Author Topic: Tigers vs Cats  (Read 9292 times)

jackstar

Re: Tigers vs Cats
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »
someone should have thrown a tiger jumper on Duncan & had him play for us  ;D he was doing more than some of our players  ;D

As funny as it may seem, but nearly true

jackstar

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »

You're living in a different century.

Attacking football in modern footy starts from HB. McMahon is there to set up play. 

The post of the week! You actually didnt go to the game.
Stokes had a hand in 3 goals in the 2nd quarter. McMahon was diagraceful!  Was dragged on 2 occassions in the 2nd quarter.
Telll me something 1980, when we havent got possesion, what should McMahon do ? Stand in a zone in D50 and let Stokes get the ball without ANY PRESSURE!

You prefer to watch Bowden slow it down and kick the ball sideways at HB?

McMahon needs to work on his defensive game, but thats a far cry from all this talk about him being a dud. He runs hard to get the ball and when he uses it well, we are inside 50 more often.

I went to the game, and unlike you, I was cheering for the Tigers  :P

You obviously dont watch the opposition.
STOKES!   McMahon opponent.   Actually stayed up and watched the replay on foxtel  Michael Voss bagged McMahon big time

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2008, 01:11:25 AM »

You're living in a different century.

Attacking football in modern footy starts from HB. McMahon is there to set up play. 

The post of the week! You actually didnt go to the game.
Stokes had a hand in 3 goals in the 2nd quarter. McMahon was diagraceful!  Was dragged on 2 occassions in the 2nd quarter.
Telll me something 1980, when we havent got possesion, what should McMahon do ? Stand in a zone in D50 and let Stokes get the ball without ANY PRESSURE!

You prefer to watch Bowden slow it down and kick the ball sideways at HB?

McMahon needs to work on his defensive game, but thats a far cry from all this talk about him being a dud. He runs hard to get the ball and when he uses it well, we are inside 50 more often.

I went to the game, and unlike you, I was cheering for the Tigers  :P

You obviously dont watch the opposition.
STOKES!   McMahon opponent.   Actually stayed up and watched the replay on foxtel  Michael Voss bagged McMahon big time

I'll wait until he coaches his first game before I start taking advice from Voss. He got the names of most of the players wrong on Sat nite.

McMahon will get goals kicked on him. But we'll also kick higher scores when he's got the footy in his hands. He's no gun recruit, but he's also hardly the worst footballer on our list.

Tigermonk

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2008, 07:49:26 AM »

McMahon will get goals kicked on him. But we'll also kick higher scores when he's got the footy in his hands. He's no gun recruit, but he's also hardly the worst footballer on our list.

True his not the worst on the list but if Wallace stood by what he preaches about having a defence side to your game, then l would expect McMahon would be dropped & learn the aspects to playing defence when your playing that position cause he aint got the experience to play loose being a turnover king

oh you wont kick higher scores when your turing the ball over like that, look at the result  ;D we gave them half that score

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2008, 08:05:53 AM »

True his not the worst on the list but if Wallace stood by what he preaches about having a defence side to your game, then l would expect McMahon would be dropped & learn the aspects to playing defence when your playing that position cause he aint got the experience to play loose being a turnover king

oh you wont kick higher scores when your turing the ball over like that, look at the result  ;D we gave them half that score

Exactly, if I remember a text message I sent my Dad at half time. . .

"What's the stuffing point of having Jordan McMahon in the team when he cant do what he's in the team to do, set up forward plays."
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2008, 08:15:57 AM »
look geelong are a awesome team and have beat all comers this year ,so why would richmond be any different
what really worries me is our skill level of alot of players.
l cant work out why our skills have been so bad for so long ,maybe it is time to replace our assistants and try and get a few new ones .
if people remember when wallace signed on as coach he said his weakness was skills training so he got choco in to handle that area ,well its not working we should of been a few goals closer against the cats but our skills where poor ,and why do we continue to miss goals when they are needed ,is it the boys cant handle pressure or is there confidence down or have we recruited athletes rather than footballers.
patto looks slow and doesnt contribute much ,mcmahon is too unaccountable ,tuck tries really hard but his kicking is too up and under ,theres more who should work hard on there field kicking.
l was impressed with edwards before he got body slammed ,he looks good for the future .

Tigermonk

« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:55 PM »
look geelong are a awesome team and have beat all comers this year ,so why would richmond be any different
l cant work out why our skills have been so bad for so long ,maybe it is time to replace our assistants and try and get a few new ones .
if people remember when wallace signed on as coach he said his weakness was skills training so he got choco in to handle that area ,well its not working we should of been a few goals closer against the cats but our skills where poor ,and why do we continue to miss goals when they are needed ,is it the boys cant handle pressure or is there confidence down or have we recruited athletes rather than footballers.
patto looks slow and doesnt contribute much ,mcmahon is too unaccountable ,tuck tries really hard but his kicking is too up and under ,theres more who should work hard on there field kicking.
l was impressed with edwards before he got body slammed ,he looks good for the future .

Tuck has been the hardest worker all year, wouldnot surprise me at all if he takes the JD medal over Richo or at least come runner up cause if he was not in the side we be well & truely slaughtered.
The lads know what is required but simply donot have the bodies to go with such experience as Geelong & we are bringing in the wrong options for matchups like Polo would have been a better choice to wear Stokes. l beleive as much as l like the little man Agro King, he spends to much time roughing up players laying on his back & needs to get back to concentrating on football. McMahon was not the matchup for Stokes & that lays blame on the coach.
Emergency players had me dumbfounded. Meyer  :lol  Conners  :lol  King not this game wrong choices overall.
The bottom line is we competed in the first quarter which was great hard football but the Geelong lads work harder over the whole game & Wallace was out coached, after 1/2 time is still a major concern as he cant keep them going & this will eventualy cost Wallace his job as his not getting through to the playing group.
Losing the quality of Nathan Brown before the game is huge on any club & the team must build themselves to not let these types of things distract them as they cannot be used as excuses.
The skill level once again was appalling to say the least & this is a coaching error & needs to be rectified before the rot sets in for another 10 years & our top players search other teams for glory.
The axe is going to fall very soon & dont be surprised cause many high profile supporters are not happy that the culture is not being changed on the ground, Someone is guilty for these bad skills & inderect football.
Everytime we went long & direct it worked, why we go constantly go back to old methods has me trumped & other clubs are laughing at us.
Time to get tough at Tigerland as after watching watching Saturday night l hate to see them players fall into the 8 cause they dont deserve to be there.

Ox

« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »
Tuck is a cool player.

Goes about his bizness with little fanfair and works tirelessly.

Doesn't mind not being as"famous" as Joel,for example,yet plays
a brand of consistant football that Bowser must envy (he would if his head wasn't up his own ars)

jackstar

« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2008, 12:54:16 PM »

Tuck has been the hardest worker all year, wouldnot surprise me at all if he takes the JD medal over Richo or at least come runner up cause if he was not in the side we be well & truely slaughtered.
The lads know what is required but simply donot have the bodies to go with such experience as Geelong & we are bringing in the wrong options for matchups like Polo would have been a better choice to wear Stokes. l beleive as much as l like the little man Agro King, he spends to much time roughing up players laying on his back & needs to get back to concentrating on football. McMahon was not the matchup for Stokes & that lays blame on the coach.
Emergency players had me dumbfounded. Meyer  :lol  Conners  :lol  King not this game wrong choices overall.
The bottom line is we competed in the first quarter which was great hard football but the Geelong lads work harder over the whole game & Wallace was out coached, after 1/2 time is still a major concern as he cant keep them going & this will eventualy cost Wallace his job as his not getting through to the playing group.
Losing the quality of Nathan Brown before the game is huge on any club & the team must build themselves to not let these types of things distract them as they cannot be used as excuses.
The skill level once again was appalling to say the least & this is a coaching error & needs to be rectified before the rot sets in for another 10 years & our top players search other teams for glory.
The axe is going to fall very soon & dont be surprised cause many high profile supporters are not happy that the culture is not being changed on the ground, Someone is guilty for these bad skills & inderect football.
Everytime we went long & direct it worked, why we go constantly go back to old methods has me trumped & other clubs are laughing at us.
Time to get tough at Tigerland as after watching watching Saturday night l hate to see them players fall into the 8 cause they dont deserve to be there.

Agree.
worst coaching move of the night was to have Simmons sitting at half forward for periods having his opponent stream down the ground rebounding off him.
Should of been isolated in goal square for high ball in, but Terry doesnt like other  opinions ::)
Was obvious to all there that Morton was "' too small "" out of goal square. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Tigermonk

« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2008, 12:56:23 PM »
Tuck is a cool player.

Goes about his bizness with little fanfair and works tirelessly.

Doesn't mind not being as"famous" as Joel,for example,yet plays
a brand of consistant football that Bowser must envy (he would if his head wasn't up his own ars)

another stupid post brackets,  :lol & you wonder why posters attack you

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

I'd rather we took the game on and turned it over, than have Bowden and Newman playing kick to kick sideways at HB and slowing the game right down.

We may lose more games than we win this year, but not in the next couple of seasons.

Tigermonk

« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2008, 01:04:01 PM »

Agree.
worst coaching move of the night was to have Simmons sitting at half forward for periods having his opponent stream down the ground rebounding off him.
Should of been isolated in goal square for high ball in, but Terry doesnt like other  opinions ::)
Was obvious to all there that Morton was "' too small "" out of goal square. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

l never seen so many stupid moves by a senior coach apparently so qualified as Wallet this year.
l just dont know how he thinks, l done alot of coaching myself & if a game is lost you need to look after your players not completely destroy them like he does, reminds me of Geishien days. Leave the players on injured  :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »

Let's get real here.  We have still won 5 games out of 7 after that loss to a team that has won (at last count I remember) 35 of the past 37.  It's not a catastrophe to lose that game.  What will be is if we cant bounce back against a beatable team in Adelaide this week to keep our finals chances alive.  Then it will spell the end.

Anyway, if every team that played and lost by a decent amount and looked ordinary against the cats don't deserve to make the eight, there would only be about 4 teams in the top 8.  :P  :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2008, 01:14:45 PM »

I'd rather we took the game on and turned it over, than have Bowden and Newman playing kick to kick sideways at HB and slowing the game right down.

We may lose more games than we win this year, but not in the next couple of seasons.

look l hate sideways., backwards football more than anyone, Something l have always coached players under me to focus on moving the ball long & direct then lock it in & exshaust the opponant into mistakes, use the forwards all the time thats what they do best, beleive in your teammates ability to take strong marks & kick goals you work hard to setup, use the corridor & stay out of the deep pockets as you wont win games by trying to be a Peter Daicos.

only problem with all that above is Richmond dont know how to lock a team in & every team just glides past us coming out of thier backhalf its a joke watching it every week, then we struggle & rack up useless possessions trying to get out of our back 50, & every player is guilty of not working hard enough

Tigermonk

« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2008, 01:22:14 PM »
Let's get real here.  We have still won 5 games out of 7 after that loss to a team that has won (at last count I remember) 35 of the past 37.  It's not a catastrophe to lose that game.  What will be is if we cant bounce back against a beatable team in Adelaide this week to keep our finals chances alive.  Then it will spell the end.

Anyway, if every team that played and lost by a decent amount and looked ordinary against the cats don't deserve to make the eight, there would only be about 4 teams in the top 8.  :P  :rollin

my main concern is not the loss TA. that was always on the cards but we did have a chance to give them a go & we are capable of doing that as it showed in the first 20 minutes of the game. Its what l seen that worries me from how our coach thinks & matches up. Our skills & turnovers, but most of all our lack of decision making & lack of talk. How many players got rundown against Geelong, how many players froze up under preasure l mean fair dinkum its like Tivendale was coaching them his Mr Freeze tactic  ;D we lack quick reflex skills for the most cruciul moments