Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton match thread [merged]  (Read 12370 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Richmond vs Carlton match thread [merged]
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2008, 11:15:24 AM »
this game needs to be moved to Good Friday. Richmond v Carlton needs to become an annual blockbuster on Good Friday.

Give the hospital $1 per admission ticket and allow fundraising outside the game and make it part of the whole day.

This would be a spectacular annual event.

:thumbsup Yep Good Friday is booooring  :gotigers

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2008, 11:43:38 AM »
this game needs to be moved to Good Friday. Richmond v Carlton needs to become an annual blockbuster on Good Friday.

Give the hospital $1 per admission ticket and allow fundraising outside the game and make it part of the whole day.

This would be a spectacular annual event.

That is such a good idea   :thumbsup - send it to the club, send it to the AFL. Particularly linking it to the Good Friday Appeal - they could even add a dollar to the price but with collections allowed outside and all the members not having to pay it maybe they wouldn't need it.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »
mjs, u obv were blinking when blingers was hard at it and getting a quickfire release from a conjested pack. tambling s an inside player with great skills. showed alot more last night than deledio and gibbs

Read my post again in case you didn't read it properly the first time.

'Tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Ramps

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2008, 11:53:55 AM »
Richmond v Carlton - Good Friday & Richmond v Essendon - Dreamtime
should be the 2 big games for us during the season

Tigermonk

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »
I have to agree to MT on Blingers, i have given this kid all the time in the world and havent bagged him. But up until half time last night he was a disgrace and looked scared and out of place.

He must have been given a rocket at half time as he turned it around.

Also what was with some of our kicking out from full back??

kicking to players like Tambling and Howat in contested situations was a disgrace.

Polak, Simmonds, Patto, Cleve, Shultz should be the targets surely.

The incident before half time where Blingers went ""half hearted"" when Thornton marked inside 50 was a disgrace. All he had to do was put his body on the line and put his fist in the air.
His efforts in the second half showed he can play.
Needs to show some consistency from now on,

seen him give up on the wing the ball went across ground & he was jogging it made me mad

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2008, 01:38:56 PM »
A Good win against an undermanned Carlton who were missing some very decent players. A wins a win however and our Membership campaign for 2008 has been saved. I didnt take notes just doing this from memory of the game.

Jake King- Excellent after initial error, guts, spirit, competitive. 8/10
Will Thursfield- Good Job tonight considering the Carlton capability to deliver inside 50 to key fwds- 7/10
Joel Bowden- Average, first half poor, second half better - 5/10
Chris Newman- Average, I expect better from Chris- 5/10
Graham Polak- Below Average Performance for mine, Needs to do more 4/10
Kelvin Moore- Good performance from Kelvin I thought 6/10
Richard Tambling- Showing signs, showing abit of hardness at the contest, good in 2nd half - 6/10
Shane Tuck- Very Good tonight I thought, Didnt turn it over as much from what I saw - 7/10
Andrew Raines- Ok performace, still wants to be a he man, didnt cost us this time - 6/10
Kayne Pettifer- Average performance from Kayne, can play alot better - 5/10
Matthew Richardson- Richo is Richo - 7/10. A Good Performance.
Jordan McMahon- Poor in the first half, better in the 2nd, Average overall 5/10
Brett Deledio- Below Average tonight, 2 goals gets him a 5/10, If he hadnt kicked 2 Id give him a fail.
Jay Schulz- Tried very hard but it was Average Performance for mine, 5/10
Nathan Brown- Excellent when he went onto the ball. A Class Player, can do more though - 7/10
Troy Simmonds- Battled hard, Carlton had very average Rucks - 5/10
Kane Johnson- Was Good tonight- 6/10
Nathan Foley- Another Very Good Performance from RFC's No 1 midfielder 7/10
Daniel Jackson- I thought Dan did Ok tonight, showed enourmous courage on occassions 6/10
Cleve Hughes- One great effort, seems to have lost some mobility needs to play games. Needs time.
Adam Pattison- Ok performace- 5/10
Cam Howat- I thought he went ok, got lots of it but I prefer others in the role 6/10 for what he produces

Pretty much sums up what I thought but I just have one query on the likes of McMahon.
1st half things were not going our way and virtually all his stats went straight to the opposition, yet in the second half his disposal was better especially when the team were controlling the tempo of the game and Carlscums sorry smelly carcas was on the canvas. I fear he may be merely a passenger. Happy to be on board when things are going good nowhere where things aren't. Anyway a great win nonetheless and so so so so so so satisfying against the lying cheating scum.

Ox

« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
If a player is underdone but picked,he SHOULD be a more physical player on the day
to make up for being poo.
It's all they have @ the time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2008, 04:22:17 PM »
I have to agree to MT on Blingers, i have given this kid all the time in the world and havent bagged him. But up until half time last night he was a disgrace and looked scared and out of place.

He must have been given a rocket at half time as he turned it around.

kicking to players like Tambling and Howat in contested situations was a disgrace.

The incident before half time where Blingers went ""half hearted"" when Thornton marked inside 50 was a disgrace. All he had to do was put his body on the line and put his fist in the air.
His efforts in the second half showed he can play.
Needs to show some consistency from now on,

agree Jackstar, really disappointed with that effort.
Yep that was one incident I was critical of Blingers in the first half. Another was a half-hearted attempt at a tackle where the Carlton slid through him like butter. Very soft. Mind you he had a few mates in that second quarter. I was going how could anyone coach these bunch of softies but they all totally turned it around for a gutsy win. Yep Plough must have torn shreads off Tambo at half-time because as RROFO said Blingers was a completely different play after half-time and as X said he showed a lot of courage.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »

We just don't use the new rule of playing on immediately. It must be deliberate because we are either No. 1 or 2 at going coast to coast to score so there's method to the madness. The problem I had with it last night was we struggled with kicking out long from full back. There were teammates free but we just took too long to see them (look long to your left ppl :-\ ) and with the breeze the ball just floated in the air and we got picked off a few times especially in the first half. Spotted up more in the second half (foot skills were decent) and we used handball receives to switch the play to work our way out and rebound quickly .

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
did we win by 30 or 31 points ???

something about an extra point ???

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2008, 05:11:31 PM »
did we win by 30 or 31 points ???

something about an extra point ???

Late in the second quarter Cleve Hughes marked at about 70 ran into abt 50 and kicked out on the full. The scoreboard awarded a point even though the goal umpire and boundary umpire signalled out on the full and a subsequent fee kick went to Carlton. Hence the discrepancy by one point.

Half time score should have been  Carlscum 9 6 60  Richmond 8 5 53
3 quarter time 11 5 71 to 10 10 70 to us.
Full time 17 7 109 to 11 13 79.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2008, 07:11:42 PM »
i thought blingers was very gutsy, took a veru gutsy mark with richo running straight at him a 220km/h

Agree X - I thought that mark was a gem. Ditto in the final quarter in the forward pocket when he went in hard, head over the ball and got that free - would have been so easy to not bother with the scoreline. Was very happy with that

Also super impressed with the Cleve Hughes mark with him running with the flight of the ball - super effort, pity about the kick :clapping

Was very happy with the Captain's game - thought his defensive pressure in the centre clearances was telling.

Mark this in your diary folks was also impressed with one C Newman  :whistle  ;D

Actually thought it was the hardest we've been at the footy for a long time

Must make mention of the umpires - great to see they've picked up from where they left off. Always must protect the players head they say yeah right....

.. blah blah....

... could have sworn Richo nearly had his knocked into the great southern stand and what did the umpire do .....

Flapped them arms like always and said play on .... great effort that :nope :nope
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »
Mark this in your diary folks was also impressed with one C Newman  :whistle  ;D
:gobdrop

We have a new member to the Chris Newman fan club  :lol.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2008, 08:26:22 AM »
I think most on here are not getting carried away with that win - which is wise.

Only two I slightly disagree with

Tambling 6/10 - you are kind
McMahon 5/10 - you are a bit hard

When you see Deledio, Brown, Judd (super talent) Murphy and Gibbs get a touch you immediately see the class - I just don't see that with Tambling.

mjs, i read your post again, so tell me wiseguy what did i miss
and i must have missed something in gibbs, u have mentioned him in a sentance alonside, judd, brown,deledio, murphy etc, but i have yet to seeany class from this kid. all i see and here is commentators say he is class and will be class. to me he looks like he plays scared!

well i have seen lots of class in tambling, seen more class in him than in gibbs thats for sure, and i have yet to see murphy smash the eagles and kick 4 goals in 1 quarter, i have never seen murphy use his afterburners either the way blingers does.

so tell me what did i miss

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »
What you are missing is that my comment about the obvious class of the players I mentioned had nothing to do with their games on Thursday - there is no point in telling me that Deledio and Gibbs didn't do much on the night - I didn't say they did.