Author Topic: Kym Monteath  (Read 9451 times)

Bulluss

Kym Monteath
« on: August 24, 2004, 11:31:38 AM »
Does anyone know what it the status of Monteath?

Earlier this year alot of people were talking him up as a gun recruit and someone that RFC would almost certainly take under the father son rule.

I think from memory he may have hurt his shoulder but not too sure, does anyone know anything they can add to his current status and draft chances?

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
Re: Kym Monteath
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 11:38:28 AM »
Ineligable this season Bully,as he's too young.
Will be eligable next season,and from all reports will play for us if asked to! :cheers

Further bonus is he'll learn under a far better coach than our young blokes now have had.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Kym Monteath stars for East Freo colts
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 08:37:05 PM »
The WAFL season started this weekend and Kym Monteath bagged 4 goals and was named second B.O.G. for East Freo colts.

If he keeps this form up (was great early last year too before doing his shoulder) we'll be able to pick him up cheaply under the F/S rule in 8 months time :thumbsup.

Leederville Oval  Saturday March 19, 9:25 am

Subiaco 2.3 4.5 6.8 9.11 (65)
East Fremantle 3.1 5.6 8.10 14.16 (100)

E.F. Goals: K. Monteath 4, J. Kennedy 2, D. Foster 2, A. McLeod 2, B. Dalziell 1, C. Jacobs 1, B. Taggart 1, T. Underwood 1

E.F. Best: J. McNamara, K. Monteath, D. Bull, D. Bandy, L. Bowe, K. Little

http://www.wafl.com.au/default.aspx?pg=results&tournamentid=508
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 05:49:41 AM »
Rhys is playing with Coburg as well

Kim is a little on the light side, so hopefully can get a full season and some conditioning.  (says a mate from fremantle)

BTW, is Daniel Strachan eligible this year as well?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 05:33:41 PM »
Kim is a little on the light side, so hopefully can get a full season and some conditioning.  (says a mate from fremantle)

Weaver on BF says he's also around 185-186cm.

He's playing for Coburg this year IIRC.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 09:44:17 PM »

He's playing for Coburg this year IIRC.

Yeah Daniel is playing for Coburg and played int eh RFC practice match on Friday to make up the numbers. Daniel Strachan is very very lean.

They also had Rix (the big blond headed bloke) and a couple of others from Coburg making up the numbers.

Thankfully they didn't have either of the Houlihan's (Adam & Josh) making up the numbers ;) ;D :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 03:23:15 PM »
"Daniel Strachan is very very lean." A lean Strachan? I seem to remember Greg was built to run the 100 in 10.2 minutes, stopping for 3 pies on the way.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 07:23:05 PM »
I'm thinking about cruising down to East Freo Oval this Saturday Morning to watch the East Freo colts number 11 in action.

It all depends on the misses and kids though, might even try and take the camera down to see Monteath Junior have a run.

I'll let you know how I go, might be difficult with it being Easter Weekend and all but I definately want to see the kid in action.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 08:37:30 PM »
Hey Guys I managed to pop down to East Freo Oval this morning to catch Kym or Monty as he is known in action.

THis week he didnt play a blinder like he did last week to my disappointment. But here is some facts on this kid:

He is NOT a KPP, who ever said that is talking out of their backside! he would be about 182 cm tall.
He is not a CHF
He played today as a true Centremen, from what I saw he has an excellent disposal by foot and even though he had only abou 12 disposals I was very impressed with the fact that 3 of those were pinpointed passes to forwards that all resulted in Goals.

He is quick but not explosive.
He is definately on the light side and will seriously need to work on his upper body strength
He is definately right footed, tried to kick on his left during one passage but was tackled before getting foot to ball.
Today he basically spent his whole time in the middle of the field, hardly ventured down back or even up forward to my disappointment, possibly needs to push forward a bit because he has a good clean pick up under pressure and can still get a good disposal away, keeps his cool.
Probably my big negative on him is that he isnt an in and under midfielder like Cogs, I would say he was more like Bowden when it came to really getting in and under the packs.

At the end of the day although he wasnt that great today he was tagged in the 3rd to my suprise  considering he didnt have huge disposals but I came away thinking he was a skillful kid.

Any further questions I'll be happy to try and answer them.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 08:49:23 PM by Puntroadroar »

froars

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 09:49:27 PM »
Good on you PRR  :thumbsup
For a guy who didn't have a great day, was a pretty comprehensive report.
No questions from me other than how old is he again?
Father/son players have to be pretty good these days to give up a draft pick for, so be looking forward to hearing what you think of him by the end of the season if you get the chance to see much of him.

Thanks for the report  :bow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 03:08:07 AM »
Great reporting PRR  :cheers

Probably hard to answer from one game and only 12 possies but what did you think of his awareness and decision making?

That's true Moi. Kym's got to be worth at least a mid 30's to early 40's pick to be worthwhile being picked up under the F/S. Otherwise we'd be better off picking him up with a late pick like we did with Raines.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 09:28:01 AM »
It's probably the thing that I was happy about MT,

Kym appears to have the footy awareness around the ground, running to position directing team mates into posistions etc.

I wouldnt say as yet he is worth a second round pick yet, I suppose it would be too much to ask considering he came off a bad shoulder injury last year and could be the reason why he is still playing colts. I Hope this year he learns quite a bit, who knows he might even end up at coburg like his brother at years end.

I will tell you though, there was one passage of play where the ruckman knocked it down his throat, he grabbed it while about to be tackled dodge him then a second guy went to grab him and he spun around him (this is where i got excited) BUT then he ran forward and gave a silly look away handpass that missed his team mate by a fraction LOL I was spewin just a good effort wasted by a silly disposal.

btw moi, he was born 24/08/1987
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 09:30:50 AM by Puntroadroar »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 09:15:26 PM »
Cheers PRR. We need as many players with footy brains as we can get although that silly handpass would fit right in with Tiges at the minute  :-\.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 09:39:37 AM »
Just the weekly update on the younger Monteath.

Wasn't named in the best players in East Freo Colts 10 goal win on the weekend but did score a goal.

http://www.effc.com.au/news/index.aspx?type=archives&year=2005&newsId=218

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 02:22:03 PM »
from my understanding monteath is not in liine for father son selection but apparantly strachan is. ;)