Author Topic: The aftermath  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
The aftermath
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »
We had no right to win that tonight, half the scoring shots, crucial errors that result in goals and small backline. However, i`m excited. We`ve finally got what one could a great future, imo. Richo bog for mind and Sugar not far away. Like Jack Reiwoldt and Morton is the best recycled player we`ve added to the list beside Browny. Brave effort tonight :clapping

richmondrules

Re: The aftermath
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »
I feel very positive after that game, but at the same time I think it highlights just how far we have to go to become a true premiership contender. I am in awe of the Hawks general play, pressure and strength.

If I was a Hawthorn supporter, I would have to shoot myself. lol. No I mean if I was a Hawthorn supporter I would be very happy.

A good lesson for the boys made to look better by poor kicking by the Hawks. I am happy to say that some of that poor kicking was help by pressure from us.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »
Honorable loss to a top 4 side.

Umpiring inconsistent and ordinary with all the inside 50 frees to the mayblooms.

Thought the run & carry game style tonight was positive, however the ratio of kicks to handballs needs to be addressed with more kicking to position and open space required to clear the contested area's and open up the zone.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
we had every right to win, we were very unlucky, we many times were not rewarded for our effort and the umpires shat in our faces all night

sure they had lots of shots at goal, many many of them low percentage ones , and they kicked a few arsey goals also.

we busted our butts and did not let them intimidate us, and moore did a gr8 jon on duddy

i think its time to  throw hyde bag to coburg , white also and maybe rest edwards and let him get some confidence back.

i would also put deledio on notice, tell him, take the game and players on with ur pace or off to coburg

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 08:24:48 PM »
I was happy with out endeavour and ability to win hard footy etc. Most players busted their buts tonight and i was happy from that regard.

I was unhappy with our style of play tonight though. We constantly went sideways and played the members side of the ground far too often. This wouls have been instructed by the coaching staff.

All in all, it wasnt a bad result could have been alot worse. The young kids are going along well and its goos to see Browny do some nice things. He is getting his MOJO back.

Offline Wildride

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:26:46 PM »
Ur kidding right, X? Firstly, Hyde was tagging Bateman all night, and completely shut him out of the game...Bateman usually provides great drive, tonight did nothing. Secondly, Lids had 30 possies, kicked a goal and had 5 tackles. He did the hard work inside, in the packs, farming it out to Foley etc...I think that this is prob more valuable than the flashy stuff, where he might only get 18 odd possessions.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:27:58 PM »
browny is getting his mojo back that is for sure

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »
we had every right to win, we were very unlucky, we many times were not rewarded for our effort and the umpires shat in our faces all night

sure they had lots of shots at goal, many many of them low percentage ones , and they kicked a few behindy goals also.

we busted our butts and did not let them intimidate us, and moore did a gr8 jon on duddy

i think its time to  throw hyde bag to coburg , white also and maybe rest edwards and let him get some confidence back.

i would also put deledio on notice, tell him, take the game and players on with ur pace or off to coburg

Bit stiff on Lids.

BOG last week, 30 touches tonight.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »
I EXPECT MORE FROM DELEDIO
 he has pace, yes he had heaps of the ball, but many times, he had a chance to run and didnt. he is alot faster than hodge brown osborne and mitchel, these were just 4 occasions he could have used his afterburnes but stopped propped and went backwards

deledio must look at foley and king and learn from them, at least blingers is now starting to back himself and take players on

lids has an asset in his pace, but its been 2 yrs now since we have really seen him expose opponents using it

he needs to believe in himself more, if it means off to coburg to get his confidence back in taking the game on , so be it

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
I was happy with out endeavour and ability to win hard footy etc. Most players busted their buts tonight and i was happy from that regard.

I was unhappy with our style of play tonight though. We constantly went sideways and played the members side of the ground far too often. This wouls have been instructed by the coaching staff.

All in all, it wasnt a bad result could have been alot worse. The young kids are going along well and its goos to see Browny do some nice things. He is getting his MOJO back.
Agree TFL. Saved me from typing out the same thing  :thumbsup.

Once again our start was ordinary. We were blown away early on after Richo got the first goal in the minute. The Hawks had the next 8 scoring shots and we had to put extra numbers behind the ball which meant we had to run the ball more to get it forward. That style got us back in the game and kept us in it by forcing the Hawks wide to have shots (bad kicking is bad footy anyway) but it really showed up our lack of class and how far behind we still are because we couldn't go 1-on-1 with them. A great effort and the boys tried their guts out but for us to improve we still need to dip strongly in the next 2 drafts.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 09:24:36 PM »
Finally back l could have ripped my F****** hair out whats left of it after that leather burnt game.
Our preasure had the hawks shiting themselves, but our over use of the ball turning it over when a kick was required tortured me watching l nearly came home early at one stage in the 2nd quarter
Jordan Mcmahon a disgrace  >:( his a main offender of over use & passing to hot players,  his spot in the side has to be seriouly thought about, he does not respect his opponant at all & we paid dearly all day. His not a very football smart man & Wallace was stuffing steaming at him
Richmond were the better side on the day & should have won,  but when you got players like Mcmahon & Chris Newman being serious offenders of blunders & Newman over the last 3 weeks, please make some hard decisions & drop these players for continued stupid mistakes. Chris Hyde took Bateman to the cleaners which saw Bateman dragged & Wallace made the huge mistake of not dragging McMahon easlier than he did it truely cost us, which saw Kingy having to be taken off his man to go to Rioli who got too much room to move. Thursty didnot give Roughhead enough respect in the quarter, wtf is he thinking running off him at times.
Moore did a good job on Franklin who went to peices under preasure  :lol he aint poo that Franklin when the preasure is on. Love to know what Kelvin was saying to him at times cause it affected him. Richoman a true Richmond champion, Tuck a great day putting the body on the line. Morton & Browny classic at times & Kingy well someone needs to chain him up his a wild little man.
Johnson well he really got the pee out of him cause his football is stepped up a level, l'm sure next week the players who could have given alot more will produce. They missed alot of goals due to nerves & the preasure they did not handle it very well & l seriously think we are just a few games behind them on par after our delayed rebuild. The signs are there l beleive if we had Bowden in there today we would have rolled the hawks because we lacked some experience that Bowden would have provided under the heat.
Overall l'm not sure what the last score was cause l didnot look at the scoreboard at game end but it would have been closer than anyone in the media would have given us credit for & l'm sure tomorrrows papers will say just were the Tigers are heading.
We will win games this years cause the writing is on the wall but we killed ourselves from to much handball & that game was ours to win
there will be some reports from this game & l'm sure McGlyn was brought in to do the dirty stuff
Umpire #10 is the biggest cheating bastard in the AFL.
l'm happy we give it a red hot go  :clapping  but we are 20 games off becomming a serious contender & weeding out the bad decision makers & players who continue to go backwards instead of going forward  :banghead

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 09:31:33 PM »
hey monk
thusty played on williams
mguane was on roughead who did benefit from bad umpiring

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 09:33:15 PM »
btw
well done blingers, did a great job inside tonight and his 3rd q got us right in the game

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
Loss but proud.
Gave it a red hot go.
Our intencity and pressure was there and that instance in the last quarter where the ball was in our half forward line in the last quarter and we could have had at least 4 or 5 holding the balls but the ump forgot to blow his whistle was just superb, and even though the ball spilt to the Hawks and they goaled I was so so proud of the lads.
Richard Tambling's third quarter was the best 25 mins of football he has played at this level IMHO. So so many positives.

Yes McMahon is set to become the supporters whipping boy to an extent after tonight.I just hope that Terry and the match commitee dont take a backward step and revert back to players of the ilk and character of Bowden, Pettifer and Tivendal now that we have  terms of player development application committment in the last three weeks and going back to those type of blokes will only hinder this improvement.
We need to have faith in the kids now that Terry is giving them the opportunity.
After tonight I feel if we can make Connors Cotchin Rance regular weekly players and promote 1 or 2 other kids we will be in a good position come the years end to build for 2009 and beyond that. A good effort against a top 4 side and possibly a Grand Finalist. Very very proud Tiger.

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 09:43:27 PM »
hey monk
thusty played on williams
mguane was on roughead who did benefit from bad umpiring

sorry got them mixed up  :-[