Author Topic: Terry Wallace: Tiger forever (AFL)  (Read 11709 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Terry Wallace: Tiger forever (AFL)
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »
Cannot have Deledio and Brown playing in the fwd line when we are getting smashed in the clearances and the ball is spasmodically going into the fwd line.
Deledio move to the midfield was done 2 quarters to late well after the damage was done and a 46 point margin at 3 qt time was too much to overcome. Just was outcoached and out thought by a team who although not much better skilled than us.
Overall if he had coached us better we may have been a chance to win yet his delayed moves and lack of a plan B sold us short. Should have thrown Kingy up fed 20 mins into the 1st quarter and had Moore on Jones. Just try something Terry.
Just hope he does not start as he did in Rd 19 last yr with Lids in the fwd line and Polak at CHF next week as the Pies will be ready for that and we might be embarassed and chasing the game from early on.

Little Jackie

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2008, 09:14:06 PM »
Told you all before, he cant coach. :banghead :banghead :banghead
Lids went to half back before going onto the ball

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
Lots of good posts  :clapping

Loopy Crackers Keenan reckons in I.F. he's heard Wallace is on $800k a year (he also says he doesn't believe it) and that last week the "rumour mill" was saying a wealthy individual at Richmond would foot the bill to pay him out if he didn't do better this year. By winning Plough's kept the wolves from the door and a few more wins will have everyone smiling at Tigerland.
Why doesn't this so and so just donate the money towards facilities for the club if he wants to see improvement  ::)
Probably because this "wealthy individual" sounds like a figment of someone's imagination. How many times have we heard of some mysterious wealthy Richmond person bailing out the club over the years and yet nothing happens  :sleep.

Can tell you it is NOT a figment of someone,s imagination.
Why dont you going and ask Steve Wright next time you see him and ask him if he was approached by a ""group"" over pre-season :shh

really jackstar. :whistle..i know someones blowing it out their ass and it aint Steve Wright.

Crap post because the meeting did happen

really i think the info you have recieved was third hand at best. :lol
this is why certain people tell you things mate they know you cant kept your trap shut, even when it isnt half true. :clapping

Little Jackie

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2008, 09:29:40 PM »
You are nothing if not predictable Jack.  ::)

I was wondering how long it would take and what tack you would take....

Terrfic that you haven't let yourself down

I could go on and on and on.

Sadly you do go on and on about the same things over and over :banghead :banghead

You hate Terry Wallace - OK we go that ... don't think anyone missed it....

but would it be so hard for you to acknowledge once just once in this decade that some blame should actually be apportioned  to a few of the players for their half heareted efforts... NOPE because that would mean you couldn't bag Wallace...

As I said so preditable

I think the players only play how they are told.
Can also say the game plan is extremely poor and players are repeated played ""out of position"" Really Jordon McMahon as a ""hit up forward"" for half ::)please!
And when you have worked out where Joel is playing, you might want to tell him as well, as it looks like he is completely lost.
It not the players fault if the 2 marquee players( brown and Lids) played inside forward 50 when we are getting smashed in the centre clearances. ::)
WP, I think you can see that.
We overuse the ball something shocking at that is a coaches fault , not the players, some team have rules that are simple , one handball than kick. Us, we just handball into trouble, something that has happened for the past 3 years, Just ask poor Andrew Raines after today.
The interchange usuage today was appallling, why on eartth after 30 secs into a quarter you are doing multiple interchanges ::) Actaully set behind the interchange today and can tell the players had no idea on occcasions who they we picking up. At one stage we took 3 off at once :lol It was laughable as the opposition had 3 players unchecked at the one time
I dont hate Terry, i just dont think he can coach. He hasnt shown he can coach can he, Premierships ???? Can some tell me how many? The silence is deafening

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »
Oh great! This topic that was a bit of fireball last year is back again!

Jackstar is right about the discussions and meetings that have taken place behind the scenes regarding financial injections into the club that have stringent conditions behind them regarding the key personel at the club at all levels.

Whether it happens mid season or the end or even next year remains in the hands of these people.

I feel that we should all focus on the club on field performances each week and not get into more of the silly feuding that took place in this forum last year. :)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2008, 09:38:06 PM »
You are nothing if not predictable Jack.  ::)

I was wondering how long it would take and what tack you would take....

Terrfic that you haven't let yourself down

I could go on and on and on.

Sadly you do go on and on about the same things over and over :banghead :banghead

You hate Terry Wallace - OK we go that ... don't think anyone missed it....

but would it be so hard for you to acknowledge once just once in this decade that some blame should actually be apportioned  to a few of the players for their half heareted efforts... NOPE because that would mean you couldn't bag Wallace...

As I said so preditable

Can also say the game plan is extremely poor and players are repeated played ""out of position"" Really Jordon McMahon as a ""hit up forward"" for half ::)please!
And when you have worked out where Joel is playing, you might want to tell him as well, as it looks like he is completely lost.
It not the players fault if the 2 marquee players( brown and Lids) played inside forward 50 when we are getting smashed in the centre clearances. ::)
We overuse the ball something shocking at that is a coaches fault , not the players, some team have rules that are simple , one handball than kick. Us, we just handball into trouble, something that has happened for the past 3 years, Just ask poor Andrew Raines after today.
The interchange usuage today was appallling, why on eartth after 30 secs into a quarter you are doing multiple interchanges ::) Actaully set behind the interchange today and can tell the players had no idea on occcasions who they we picking up. At one stage we took 3 off at once :lol It was laughable as the opposition had 3 players unchecked at the one time
I dont hate Terry, i just dont think he can coach. He hasnt shown he can coach can he, Premierships ???? Can some tell me how many? The silence is deafening

banging on about JB and him not knowing what his position is doesnt excuse him for his pitiful skills today :rollin

Little Jackie

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2008, 09:38:16 PM »
Oh great! This topic that was a bit of fireball last year is back again!

Jackstar is right about the discussions and meetings that have taken place behind the scenes regarding financial injections into the club that have stringent conditions behind them regarding the key personel at the club at all levels.

Whether it happens mid season or the end or even next year remains in the hands of these people.

I feel that we should all focus on the club on field performances each week and not get into more of the silly feuding that took place in this forum last year. :)

Thank you.
Tell the other posters here as well Tigertailz

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »

Finally ...thank you Jack

That is a good response ... rather than just attacking Wallace for the sake of it you have given a balanced view and explanation...

don't agree with you on a number of points but will ackowledge the point's you have made

I didn't think Joel looked lost - I thought he looked disinterested .. he a few other senior blokes  

Thank you.
Tell the other posters here as well Tigertailz

Think Tigertailz just did :lol
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Little Jackie

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2008, 09:43:34 PM »
WP, you should know I have a balanced view, just havent got hours to explain them ,thats all ;)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2008, 10:00:26 PM »
Is it just me or does Bowden look and play disinterested when he doesnt have a big job, i.e. playing on a key forward?

He just seems to run around and do nothing. He needs to be given a responisibility otherwise he is useless.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2008, 10:00:35 PM »
its not deledios fault nor browns that the ball delivery inside 59 was shocking today

if deledio had of kickd 5 ot 6 goals today, even 4, every would be saying great coaching by terry

i listensd and watched on bigpond the entire post match press conference and was happy with terry except that he said the umpiring was spot on, but i reckon he was being sarcastic and avoiding a fine

its round 2, we are 1/1 and terry said he will make changes if players dont respect their spot and jumper

this is what i want to hear and i hope he sticks to it

he implied he will make many changes if players show repeat poor performances over a period not just some games

lets hope we see the backs of some payers who have not respected their spot and jumper

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2008, 10:01:40 PM »
Is it just me or does Bowden look and play disinterested when he doesnt have a big job, i.e. playing on a key forward?

He just seems to run around and do nothing. He needs to be given a responisibility otherwise he is useless.

bowden worries too much about the poor and homeless and not his football

better change his attitude quick smart

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2008, 10:02:01 PM »

Disinterested is a very good word TFL.. today that's how he looked
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Little Jackie

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2008, 10:05:44 PM »

Disinterested is a very good word TFL.. today that's how he looked

He doesnt understand his role , either do I actually ::)

Moi

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
Players seem to get away with a lot after losses, especially at Richmond  ::)
They play like duds until a coach gets the sack, then they miraculously start playing well for a new coach
A year or two down the track, the same cycle of lazy good for nothingness starts again.
As long as they get their mammoth salaries nothing will ever change.
thought Bowden played like he just didn't care tonight.  His half-hearted efforts just drive me nuts.