Author Topic: Tiger turmoil on Free speech  (Read 6630 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Tiger turmoil on Free speech
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 08:02:52 AM »
Mate, dont want one. Over it, working with imposters who think there more important than the players, lol
Might be go back to coaching local footy next year.

Thats it,  they have had the wrong people in positions for years & replace them with the wrong people over

The club needs a bloke like Brendan Gale but as you say Jack he wont join because of imposters

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 08:56:59 AM »
What I don't understand is now, when we are starting to finally make progress with our finances, playing list and onfield performance, we decide to get rid of the people who initiated the plan and club structure to achieve that success?! ???

Miller may have been over his used by date but the whole sacking at this stage of the year reaks of petty, selfish, boardroom politics to me. Why make any changes at this time of the year when we are still a chance to make the finals. Why not wait until we are out of the finals race or the season is over. Either way it would still occur before the magic October (The Magic decision month apparently!).

I'm all for change if its warrented but all this destablisation just seems untimely and unproductive to me.

Stripes

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 12:06:51 PM »
stripes i hear ya.

this is why i think there has been alot more going on behind th escenes that we dont know about. the tigers atm have been pretty quiet, but they surely must not have been happy with certainparts about millers role thus have decided to let him go. yes timing was bad, but he was meant to be sacked at yrs end, the leak brought it fwd, thats another story.

but i feel miller probably was too close to the coaching staff thus not in a position to make unbiased clear judgements, the fact he wanted to add 3 yrs to wallaces contract at teh start of the year when he was on the board just proved he had his and wallaces interests ahead of the club. this plus his loyalties to the kangaroos and who knows what else prompted a full review .

lets be honest, wallace has a 5 year plan, there was no need to extend his contract til his contract expires. if all the boxes are ticked and we are at or beyond where his 5 yr plan intended, extend it, but if we are not, then he has failed. its plain and simple.  if we get to finals this yr and make it next yr, im sure wallace will find and extension will be offered, but if we miss finals this yr and next yr, wallace can kiss his coaching career goodbye. i am sure that if we cant make finals in wallaces 5 yr term, even wallace will admit he failed.

i believe we can make the finals this yr, and am positive we will next yr. as the tigers are in control of their destiny this yr, wallace will also be, this yr and next. wallace should be rewarded with an extension after we find some success and finals, not now as miller wanted,

millers role at the rfc has been vastly overrated and he has bluffed many supporters i am glad to see the end of him
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
its not frees fault miller went,it was decided before free joined the board .

Hello  ??? Did the club not say that the decision was made last week (Tuesday 22/7/08) at a board meeting, that was attended by Free.  Are they lying ???

miller no doubt leaked his possible sacking to the media and took off .

Are you serious ??? I've heard some atrange ones this week but that takes the cake

If this whole sordid episode wasn't so serious it would be hystericial..... if it was any other club we'd be doing this  :ROTFL :ROTFL

Sadly I can't help but do this  :banghead :banghead

from what l heard wp the tigers board had been talking about removing miller for at least 6 weeks .
but l guess we all hear different storys ,l think removing greg would not of been a sudden decision .
getting him off the board was the first step and made it easier to get rid of him .
l think there will be more to come and hopefully the club handle it better .
They may have been talking about it for longer and the writing was on the wall since Miller left the board, but March admitted the decision to sack Miller was made at the last board meeting which was on the Tuesday before the Brisbane game. So on the back of 4 wins from 5 games and with a crunch game coming up to boost our finals chances the board decides to sack a member of the footy dept naively hoping they could keep it quiet for 7 weeks. How stupid can you get! ::)

Some supporters are too forgiving of what's happened because they are just glad Miller is gone. For the president and his board to put themselves before the team is a disgrace. Whatismore we are looking for a new major sponsor and that will be a lot easier to find if we were to make the finals. Not to mention the boost it would give to next year's membership. Nah let's put an L-plater on the board and create instability now for the sake of it  ::)  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2008, 03:08:26 PM »
miller put himself before the team many times. so why are so many tiger fans so forgiving of that?

lets face some facts, everyone on the board is a rfc peron, millers is not. we lost no one important

lets move on, the love some have for than bs artist miller is making me sick

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2008, 03:38:45 PM »
miller put himself before the team many times. so why are so many tiger fans so forgiving of that?

I can't recall any instances. Got a couple of examples to jog my memory?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »

Then grab a bucket and move on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2008, 03:46:53 PM »
Well according to Caro only Freezer gets classed as a "Richmond person" on the board. That talk is sentimental nonsense anyway. So called "Richmond people" screwed our club into the mire in the first place and then kept it there for a quarter of a century  ::). You want the best people who know what they are doing; not amatuers who need to learn on the job and needs to ask his mates what he is suppose to be doing. If this was another club we'd be calling them a rabble.

In any case this isn't about the actual decision to sack Miller. If it happened at the end of the season when it should have been done no one would care. It's about the timing and handling of the situation which has been an utter shambles. If you were one of the players busting their backside to get us into the finals you would feel like throttling the president and tell him and the board to butt out and shut up until the end of the season. Then again it's rumoured that's already happened lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2008, 03:52:27 PM »
Parkin on Footy Teams tonight said that there is more to come.  Was quite adamant that there are more heads to roll and was coy when asked if that included Wallace.  To me it raises 2 questions - can we be any more self-destructive and is Parkin stooging for turmoil when we play them in 2 weeks.
Yep, saw that segment myself and I reckon Parkin knows something.As you said, he was adamant there was more to come and he was firmly of the belief that it would be good for the Club. He was very sheepish when asked if it involved TW, but after BT pressed for more, he hinted it may well do so.

Interesting times ahead if that is the case.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2008, 03:53:12 PM »

thats a very blokey joke, so funny

look miiller was and always will be a troll. he is gone and he isnt coming back
he wqas sacked by the swans, sacked by the roos, and now we made the trifecta. the fact that he was sacked from his 2 previous jobs says enogh

all you miller brainwashed lovers move on build a bridge and get over it

focus on the team and the club , not how we sacked that snake  :banghead :banghead :banghead less noise was made when kb was stitched up!

Ramps

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2008, 04:12:43 PM »
I believe we look like idiots, I believe that Gary March has damaged himself in this episode and he should resign, the board need to take a good hard look at themselves en masse, Gary March should be replaced by a David Morgan type (ex ceo of Westpac).

This rubbish with the Miller removal should have happened 3 months ago, they should have pulled the trigger then and got Balme back to Richmond. The newspaper headlines would have been of a Tiger Coup in getting Balme especially from Geelong. It would have been a powerful play from an improving club instead we have a rabble situation. They should all be ashamed of themselves at Punt Rd. I was right - we look like a disorganised Brothel.

Moi

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »
Parkin on Footy Teams tonight said that there is more to come.  Was quite adamant that there are more heads to roll and was coy when asked if that included Wallace.  To me it raises 2 questions - can we be any more self-destructive and is Parkin stooging for turmoil when we play them in 2 weeks.
Yep, saw that segment myself and I reckon Parkin knows something.As you said, he was adamant there was more to come and he was firmly of the belief that it would be good for the Club. He was very sheepish when asked if it involved TW, but after BT pressed for more, he hinted it may well do so.

Interesting times ahead if that is the case.
Probably adding to the coaching panel, not taking away.
And if it Wallace going,  more leaks  ::)

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2008, 06:16:12 PM »

thats a very blokey joke, so funny

he wqas sacked by the swans, sacked by the roos, and now we made the trifecta. the fact that he was sacked from his 2 previous jobs says enogh

focus on the team and the club , not how we sacked that snake  :banghead :banghead :banghead less noise was made when kb was stitched up!

You pretending to be female is just a little revolting.

Just be who you are and stop scaring me.

:help

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2008, 06:51:09 PM »

focus on the team and the club , not how we sacked that snake  :banghead :banghead :banghead less noise was made when kb was stitched up!

Seeing you seem to know so much about the bloke you must know him very well indeed ::). Troll, snake bs artist - l

Sacked from his 2 previous jobs  :help now that's funny

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »
some people got out of the wrong side of the bed today