumbsup

Little Jackie

« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2008, 06:17:19 PM »

Game over

MT wins

Everything is relative.

Whats wrong 65, variety is the spice of life!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »
it sure is!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2008, 06:34:22 PM »
I can't understand what all the fuss is about. Collingwood in the last 50 years are 20% of the club we are . 1 flag in 1958 to our 5. Its all about winning grand finals not about finishing second third fourth etc. That is the problem with people at Collingwood they talk about the four flags between 27-30 but they also talk about Wayne Harmes in 79 the drawn grannie in 77 the Carlscum comeback in 70 Dees in 64 Saints in 66 KB going bezerk in 80 Vossie in 2002 or Royce coming off the bench injured in the 73 prelim because all these hard luck stories add to the mystique and hardluck of their mediocre football club and they talk these things up as they didn't deserve such things to befall them and they had some sort of God given right to win these matches, hence their appeal to many of the masses who support them because glorified failure is all they can deal with and glorified mediocrity is how they present it to people who can't learn "reality" any better. That is what their good at look at the issue with we'll never change our guernsey when we play Port. Its not that they can't but taking a stance like that and using terms like "our tradition, our members our supporters" galvanises these morons into thinking they are doing it for them when really they are stooping to the lowest common denominator who do not have the perception to see through all this transperancy .
Darren Millane again a sad end but glorifying his life and retiring his guernsey to conceal the fact he was a rogue and a drink driver and a thief of a bus and a trouble maker in the nightclub. Galvanise the nuff nuffs.
When West Coast were top of the tree in 1991 the club most vehement to not playing finals away from Vic were the Skunks yet they didn't make the finals. No progression there all talk no bark. Yet they pride themselves on progression and moving into the 21st century with Lexus centres and hiring 737's yet they can't have an alternate footy jumper. Pies fans have no idea they are getting sucked in, in a worse way than those that invested in Enron as they get close to the top without getting there. Look at the stats 1 flag in 50 years. They are on par with the Saints and the Dogs if we add four years to that.
According to some posters here Pies are more successful than us b/c they have played more finals series than us in the last 25 years when all they have is one flag to show for it in the last 50. Surely not. Its not just premierships but its the way you also sell your club. We at least win flags more often than not when we get there just like the red and black maggots and the Lying Cheating Navy Blue Scumbuckets. Pies just aren't in our league in the modern era. All they have is a large supporter base and a loud mouth commitee board who advertise it to suck more nuffs nuffs in and use that as a bargaining tool come fixtures and other allocations as well.
Oh yes and If I have not reiterated before Since 1958
Richmond 5 Premierships
Skunks 1 Premiership and even that was mediocre as Essendon did not play for 3 weeks as Sumich couldn't kick a goal from 15 metres out and hence only forced a replay which left Essendon cold underprepared and not match fit. You want to take it further they still have not won a flag in September since 1958. I bet the same Pies fans that cry foul of the grannies they lost in "extrenuating circumstances" aren't complaining about the "extrenuating circumstances " that got them a flag. Come on people they are like a placid german shepherd dog. Look intimidating but lack bite.
Need I go on?
Richmond  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Collingwood.  :thumbsup :clapping
Nuff said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #111 on: February 29, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »
Brilliant post HT74  :bow  :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2008, 06:45:51 PM »
l dont know why you mention 1930 its got nothing to do with it
The 1930s was the last time the Pies were a true power on-field. They've basically done sweet bugger all since.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: February 29, 2008, 06:48:10 PM »
my hatred for the pies doesnt even compare to my hatred for the blues. doesnt even come close.

yes mt its all about winning flags your right there, but all is im saying is u cant deny the fact the pies play to win and are hard at the ball at all costs. the same cant be said about the tigers.

why cant we play with that tenacity every week.
u cant deny its all about player development, and im affriad to say thats our biggest downfall since 1983

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: February 29, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »
Brilliant post HT74  :bow  :clapping
I'll second that.   :clapping  Well done HT - you nailed the demographic of their supporter base (might explain something about the few suspects on here who are trying to expound the virtues of that club)!  How anyone can call themselves a Richmond supporter and then try and sell the Collingwood story is beyond me.  :o

« Reply #115 on: February 29, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »

Game over

MT wins

Everything is relative.

Whats wrong 65, variety is the spice of life!

Life is all about loyalty.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: February 29, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »
Life is all about loyalty.

In relationships AND football clubs.

Tigermonk

« Reply #117 on: February 29, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »
lmfao wankers

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #118 on: February 29, 2008, 09:51:33 PM »
Too much talk has been devoted to Collingwood - let's stick to the Tigers.

Tigermonk

« Reply #119 on: February 29, 2008, 10:34:53 PM »
Very True enough of the skunks
you cant argue over the facts of the 100 year league stats clearly shows the better team is the Skunks  ;D