Author Topic: Season's over - Bowden & Hyde need to go!  (Read 7550 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Season's over - Bowden & Hyde need to go!
« on: June 28, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »
Sorry, but these two players are holding us back, they were both liabilities today.

Joel playing his one-trick-pony loose man in defence and this time Carlton made him pay for it. Countless times it was Bowden scrambling back to try and cover the guy he just ran off. That decision to allow Wiggins to just run to the 50m sums up all he does now. He's so worried about filling the hole in defence that he ignores the obvious need in front of him. It's time we drop him again, we need to find out if it's a coincidence that we played our best football in decades without him earlier in the year and since his return we have gone back to lazy uninspiring football and been beaten soundly or fallen over the line against equally crap opponents.
I don't care about the good things that Bowden does any more, because it's the bad things he does that loses us games. I know he can be good in traffic and have a cool head, but I was pulling my hair out at the game today from his brain fades and unaccountability.

Hyde, well what else needs to be said. In the 4th quarter we had a decent build up along the Southern Stand wing. Hyde gets it around the 50m mark near the boundary and had a forward about 3-4m clear of his opponent on the lead and Hyde kicks it short and it lands at the forwards feet. Carlton rebound and kick a goal, then run on to kick numerous unanswered goals and seal the game, including one soon after to Murphy who marked clear of Hyde who was floundering in trying to man him up. He got stuff all of the ball and was one of the worst on ground, get rid of him.

They should all be ashamed of their performance today, very few stood out. Perhaps only Lids who was running all day, Hughes who carved up O'Helpless and then required Ratten to put Jamison onto him. Moore did very well on Fevola too plus Morton who was handy too, but that's only 4 players out of 22. Polo wasn't half bad, at least got a lot of it even though Murphy was pretty good too, only a couple of games into his return so there's a bit to work with there.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
Re: Season's over - Bowden & Hyde need to go!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »

That decision to allow Wiggins to just run to the 50m.........

I have to say that was bizarre - I kept my eyes on Joel because I couldn't understand what he was doing. When Fevola marked it Joel went into a hissy fit, as if somebody was too loose or whatever - I cannot ever remeber that happening other than in the schoolyard.

Have to also agree that we were unaccountable on Stevens = how many times did he collect the ball metres in the clear?

No guts no glory today - we froze. Carlton were handed the game - hope they get ahead of themselves thinking they won it through great effort, it was just a hand over. Big game, gut wrenching.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 06:41:16 PM »
Can remember the Hyde blunder in the last quarter and that was when we were 80-75 points down. Just not enough skill from Hyde and although I agree that Hyde needs to go at the end of the year to isolate that incident in a quarter when the blues were running freely compared to us would be unfair. Yes Joel was unaccountable again today and he was horribly exposed and again it goes back to Carlton's preparation and our lack of it where another tall was not brought in for Thursty. Joel has been a cancer on this club for ages. Cheap meaningless stats most of the time far outweigh an important mark here or there or a piece of sublime skill. Its the content around that, that counts and unfortunantely it is selfish most of the time. The team is more important than the individual and that last quarter hissy fit characterises the way he goes about his footy.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 06:41:42 PM »
Was it just last week Joel had 39 possies and took a game saving grab ruuning the wrong way? Too quick to judge some people >:(

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »
Was it just last week Joel had 39 possies and took a game saving grab ruuning the wrong way? Too quick to judge some people >:(
There was a massive difference between last week and this week, but the difference wasn't Joel, it was the oppositions game plan. Williams paid no respect to Joel and allowed him to rebound at will. Ratten exposed Joel by directing the play through Joel's opponent whenever he was covering someone who left his man to run up the ground.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 06:58:05 PM »
Can remember the Hyde blunder in the last quarter and that was when we were 80-75 points down.
Huh??
I don't think so, scores were about level at this stage and from this very turnover Carlton got a run on and kicked about 4 goals straight. There was the one on the rebound, one from Murphy who marked with Hyde trying to get back on him and then the weird Bowden screw up on Wiggins, plus one other. I left at this point so if there was another screw up from him then add it to the growing pile of evidence.

Ox

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 06:59:25 PM »

Yeh....and before that it was 2-3 years ago

too blind to judge, some people :banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »
if u think it was joel bowden's fault we lost today u r kidding yourself buddy.
he tried his gutz out as did newy and even mcmahon, hughes and morton.
the rest are for the tip.

it comes down to this IMO.

tambling, patto captain pathetic are the one's who have gotta go.

come on no more excuses we got hammered and if you lot think the future looks bright when the whole team relies on one matty richardson.

i feel so sorry for that guy because we plays in a team with players that have no HEART.

captain pathetic- we cannot be taken serious as a football club whilst he is our captain FACT!!
Lets hear it once again how good a captain he is and how he does so many good things.
he does nothing!! those midgets on the footy show thursday can run faster than him.

TAMBLING-has never put 4 quarters together since he came to Punt road.You lot live in dream land. One week he is the in and under player we have so craved for, the next he is our next andy mcleod..haha
he does nothing, absolutely nothing...
dont be bagging tuck and bowden at least they try..

hyde-i laughed when i saw hyde running with Waite at one stage.
TW- when u have a dud coach that puts JACK at Full bak on Kruzer, i mean who are you kidding?
what a joke?

it is simple he was outcoached by the flemington straight.
he should have kept his mouth shut in the lead up to this game, but no not our TW.
Line in the sand!!!hahahaha

now i said last week patto needs to go and i stand by it.
we need another ruckman and fast..

patto tries but seriously he needs to go back to Coburg now!!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 07:20:30 PM »
richo is our captain regardless of what the paperwork says

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 07:27:04 PM »
Joel is a good footier, no worries about that! Every club has maligned players and unfortunately he is ours. If we flick him who will ours be then? Wasn't long ago and the trade Richo chant was loud, what a miscarraige of justice if that happened. Joel deserves the respect that 200 game plus players deserve.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
GOALS
Richmond:   Hughes 3, Morton 3, Richardson, Johnson, Deledio, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Polak.
Carlton: Fevola 4, Gibbs 3, Fisher 2, Betts 2, Murphy, Wiggins, Edwards, Cloke, Stevens, Grigg.

BEST
Richmond: Deledio, Bowden, Polo, Foley, Moore, Simmonds, McMahon.
Carlton: Stevens, Carrazzo, Waite, Scotland, Bentick, Gibbs, Thornton.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »
little pretenders like jake king are our problem, and that pretender of a captain

also brown owes everyone an apology for his game today
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 09:08:33 PM »

Ratten exposed Joel by directing the play through Joel's opponent

I think you just made that up. Despite his Wiggins brain fade Joel was our best player imho.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 09:19:59 PM »
MJS you must be kidding, Bowden spent most of the day on Fischer who carved him up.

Fischer is such a great mark for his size (one of the best marks pound for pound IMO) and Bowden constantly played off him and he hurt us!!

Players such as Cotchin, Polo and even McMahon added much more value to the team today.

I think you may have been distracted MJS, we were playing Carlton  :lol  :shh how many tickets did you buy??  ;D ;D ;D

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 09:47:27 PM »
Fisher is a classy player and kicked a beautifull goal early but I don't believe he carved us up - if you were reviewing the game up 'till 3/4 time Joel would have been spoken about differently. He is certainly in our best players, just gets bagged unfairly when we lose.

I always enjoy Carlton games tho .... :shh

Add-on - just looked at Fisher stats - 12 kicks and 3 handballs. Must have been good ones.