Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 57772 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2004, 05:22:47 AM »
To true MT - If they haven't figured these things out by now how the hell do they think they can run a footy club.  :banghead

Continually talking about EGM's just puts them offside in my book.  >:(

Good news is both sides have positives and negatives and RFC might end up getting a good mix out of all this.  :thumbsup

What all parties must do is put RFC before themselves and thier so called aligned groups and do what is best for Richmond otherwise thier purpose of being there is just not right.

Will members end up getting thier say in this ? - if so I am there with bells and boxing gloves on  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger rebels face uncertain election
« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2004, 08:42:58 AM »
Under the rules, any candidates -- including those from outside the two groups -- are thrown together on the betting form and listed alphabetically.

That means a poll at the annual general meeting -- likely to be on December 21 -- could result in a board made up of a mixture of Macek and Casey's men.

Macek yesterday made it clear that would be an unpalatable outcome, saying the group would meet this week to discuss other options to sweep to power.

What a surprise ::).  Another insult to the members of the RFC IMO. Clearly doesn't trust us to make an informed choice. Newsflash for you and your mates - if you are not prepared to accept the wishes of the members get the hell out  >:(

If we the members decide we want 3 from your ticket, 3 from Casey's ticket and the balance as independants then you should accept it - if you cannot do that then you shouldn't be standing.

The rules are clear I suggest you follow them :banghead

"We had read the constitution. The club's advice is consistent with the constitution," Macek said.

:o :o :o You mean the Club actually told you the truth Charles - well I never ;D

What all parties must do is put RFC before themselves and thier so called aligned groups and do what is best for Richmond otherwise thier purpose of being there is just not right.

What - that seems so......................er.................logical and simple CUB :bow :bow :bow

It is the way it should be  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2004, 10:35:28 AM »
WP and CUB, these people are either a regular bunch of Einsteins or an insult to people’s intelligence.  If this way of electing a Board was in the spirit of the Club’s constitution then I daresay it would already be part of it and it wouldn’t need them to come along and demand changes be made to it.  Changes they want made just to suit their selfish needs and because they are unable to get their own way under the current rules and guidelines of the constitution.

And mainly because they would be unable to work with others on the Board they don’t get along with, even it is for the good of the Club.

So you have to question why are they even doing this if that is the case?  Isn’t that why anyone becomes a Director of the Club – to assist it in any way they can?  And wouldn’t you need to put aside your own self-interests and personal issues and do what is in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club, whatever the circumstances?

The more this drags on the more they convince you they are doing this for all the wrong reasons and that they seriously have no idea.  Them taking over would be the biggest balls up ever.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2004, 12:06:59 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, the club has moved on. The challengers left their run too late, and didnt come up with enough fire and tiger legends on the ticket to sufficiently motivate what is clearly a lethargic membership base. A supporter base that now deserves everything it gets from the Casey mob.

We're happy to slag off the club for 5 years of hell on the footy park, 7 wins 2002, 7 wins 2003, wooden spoon 2004. We've been screaming blue murder and posting madly how pi$$d we are. But when it comes to kicking them out, we lose our nerve.

I wont be voting for either side. I think both sides arent good enough for the RFC. I'll go back into my little hole and dream about the Graeme Richmond days. But I will be all over anyone that has been supporting Casey and changes their mind after we lose a couple of games, or another $2m.

froars

« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2004, 01:22:16 PM »
But I will be all over anyone that has been supporting Casey and changes their mind after we lose a couple of games, or another $2m.
Don't pick on me, i'm sensitive lol
I'm sick of the whole thing anyway - just want the footy back!
And of course we're going to lose games - probably lots of them in the next couple of years - we're gonna have very young side.  So good on ya 1980, you just lie in wait like a spider and you can tell us so lol. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 01:24:16 PM by froars »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2004, 01:44:54 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, the club has moved on. The challengers left their run too late, and didnt come up with enough fire and tiger legends on the ticket to sufficiently motivate what is clearly a lethargic membership base. A supporter base that now deserves everything it gets from the Casey mob.

On the contrary I think the membership base is anything but lethargic on this issue.

I don't think it is fair or reasonable to label members lethargic just because they are not jumping for joy with the alternative that's been presented or because they don't believe in change for the sake of it. People are not being lethargic because they are trying to base their decision on what they believe is best for the RFC - something which these alternatives seem to have a major issue with. How can you say that membership lethargic simply because they may choose to vote for the incumbents. If people really believe they are the best options, then that is their and the memberships choice.

This issue has stirred alot of passion that has been clearly missing for a long time. We had an election at the start of this year for 3 positions and for memory only 6000 members voted - now that's lethargy with a capital "L".

I believe that there is a vast number of members that want an election and to be honest we deserve an election but it is not right for people wanting to change the rules to serve their own purposes.

Any member who votes is being anything but lethargic
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2004, 03:44:11 PM »

I agree the club has moved on (and in the right direction) and the challengers left their run too late (have they actually started  ???). However the blame for that is squarely on the shoulders of the alternative ticket. They have had months now to put forward and explain their own plans for the future of the RFC that is distinct from the current board yet still they haven't and they continue to rely on the "anti-Casey" and change for change's sake factor. After 20 years of one incompentent board replacing another, that's just not good enough. It really sums them up that despite the anger towards Casey, the alternative ticket has fumbled, stumbled and flip-flopped their way through this whole off-field debate. I disagree that the membership is lethargic although they're probably sick to death of the political grandstanding as it's gone on and on and on  :P. Any decent alternative would have long ago grabbed the members attention and enthusiasm for something better and Casey would not have a chance.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 03:46:56 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2004, 05:44:11 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, the club has moved on. The challengers left their run too late, and didnt come up with enough fire and tiger legends on the ticket …

You can be upset with us for our stance 1980, but doesn’t that comment there tell us that the challengers are obviously incapable of taking on the job they claim to have a right to?

And hasn’t the writing been on the wall with this group, right from the start, for anyone prepared to read it?

These people don’t have to be on the Board now to show they aren’t the answer because, as a group, they haven’t even been able to generate enough enthusiasm and momentum for their own cause.  And even the changes they have made haven’t made any difference.

So if they aren’t even capable of running their own campaign in a way that suggests they know what they are doing, and this is the best they can do, then how could anyone be confident that they could possibly have what it takes to run the Richmond Football Club?

It’s not just a case of “better the devil you know”, because what can it possibly achieve to vote out one group only to replace it with another group that clearly has no idea?  Why would we do that?

Most past mistakes aren’t enough reason to hang, draw and quarter someone or never give them a second chance, especially if they show they can atone and move on from that.  So why would we replace them with something clearly of lesser capacity and ability; not to mention narrow minded and living in the past?

Maybe things won’t turn out how we want this way either, but there’s a snow flake’s hope in hades of achieving anything of significance with the alternative group.  And you only have to look at the evidence their campaign provides to know that.

Some of the individuals may have something to offer, but as a group, they just don’t seem to work.  And if any of them are serious about being on the Board then they can nominate themselves at the next election.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2004, 08:20:33 PM »

How can you say that membership lethargic simply because they may choose to vote for the incumbents. If people really believe they are the best options, then that is their and the memberships choice.

I say this because many of the same ppl were screaming bloody murder on this and other boards for most of this year if not also most of last.

When it came time to kick Casey up the backside, we decided the other mob were even worst. Thankfully we dont apply the same criteria we apply to Casey to the coaching dept, or we'd be stuck with Danny Frawley for another 5 years.

Fair enough, but if you're bed in with Casey, and you think he's going to improve his performance and get us into winning ways, and deserves to stay, then dont go changing your mind for another 5 years.

Personally, I'm going to enjoy slagging him off hard and fast for the next 2 years.

froars

« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2004, 11:33:09 PM »
1980, you can only vote on the people who put themselves up for election.  It's not our fault no-one with much cred is putting up their hand.  Half the other ticket have been there and done that before - and badly.  If you want new blood, vote for the ones that haven't been there, or at least if you have to pick someone who's been there before, pick one that did a good job.  I can't find one i'm afraid.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2004, 10:31:17 AM »
When it came time to kick Casey up the backside, we decided the other mob were even worst. Thankfully we dont apply the same criteria we apply to Casey to the coaching dept, or we'd be stuck with Danny Frawley for another 5 years.

Fair enough, but if you're bed in with Casey, and you think he's going to improve his performance and get us into winning ways, and deserves to stay, then dont go changing your mind for another 5 years.

I can accept that you can’t stand Casey 1980, but I don’t get it.  Why would you want to make a change unless there is somebody out there that could do better and is prepared to put their hand up to take on the role?  Not just anyone, but someone who could clearly handle the role and do it justice, because otherwise why change?

With the coach, Danny didn’t want to continue and we were able to find a suitable replacement.  Where’s the problem in that?  I’m sure if we could find an alternative for Casey the same rule would apply to him.  As it stands though, it doesn’t seem that we have any better alternative, unless I’m missing something that you see and I don’t.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2004, 11:35:18 AM »

I can accept that you can’t stand Casey 1980, but I don’t get it.  Why would you want to make a change unless there is somebody out there that could do better and is prepared to put their hand up to take on the role?  Not just anyone, but someone who could clearly handle the role and do it justice, because otherwise why change?

With the coach, Danny didn’t want to continue and we were able to find a suitable replacement.  Where’s the problem in that?  I’m sure if we could find an alternative for Casey the same rule would apply to him.  As it stands though, it doesn’t seem that we have any better alternative, unless I’m missing something that you see and I don’t.

I'm just angry. The alternative sucks, but so does the current president. He's cost us money and a wooden spoon. No-one should be allowed to get away with where the club has been for the past 3 seasons.

Unlike some other, I strongly believe success starts right at the top. Doesnt matter if Wallet is coach, or Miller is GM, its not enough to be a winning club. And what we've got at the top is what we've had for the past 3 miserable seasons. A lack of corporate sponsers, a lack of money, a lack of success.

Depressing

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2004, 11:43:01 AM »
None of us are happy with how things have been and are 1980.  But how is bringing in people who have even less of an idea going to change anything?  They can only make things worse.

I understand your grudge against Casey, but where’s the alternative that can do better?

You even said it yourself that RFC has moved on.  Unless the people there knew what they were doing, how could that happen?  Wouldn’t we just continue to be a rabble and have people clamouring for change?

There’s no certainty that things will improve to the level we want, but the majority of us believe we are better off this way than with any of the alternatives that have put themselves forward to now.

It’s not like we have tunnel vision or anything, so should circumstances change now or some time soon and we see a better alternative out there then no doubt we would welcome any appropriate change with open arms, as we have the change in coach.  I don’t know where the problem is in that.

Sticking with what we have when there could be the possibility of a better option ahead would just be stupid.  So to say people shouldn’t change their minds for 5 years would imply that people be stubborn, narrow minded and just plain asking for trouble.

People are actually a bit more flexible in their views than that.  It’s not being wishy washy, it’s just weighing up circumstances as they present themselves.  Nothing wrong with that.

froars

« Reply #313 on: October 20, 2004, 12:01:49 PM »
The glaring one to me in the ones who are restanding for election is Welsh.  He was football director.  Now, if you're unhappy with what's happened on the footy field 1980 - and ain't we all - wouldn't you think the bloke in charge of a football team that has performed as woefully as we have over the last couple of years is not someone you would want back on the board.  We've had Beck who was in charge of recruiting and most of us have called for his head, and Danny's head - why wouldn't you say the same for Welsh?

The whole lot of them suck, including Casey, but we don't have many choices here unfortunately.  But i sure as hell will not be voting for Welsh, Schwab or Casey under any circumstances. 

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2004, 02:08:17 PM »
None of us are happy with how things have been and are 1980.  But how is bringing in people who have even less of an idea going to change anything?  They can only make things worse.

I understand your grudge against Casey, but where’s the alternative that can do better?

You even said it yourself that RFC has moved on.  Unless the people there knew what they were doing, how could that happen?  Wouldn’t we just continue to be a rabble and have people clamouring for change?

There’s no certainty that things will improve to the level we want, but the majority of us believe we are better off this way than with any of the alternatives that have put themselves forward to now.

It’s not like we have tunnel vision or anything, so should circumstances change now or some time soon and we see a better alternative out there then no doubt we would welcome any appropriate change with open arms, as we have the change in coach.  I don’t know where the problem is in that.

Sticking with what we have when there could be the possibility of a better option ahead would just be stupid.  So to say people shouldn’t change their minds for 5 years would imply that people be stubborn, narrow minded and just plain asking for trouble.

People are actually a bit more flexible in their views than that.  It’s not being wishy washy, it’s just weighing up circumstances as they present themselves.  Nothing wrong with that.

Cant argue with you TS. You've got a clear head. And mine's full of steam.

Some of us hate the alternative ticket. Some us (or maybe one of us) have reached the stage where we hate everyone of them. But have been defending Clinton Casey a little too hard and would support him no matter who ran against him.

And for their sake (and more importantly the clubs), they better hope Casey performs massively better than he has for the past 3 years. Or its the SOS tins again.