Author Topic: Trade rumours  (Read 16876 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Trade rumours
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2004, 04:10:14 PM »
Received strong confirmation the other day that Wallace rates Shaw and has had a couple of meetings with him and that he has been offered a contract with us for 3 years.  He still has one more year at the pies and as such we need to make a trade deal.  Anyway alot of water to has to pass under the bridge and as I said we will be looking to make the pies an offer.  I just hope we don't give ANY draft picks away.  I can live with giving away a dud like Chaffey but no draft picks please.

You could say it came straight from the horses mouth  ;)

Fair enough Harry in regards to the source and I'm not shooting the messenger but why would we offer him a 3 year deal  ??? Like yourself I hope we definitely don't waste a pick on Shaw.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2004, 05:56:31 PM »
Just reported on Ch10 news,

Rhyce Shaw has been told he will be traded if an appropriate trade can be done,

McGough has asked to be traded and

Lance Whitnall looks set to be traded to West Coast.

Also talked about Melbourne with a lot of players out of contract and Essendon and Collingwood interested in Bruce.

What are peoples thoughts on Broadbridge as a backman. He has looked ok in some of the games he has played and maybe someone we could look at as a "Cheap" option to play down back while our youngsters get bigger and better.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2004, 08:03:46 PM »
Apart from Bruce the rest are fringe players. McGough is too slow. Likewise Whitnall. Shaw's disposal is ordinary.

The Dees have about 7 out of contract and their not rolling in dough either.

What are peoples thoughts on Broadbridge as a backman. He has looked ok in some of the games he has played and maybe someone we could look at as a "Cheap" option to play down back while our youngsters get bigger and better.

IMO Broadbridge is a third backman utility type behind Nicholson and Rivers. So not really a KP defender. He would be similar to Kellaway.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2004, 03:09:00 AM »
Another crazy rumour doing the traps is Hawthorn enticing Luke Ball (his brother Matthew plays with the Hawks) into the PSD in a similar fashion to what happened to them last year with Rawlings. To convince us not to take Ball ahead of them with our first PSD pick, they will trade their draft pick #5 to us in exchange for anyone on our list we choose (a la a Veale). I wouldn't sat no  :thumbsup.     

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2004, 03:59:08 AM »
We should take the pick 5 deal, and take Ball anyway in the PSD.  That would make all Hawks vs Richmond matches Blockbusters for the next 50 years.

Imagine the ratings...

Balls dad played for the Tigers btw.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2004, 09:40:36 AM »
We should take the pick 5 deal, and take Ball anyway in the PSD.  That would make all Hawks vs Richmond matches Blockbusters for the next 50 years.

Imagine the ratings...

Balls dad played for the Tigers btw.

LMAO - How good would that be.  We get Ball for nothing, pick 5 for Hilton and completely screw the Hawks...........LMAOOOOOO.   Please let it happen.

But seriously, if the Hawks and Ball want to do it, I say bring it on.  Pick 5 for Hilton.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2004, 10:30:21 AM »
London Tiger has produced one of the funniest lines ive heard ina long time :cheers....I would take the deal as offered, but I would push for Hawthorns pick 2 instead of 5. That would allow us to take in my phantom draft

pick 1 (RFC)- Ryan Griffen
pick 2 (RFC)- Brett Deledio
pick 4 (RFC)- Thomas Reddin

If we took the pick 5... then It would probably end up

1- Griffen, 4-Tambling, 5-Reddin

Just to answer a query re: possible pick between 7 and 10...I think the tigers would like to get another young ruckman...re: Cameron Wood.

PS- I remember that a couple of years ago RFC was really interested in Hamish McIntosh. Unfortunately we didnt have a low enough pick to get him in the draft. McIntosh wants out of North Melbourne, so dont be surprised to see us get him via a trade or the PSD.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2004, 10:50:50 AM »
Tarrant for Otto is growing legs.........

Tarrant to Richmond is hot.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2004, 11:13:09 AM »
I dont like the Otto for Tarrant trade ... but the jungle drums are beating that Richmonds list will be substantially changed...amongst them afew big names will be gone!

Jackstar

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2004, 11:15:34 AM »
Ottens to go but I dint think Tarrant will end up with us, more likely the Demons, three way deal or something ;)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2004, 11:19:08 AM »
hey Jacko...do u rate Hamish McIntosh? and second, can you tell us how much of cut Gaspar took?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2004, 12:13:22 PM »
Tarrant for Otto is growing legs.........

Tarrant to Richmond is hot.....

Yeah - if they want to throw in pick 7 in the deal.  Otherwise forget it.

Tarrant is overrated.  He will be much worse at Richmond as he's the type of full forward that needs precise delivery.  He is a crap contested mark.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Jackstar

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2004, 12:19:32 PM »
I would think that only four people would know how much his contract was cut. Gas, His manager, Greg M and the bank !
Speculating about how much someone gets is fairy stuff, the only thing we know for sure that he has to perform a lot better than he did. Gas in form is an assest, Gas out of form is a big liabilty as our position on the ladder indicates.

Hamish McIntosh, I really dont know. Seen him train, jury is out !

RonBranton

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2004, 12:24:31 PM »
I just can't understand why Ottens would want to go. He's on top dollar at Richmond and could only get a nominal increase elsewhere. He's expressed a desire publicly (on MMM) to stay. There are no ties in SA that would make him want to go there - his mum and brother are both settled here.

I can only guess that he's not happy with the Richmond offer. He went from wanting to stay a few weeks before the season end to saying his future was "iffy" at the B&F.

He would be a huge loss imho, but I know not everyone agrees - he's only 24 !!

More will come clear after Sunday -  ;)

Jackstar

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2004, 12:27:33 PM »
Its called $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Ronnie.
Black and white Dollars. Eddie McOttens !