Author Topic: Terry Wallace: Tiger forever (AFL)  (Read 11463 times)

Little Jackie

Re: Terry Wallace: Tiger forever (AFL)
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
now its that simple enough for some posters on this website to realise whats actually wrong at Punt Road or not ?

Why is this so important to you?

As people think we are travelling ok and on the improve :o

richmondrules

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2008, 02:50:41 PM »
now its that simple enough for some posters on this website to realise whats actually wrong at Punt Road or not ?

No, that's not what I am asking. Why do you care what other people think? So some people have a less negative view of the team and its progress. So what? Its not hurting anyone.

Little Jackie

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2008, 03:09:15 PM »

No, that's not what I am asking. Why do you care what other people think? So some people have a less negative view of the team and its progress. So what? Its not hurting anyone.

Good point actually, it isnt hurting anyone :thumbsup
This thread is named Terry a Tiger forever, you can only hope not.
My opinion is that we havent improved and wont improve under Terry Wallace.!

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2008, 04:07:27 PM »

Most people involved with the game will tell you he can coach.

He's just not getting the best out of the currrent list like he did with the dogs. You may recall he exceeded expectations with the bullies with a very average list. Player recruitment when he was there wasnt too bad either.

He thought he could do the same with us but he underestimated our players. He's been let down badly by the likes of Tuck and Prettifer who played well in his first season and then went back to being all that they are; average players.

He started to get ruthless with the senior players way too late to justify his 5 year contract. So I'm sure we'll see a lot more urgency from him in the next couple of monts, because Miller's no longer in a position to protect him.

Little Jackie

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2008, 04:24:03 PM »

Most people involved with the game will tell you he can coach.

He's just not getting the best out of the currrent list like he did with the dogs. You may recall he exceeded expectations with the bullies with a very average list. Player recruitment when he was there wasnt too bad either.

He thought he could do the same with us but he underestimated our players. He's been let down badly by the likes of Tuck and Prettifer who played well in his first season and then went back to being all that they are; average players.

He started to get ruthless with the senior players way too late to justify his 5 year contract. So I'm sure we'll see a lot more urgency from him in the next couple of monts, because Miller's no longer in a position to protect him.

Most people I know who are involved with other clubs say he cant coach.

Tigermonk

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2008, 06:54:31 PM »
l dont know why Sunbaked Terry Wallet dont have his side man up there opponant inside the forward 50
The forward line dont know that defending the forward 50 is just as important as defending the goal 50
when we score a point the opposing team smacks the ball out of their backline quickly,  where RFC we hold up the game so the opposition can race back maning us up,  block us inside & we take 20 posessions to just get it to the centre before apple turnover or Raines has a brain freeze with McMahon  :lol or lately Bowden  ??? l dont know wtf his doing  ??? like his fatigued when kicking his gone back to chip kicking which deserves the sack

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2008, 12:21:07 AM »
Oh great! This topic that was a bit of fireball last year is back again!

Jackstar is right about the discussions and meetings that have taken place behind the scenes regarding financial injections into the club that have stringent conditions behind them regarding the key personel at the club at all levels.

Whether it happens mid season or the end or even next year remains in the hands of these people.

I feel that we should all focus on the club on field performances each week and not get into more of the silly feuding that took place in this forum last year. :)

i would have thought it remains in the hands of the board?
not some behind the scene power brokers.
when there is supposedly money involved they always have strings attached which untimately causes angst and friction with in a club like the RFC with its volitile history.
lets hope they have a reputable CEO lined up. :shh

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2008, 02:29:25 PM »
That was Terry Wallace's worst coaching performance since he has been at the club.
Laidley had him playing catch up all day.
Didn't have a gameplan to win.
Poor match ups. Poor positional moves.
Couldn't get the players state of mind right on the back of Sugar's indescretion last week.
In fact it had me wondering if we had improved at all from last season.

The heat is back on Terry again and he'll have to oversee this team having a vastly improved performance against the Pies.
Exactly.  Coaches are just like players and umpires - they all have good days and bad.  Wallace beat Ratten hands down in R1, Knights beat Laidley hands down in R1, Laidley beat Wallace hands down in R2.  Sometimes they have minimal impact, sometimes they win or lose the game, and yesterday Wallace got absolutely thumped in the coaching stakes.  Doesn't mean he can't or won't outcoach Malthouse in R3 and win the game.