Author Topic: Should Richmond chase after Jonathan Brown?  (Read 5784 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Should Richmond chase after Jonathan Brown?
« on: April 03, 2008, 10:42:28 PM »
He's out of contract and although he says he's happy at Brisbane he also said you still look at all offers.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Should Richmond chase after Jonathan Brown?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
He's out of contract and although he says he's happy at Brisbane he also said you still look at all offers.

ill put my house on it that he wont be going to punt road. thats such a funny post
i work with his lady of about 5 years and she is based in brisbane so doubt he is going anywhere
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 10:56:46 PM »
We could always do a Carlton and work feverishly hard to get pick 1 and 2 in the draft and then get Jonathon Brown using the pick 2 as a trade leveridge and still picking up Natanui as a pick 1. May as well do it as if teams come in from Qld or NSW all the draft concessions will go to them and if we are still lowly we will miss out again. Most people would agree finals are out the question realistically this year so looking ahead to the future and creating options that would put us in a much stronger position on field. Why not? Even so it would be and act of negligence and misappropriation if the RFC did not investigate this and act accordingly. Richo will not be around forever and memberships will boom if Browny was to be recruited. Would be a huge huge coup if we were to able to bring Browny to the footy club. Yet somehow he treasures the fact he plays for Brissy and his dad played for Fitzroy and he will more than likely stay there but you can't blame this Tiger for dreaming.
Carlton like a good accountant were able to find loopholes in the system and use them to their advantage and keep them a step ahead of their opponents. Nevertheless We need to get aggressive and make th RFC attractive once again for gun players and not a second chance half way house for players well past their use by date or just happy to live the perks of an AFL existence.  :thumbsup :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:57:13 PM »

ill put my house on it that he wont be going to punt road. thats such a funny post
i work with his lady of about 5 years and she is based in brisbane so doubt he is going anywhere
Yep it ain't gonna happen but Hutchy made a big deal about it so I put it out there.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »
Carlton like a good accountant were able to find loopholes in the system and use them to their advantage and keep them a step ahead of their opponents.  :thumbsup :gotigers
Yep, Carlton sure fooled the AFL with their tricky accounting.  How many years of no draft picks and how much was the fine again?  They are still paying for that piece of outstanding trickery and their position on the ladder sure doesn't scream "ahead of their opponents" to me.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 11:14:14 PM »
Carlton like a good accountant were able to find loopholes in the system and use them to their advantage and keep them a step ahead of their opponents.  :thumbsup :gotigers
Yep, Carlton sure fooled the AFL with their tricky accounting.  How many years of no draft picks and how much was the fine again?  They are still paying for that piece of outstanding trickery and their position on the ladder sure doesn't scream "ahead of their opponents" to me.

Excellent point smokey - plus they are given scant respect by the football community.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
No fricken way.

Awesome player who I would love to have had at Richmond in his prime but the bulk of these power forwards have a limited shelf life and usually begin to decline around 26/27.

The cost would be unlikely to match the return I'm afraid.

If I was Brisbane I'd be entertaining all offers.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 11:28:29 PM »

Excellent point smokey - plus they are given scant respect by the football community.

That was 6 years ago lads in 02 the death knell to the Elliott era. Events of the last 6 months and the turning of the blind eye by the AFL Commission in regards to tanking and other issues ensured that the Blues got their man in Judd no matter what no questions asked. Different era now. Someone with real money is actually pulling the strings now as opposed to 2002 when Elliots personal business political football and professional life was all falling apart and was being played out publically in the back pages of the Herald Sun.  :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 11:36:34 PM »

Maybe to the Gold Coast? ;)

Offline gonzo

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 12:06:40 AM »
No.  Should not waste our time on something that will never happen.

Only Collingwood has a chance.

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 12:31:26 AM »
No Richmond should stay away from Jonathan Brown & continue to breed thier own players to there own style of football
same goes with Ben Cousins NO NO NO

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 01:00:23 PM »
Apparently Brown is up with Judd as the highest paid player in the AFL on $1.5m per year (inc. perks). Even if he wanted to leave the Lions it would be too expensive both in terms of $$$ and draft picks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 05:46:25 PM »
No

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »
Why when we`ve got Cleve? :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 04:34:04 AM »
The Pies are going to offer Brown the captaincy is he decides to leave Brisbane.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23551789-19742,00.html