Author Topic: Tigers vs Cats  (Read 9297 times)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers vs Cats
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2008, 01:36:48 PM »

McMahon will get goals kicked on him. But we'll also kick higher scores when he's got the footy in his hands. He's no gun recruit, but he's also hardly the worst footballer on our list.

True his not the worst on the list but if Wallace stood by what he preaches about having a defence side to your game, then l would expect McMahon would be dropped & learn the aspects to playing defence when your playing that position cause he aint got the experience to play loose being a turnover king

oh you wont kick higher scores when your turing the ball over like that, look at the result  ;D we gave them half that score

I'd rather we took the game on and turned it over, than have Bowden and Newman playing kick to kick sideways at HB and slowing the game right down.

We may lose more games than we win this year, but not in the next couple of seasons.

look l hate sideways., backwards football more than anyone, Something l have always coached players under me to focus on moving the ball long & direct then lock it in & exshaust the opponant into mistakes, use the forwards all the time thats what they do best, beleive in your teammates ability to take strong marks & kick goals you work hard to setup, use the corridor & stay out of the deep pockets as you wont win games by trying to be a Peter Daicos.

only problem with all that above is Richmond dont know how to lock a team in & every team just glides past us coming out of thier backhalf its a joke watching it every week, then we struggle & rack up useless possessions trying to get out of our back 50, & every player is guilty of not working hard enough

Agreed  :thumbsup

but we're working on it.

And when some of the boys up the ground get a bit stronger and work a bit harder, McMahon will turn it over less.

As for his defensive side, if there's no midfield pressure up the ground and the ball gets delivered with time into our fwd 50, McMahon is always going to get beaten.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2008, 02:05:12 PM »
Let's get real here.  We have still won 5 games out of 7 after that loss to a team that has won (at last count I remember) 35 of the past 37.  It's not a catastrophe to lose that game.  What will be is if we cant bounce back against a beatable team in Adelaide this week to keep our finals chances alive.  Then it will spell the end.

Anyway, if every team that played and lost by a decent amount and looked ordinary against the cats don't deserve to make the eight, there would only be about 4 teams in the top 8.  :P  :rollin

my main concern is not the loss TA. that was always on the cards but we did have a chance to give them a go & we are capable of doing that as it showed in the first 20 minutes of the game. Its what l seen that worries me from how our coach thinks & matches up. Our skills & turnovers, but most of all our lack of decision making & lack of talk. How many players got rundown against Geelong, how many players froze up under preasure l mean fair dinkum its like Tivendale was coaching them his Mr Freeze tactic  ;D we lack quick reflex skills for the most cruciul moments

Yeah we got killed by Geelong but I think it's just to do with a team that simply drove us into the dirt and are so good they cause extra turnovers.  69 clangers is an embarrassment.

THe thing that got me that you've referred to is players being ran down due to no talk to them about being ran down.  Kane Johnson basically watched Schulz get ran down the other night.  Sure Schulz should have had the awareness to know the cats were behind him but he saw the space in front of him and a chance for a deep forward 50 entry and simply got ran down.  Would've been nice for Kane to pipe up tell Schulz to either give quick hands or stop because he was red hot.

Another factor is we were bullied out of it and there were few player who ended up wanting to take on the big bodies of Geelong.  FFS on the wing in the 3rd I think it was Patto was doing the rucking AND the tackling the Cats who got the ball there while our mids were basically stagnant.

Those little things certainly do disappoint and frustrate but I'm going to wait until after the Adelaide game to decide if I really do want to fully unleash on all these footy smarts and effort that kill us far too often.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2008, 07:55:59 AM »
THe thing that got me that you've referred to is players being ran down due to no talk to them about being ran down.  Kane Johnson basically watched Schulz get ran down the other night.  Sure Schulz should have had the awareness to know the cats were behind him but he saw the space in front of him and a chance for a deep forward 50 entry and simply got ran down.  Would've been nice for Kane to pipe up tell Schulz to either give quick hands or stop because he was red hot.

Totally agree.