Author Topic: Cogs' injury update  (Read 6683 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Cogs' injury update
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2008, 11:10:06 AM »
So the FACT is he has a very good record of durability

That's not a fact, it's hilarious.
Cogs would be one of the most injury prone players to ever pull on a Richmond jumper.
He's missed a shedload of football and will find it extremely hard to get back. That's a fact.

shaould have let him go when he had trade value as soon as he won the jd medal we should have used him to gain better players.

Equally as comical.
4 or 5 years ago, pre his countless injury woes Cogs was going to be an absolute jet.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but no way on the planet would the club have traded Mark.
In fact he likely would have been the next Richmond Captain had injuries not gotten the better of him. :(

Mr Magic, your so on the mark there  :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2008, 11:14:36 AM »
thats right Coughlan didnot do his knee in football the second time, he did it in the shower accident,
Another FACT???  Your mate Jack might be able to help with a bit of wink wink nudge nudge here - story is the surgery was botched and the shower accident was just a story the club trotted out to protect the innocent.  Who knows the real FACT?

as you said his a Superfit player well where is he cause l dont see him playing  :lol  not even in the Coburg seconds cause his broken, & whats is the real reason his not playing  ;D cause his so superfit from what you say  :lol his breaking down all the time. Superfit is someone l call Robert Harvey who gets injured often, but returns to dominate games & his a old man  :rollin had more injuries than Coughlan yet is still giving his club valued service what a champion. there goes your theory of being young & recuperating from injury better cause if a superfit old man recovers better than a young Coughlan than that tells me his body cannot cope with AFL preasure, Same applies to the likes of Judd he gives a service while being injured, oh within them 3 years l should say 3 bad seasons his played not much foorball counting this year as well so you look at it how you want. go around help him recover cause if he dont play this year thats it
Yep, got me there.  Harvey has played how many games since his knee reconstruction?  And refresh me as to how many Judd has played since his knee reconstruction?  When Coughlan returns from his and then continues to break down you will have a valid point to argue - until then all this rambling is uninformed, speculative dribble.

Richmond dont learn by its mistakes, holding onto injured players really has had thier revenge on the club over the years & gives other clubs the upper edge in development. have you not noticed the stand the club has taken on players giving any service they get cut cause the supporters have been venting for years now about our sad list & poor recruiting times are changing
What stand?  Rodan got cut because he was considered to be surplus to our requirements in our team structure going forward.  I am very confident in saying that when the club makes a decision like cutting Rodan (or any other player for that matter) then it takes no notice of the supporters - and that's a good thing too.  And aren't you one of the strongest advocates and loudest voices for sacking Wallace, Miller et al because nothing is changing?  At odds with your stance here I would have thought.

but Coughlan is GAWN he will be fighting the likes of Tambling, Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, & l dont rate his chances these guys are in there playing & others are sitting waiting for them to get injured  ;D
He most cetainly be fighting with all these guys and when he regains his fitness and confidence then the club will be in a rare position of these quality players fighting for prime positions in the team - win win - unless we sack him before we know if he will recover or not.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »
Cogs would be one of the most injury prone players to ever pull on a Richmond jumper.
He's missed a shedload of football and will find it extremely hard to get back. That's a fact.

Do you actually know what a fact is?  Broke into the team as a permanent member in round 10 2002 - didn't miss a game for the rest of the season.  Missed 1 game in 2003 while winning the JD.  Missed 15 straight in 2004 with OP.  Played every game in 2005.  Played every game in 2006 until the knee injury.  So he has missed 2 chunks of games in his career due to injury - recovered totally and back to his best from the first one, still rehabilitating from the second one.  "One of the most injury prone players to ever pull on a Richmond jumper"?  Get real, look at the facts for a bit of reality and don't be swayed by the popular perception.

shaould have let him go when he had trade value as soon as he won the jd medal we should have used him to gain better players.
Equally as comical.
4 or 5 years ago, pre his countless injury woes Cogs was going to be an absolute jet.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but no way on the planet would the club have traded Mark.
In fact he likely would have been the next Richmond Captain had injuries not gotten the better of him.
On this I generally agree.  Injury has curtailed his career but there is no evidence or basis of fact yet to say that this is terminal.  From all accounts he was being groomed as a future leader and I'm quite sure that the qualities the club saw then still exist.  They will give him as much time as possible to demonstrate if he has recovered or not.

Tigermonk

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2008, 11:32:28 AM »
did l say Robert Harvey & Judd had knee reconstructions  :rollin l didnot, ;D  :shh l stated their ability to recover & play with injuries that thier giving a valued service to thier clubs & still dominating play while not 100% but because thier superfit
l used it as a example your telling me cogs is superfit & at 25 years old his ability to recover from injuries is on his side.
well l dont see Cogs playing & have not seen him for so long l nearly forgot he was still on our list.
you can think of me what you like  :lol but l think l wrote enough on this thread  ;D we all know his not giving any service cause his superfit remember & those skills well sorry to say but they be so rusty it take a full season of AFL just to get used to pace of the game thats if he can keep up cause the geelong practice match surely killed him off we aint seen him since  :shh

Tigermonk

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »
when you state played every game in season 2006 until he did his knee makes alot of sence  ;D
did he not do his knee in season 2006 l think you said round 12 so if thats the case he missed half the season of 2006 so that dont make he played every game

is that correct your starting to confuse me  ;D
l know he missed alot of 2004 season & all of 2007  ;D & his missed 5 games this season maybe 22 by years end
so add half of 2006 season thats alot of service missing in action & those $$$$ oh my gosh
has a rookie been brought up yet for Cogs long term injury  ;D we might have another Kingy in the list

Jackstar  :thumbsup help me out please, he said you would help me on the Coughlan thread cause l dont know anything  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
Injury has curtailed his career but there is no evidence or basis of fact yet to say that this is terminal.  From all accounts he was being groomed as a future leader and I'm quite sure that the qualities the club saw then still exist.  They will give him as much time as possible to demonstrate if he has recovered or not.

& those last few words just had the forum cringe  :lol exactly what started this off
Richmond got players to replace Cogs because we need players like him giving us service not sitting in the stand injured being paid
if they succeed Cogs will be GAWN cant you see whats being developed down the club  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »
when you state played every game in season 2006 until he did his knee makes alot of sence  ;D
did he not do his knee in season 2006 l think you said round 12 so if thats the case he missed half the season of 2006 so that dont make he played every game

is that correct your starting to confuse me  ;D
"Played the rest of that season, all of 2005 and every game in 2006 until his knee in round 12."
"Played every game in 2006 until the knee injury."

What on earth is so confusing about this?

l know he missed alot of 2004 season & all of 2007  ;D & his missed 5 games this season
That's where the fact ends (although it is only 4 this season so far), and no-one has disputed this.  It is still only 2 blocks from injury - 1 from OP with a full recovery and 1 from his knee reco which he is still rehabilitating from.  So those arguing how injury prone he is are simply not right.
maybe 22 by years end
Yep, might be, and THEN and only THEN is the right time to assess his future, not now while he is still recovering.  That's all I have been saying all along if you care to reread.
so add half of 2006 season thats alot of service missing in action & those $$$$ oh my gosh
has a rookie been brought up yet for Cogs long term injury  ;D we might have another Kingy in the list
We did have him on the long term list last year and this made way for a rookie.  He's not on the list this year because he is obviously coming on at a rate acceptable to the football department with the likelihood of playing footy again in the near future.  On another level, our inability or reluctance to rookie list players in the past few years has been much more based on our financial circumstances and not about player availability.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »
& those last few words just had the forum cringe
Here's an opinion - I bet not all of them on here did.
Richmond got players to replace Cogs because we need players like him giving us service not sitting in the stand injured being paid
if they succeed Cogs will be GAWN cant you see whats being developed down the club  ;D
If, if, if.  The club is following a very sound path dealing with Coughlan - if he recovers, if we replace him, if he comes good, if he breaks down.  The best way to deal with this from the club's perspective is to receive all the advice from all the relevant experts, apply that to what it sees on a daily basis and then act accordingly.  Coughlan is still on the list, is still training and that's all we have to go by at the moment.  We can all be 'hindsight experts' at season's end but until then its all if, if, if.  I'm more than comfortable with the way the club is handling his situation and until I see any FACTS to alter that then they have my support.

Tigermonk

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2008, 12:21:41 PM »
l know exactly how much football his missed

since 2003 JD medal his missed alot of 2004, & half of 2006 & all of 2007 & so far unsighted this year 2008
its round 5 today is he out there playing today  :lol dont know why you even mentioned that so 5 games
Thats not much service for a superfit player  :lol a GAWN player

anyway time to go to the game  :gotigers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
anyway time to go to the game  :gotigers
Enjoy the box and make sure you cheer harder for those of us that can't attend every game!  And if you see Cog's wish him all the best - seriously.  I know that we would all prefer him to stay with us and get back to his best.  Lets allow history to tell us who was right or wrong.  :gotigers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »

Do you actually know what a fact is?  Broke into the team as a permanent member in round 10 2002 - didn't miss a game for the rest of the season.  Missed 1 game in 2003 while winning the JD.  Missed 15 straight in 2004 with OP.  Played every game in 2005.  Played every game in 2006 until the knee injury.  So he has missed 2 chunks of games in his career due to injury - recovered totally and back to his best from the first one, still rehabilitating from the second one.  "One of the most injury prone players to ever pull on a Richmond jumper"?  Get real, look at the facts for a bit of reality and don't be swayed by the popular perception.

LMFAO. :rollin

- Missed 15 games in 2004
- Missed 10 games in 2006
- Missed 22 games in 2007
- Missed 5 games so far in 2008

They are the bald facts right there mate no matter what spin you try and put on it.

Durable? You're totally deluded.

Ox

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »
the coughlan story is a fu cken joke.

Anyone who is waiting for his return probably wants Joel back in the team to.

5x more injuries than Dragacevic

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »
- Missed 15 games in 2004
1st injury - OP - full recovery.
- Missed 10 games in 2006
- Missed 22 games in 2007
- Missed 5 games so far in 2008
2nd injury - knee - still rehabilitating.
They are the bald facts right there mate no matter what spin you try and put on it.

Durable? You're totally deluded.
What spin?  As you so succinctly point out - 2 injuries in his career since breaking into the senior team as a regular player.  No delusion here, just patience and pragmatism.  Thankfully the people in control of our football department seem to have a similar mindset.

Tigermonk

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2008, 10:06:29 PM »
Thats the problem the club is deluded on broken players, its been proven in the past
your a deluded supporter, you need to get over your love affair with Cogs cause his given us nothing for years

Missed 15 games in 2004
Missed 10 games in 2006
Missed 22 games in 2007
Missed 5 games so far in 2008

thats enough in itself to prove his not worthy of being retained next season
l hope he does recover cause maybe the club can trade him & recover what we can from the money his cost us

l got nothing further to put into this thread until & if he makes his comeback into the senior side
the list has too many others who can do what he once did

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »
Thats the problem the club is deluded on broken players, its been proven in the past
your a deluded supporter, you need to get over your love affair with Cogs cause his given us nothing for years

Missed 15 games in 2004
Missed 10 games in 2006
Missed 22 games in 2007
Missed 5 games so far in 2008

thats enough in itself to prove his not worthy of being retained next season
l hope he does recover cause maybe the club can trade him & recover what we can from the money his cost us

l got nothing further to put into this thread until & if he makes his comeback into the senior side
the list has too many others who can do what he once did
I have no love affair with Cogs or any other player.  I want the club to succeed more than anything and have suffered every one of the 27+ years since we last won a grand final just like most of us on here.  I am a firm believer in the train of thought that the only way we can move forward with success and rid ourselves of our pervading culture of failure and mediocrity is to become much, much smarter in everything we do as a club, and to that point I am a strong advocate for ridding ourselves of the knee jerk populist reaction we have practised since the mid 70's.  That's why I argued so strongly at the start of the year against Johnson's removal and why I am now arguing so strongly against Coughlan's removal.  The facts did not/do not support either of these actions then or now and thankfully the club is seeing it that way too.  That gives me a great deal of confidence in the club's direction and future and why I am optimistic about our coming success for the first time in nearly 3 decades.  Sorry if that doesn't feed your need for immediate action and gratification but I'm comfortable with it and that's why I will argue for it.