Author Topic: Craig Cameron is our new footy manager [merged]  (Read 23701 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Our new footy manager [merged]
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2008, 11:07:30 PM »
Its like sharks circling ... and its not a good look. If the club wants to make a decision, it should make it, keep the plough or sack him but make a decision, dont let the speculation continue unabated. It is the speculation and how people are feeding it that is disappointing.

Interesting point you make Ramps, in the sense that from where I am sitting the President has supposedly made it clear in his recent interviews that Wallace is coaching Richmond in 2009 and will see out his contract.

But the speculation continues. Why?

I agree with you 150% it isn't a good look for the club and the sharks feeding frenzy is disappointing but it is at a stage now where I really don't know how they can stop it and probably more concerning to me at least is they (the Club) dont seem to know how or want to stop it either.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2008, 11:11:34 PM »
probably more concerning to me at least is they (the Club) dont seem to know how or want to stop it either.
It seems like a plan of action from the start.
Sack Miller and then destabilise so Wallace feels uncomfortable
Wallace quits
Appoint desired coach
End of problem

We're up to the Wallace feeling uncomfortable stage - two more stages to go and all the conspirators will be happy  ::)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2008, 11:16:51 PM »
probably more concerning to me at least is they (the Club) dont seem to know how or want to stop it either.
It seems like a plan of action from the start.
Sack Miller and then destabilise so Wallace feels uncomfortable
Wallace quits
Appoint desired coach
End of problem

We're up to the Wallace feeling uncomfortable stage - two more stages to go and all the conspirators will be happy  ::)

What a sad state isn't it? But heh at least some people will feel good

My view Moi and I posted this on the Patrick SMith thread....

We've taken a few steps forward and then our improvement comes under threat from egos out of control which = massive leap backwards.

Moi

« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2008, 11:21:25 PM »
Anyone who's posted on these boards for the last year or so I doubt would be shocked by recent events  ;)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:38 PM »
Its like sharks circling ... and its not a good look. If the club wants to make a decision, it should make it, keep the plough or sack him but make a decision, dont let the speculation continue unabated. It is the speculation and how people are feeding it that is disappointing.

Interesting point you make Ramps, in the sense that from where I am sitting the President has supposedly made it clear in his recent interviews that Wallace is coaching Richmond in 2009 and will see out his contract.

But the speculation continues. Why?

I agree with you 150% it isn't a good look for the club and the sharks feeding frenzy is disappointing but it is at a stage now where I really don't know how they can stop it and probably more concerning to me at least is they (the Club) dont seem to know how or want to stop it either.

good question why dont they just end the speculation, my concern is what happens if we fall flat on our proverbial next year with everyone knowing that by mid year he and the club know that he wont be coaching beyond 09...does he just coach out the year which i find ludicrous...

its about time March as President puts these spot fires out and do the job he should be doing....

as mentioned in another post if anyone doesnt think it will have an effect on the younger players better think again.

so many swings and roundabouts to be played out i think.

this club at times doesnt even know of the word professional..

SSOA  :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »
What a complete mess.  :scream
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2008, 07:23:23 AM »
good question why dont they just end the speculation, my concern is what happens if we fall flat on our proverbial next year with everyone knowing that by mid year he and the club know that he wont be coaching beyond 09...does he just coach out the year which i find ludicrous...

its about time March as President puts these spot fires out and do the job he should be doing....

as mentioned in another post if anyone doesnt think it will have an effect on the younger players better think again.

True 3rogerd. Professional is not something we seem at the moment, it's more like amatuer hour at the under 14's  :help

Question is how to put the spot fires out? IMV get them to face the media together and perhaps at the annointing of the new Director of Footy would be a bloody good place to start.

Secondly get rid of the leaks

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2008, 04:07:44 AM »

True 3rogerd. Professional is not something we seem at the moment, it's more like amatuer hour at the under 14's  :help

Question is how to put the spot fires out? IMV get them to face the media together and perhaps at the annointing of the new Director of Footy would be a bloody good place to start.

Secondly get rid of the leaks

First part - yep WP get all of them to show a united front in front of the media. Then all just shut up from then on. I thought this year we were just going to let the footy do the talking and even though it has in the second half of the year we still can't stop putting our collective foot in our mouth when facing the media :banghead.

Second part is nigh impossible. Club leaks like a sieve  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: September 06, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »
Second part is nigh impossible. Club leaks like a sieve  :-\.

Yeah that's true...

But if you were to know where the leaks are coming from or more to the point who the leaks are wouldn't you get rid of them? You wouldn't slap on the wrist and say "naughty now don't do it again".. would you? :banghead

I dont think it is rocket science :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2008, 05:43:50 AM »
Ex-Tiger Phillip Walsh has left Port in the past week

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24285124-5016212,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2008, 06:23:04 PM »
Ex-Tiger Phillip Walsh has left Port in the past week

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24285124-5016212,00.html
Walsh has joined the Eagles as midfield assistant coach according to 3aw just now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2008, 05:51:09 PM »
Maybe we'll find out tonight or tomorrow.

I beleive there is a board meeting happening tonight.
Maybe , only the formalities remain.

You would have to think that they ( RFC board) would have all of this settled by next Wednesday.
Surely if at all possible they would like there new acquisition to be present at the J.D. Medal.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2008, 07:21:53 PM »
Nothing from Caro tonight on 3aw. It seems the RFC has gone down in the bunker before the board meeting tonight.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2008, 01:27:36 AM »

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2008, 09:00:53 AM »
The Bombers are now also after a new football operations manager.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/dons-cast-net-as-auld-eyes-top-job/2008/09/09/1220857554907.html

Laycock 2 more years......hhhhhaaaaaaaa  :rollin