Author Topic: 2009 Membership - "Total Tiger"  (Read 33405 times)

Offline tigers_of_old_1980

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: 2009 Membership - "Total Tiger"
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2008, 01:09:55 AM »
Reward and Recognition program - I've Earned My Stripes:

Silver Member                5-9 years       Silver Member scarf & Invite to a free Formal Cocktail Party

So I get a scarfe this year...much prefer the hat but I wish the club would offer an option of buying one when you get the other..
10 PREMIERSHIPS

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2008, 06:54:32 PM »
North Melbourne membership = OUCH!!!

Ramps

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 07:28:02 PM »
How many members would the recruitment of Ben Cousins bring in?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2008, 04:09:39 AM »
How many members would the recruitment of Ben Cousins bring in?
RFC No.1 ticket holder - Mick Gatto  ;D

Seriously it could be anything. It might have no effect as supporters have been burnt many times before by preseason hype and high profile recruits (our membership didn't jump when we got Browny) and they may want to see how we go onfield first before jumping on board. Or we may get a bandwagon effect a la like the Judd-factor at Carlton. You hear Weagle supporters still in love with Cuz saying they'll buy a RFC membership if we give him a second chance  :o.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2008, 05:18:24 AM »
When the news first broke last night about putting Polly on the rookie list and possibly picking Ben up.
Sen were taking calls and SMS's from rival team supporters i.e. Geelong, St Kilda e.t.c. stating that if we drafted Ben on Tuesday they would be buying a Tigers membership. They said that if he played for us they would support our decision and enjoy watching a champion player get one last chance to go around again.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2008, 08:48:54 AM »
When the news first broke last night about putting Polly on the rookie list and possibly picking Ben up.
Sen were taking calls and SMS's from rival team supporters i.e. Geelong, St Kilda e.t.c. stating that if we drafted Ben on Tuesday they would be buying a Tigers membership. They said that if he played for us they would support our decision and enjoy watching a champion player get one last chance to go around again.
Same again this morning. 100 txt messages on Cousins and all supportive. Tiger supporters who haven't been members for years all saying they rejoin as soon as Cousins name is read out on Tuesday. One said it's the best thing to happen at Richmond in 30 years and Cousins at his peak was better than Judd.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »
One said it's the best thing to happen at Richmond in 30 years and Cousins at his peak was better than Judd.

Hmmm, personally IMO in the last 30 years the best thing to happen to the RFC is Richo.   Although 30 years also covers our last premiership doesn't it?

And the key phrase in that comment is "at his peak".  Not saying he couldn't be a valuable player in 2009 but I would say at his age and the injuries he has had he would not be near his peak now.

Oh well if we get more members at least that is one positive side to the whole thing.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2008, 12:56:52 PM »
At December 8, 2008

Ticketed:      10,969
Non-tickted:   2,827
Combined:    13,796

bushranger

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2008, 02:47:33 PM »
My wife done my renewal online last week and when I got up in the morning I opened my emails and there it was comformation that my memebership had been renewed. So I said thank you with a kiss and she asked what it was for.
So I told her fore the renewal, she didn't reliase it would come to my email address as this is what the club have got.  :gotigers

Offline Bene Boy

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • I'm a 2014 member - Are you ?
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »
My wife done my renewal online last week and when I got up in the morning I opened my emails and there it was comformation that my memebership had been renewed. So I said thank you with a kiss and she asked what it was for.
So I told her fore the renewal, she didn't reliase it would come to my email address as this is what the club have got.  :gotigers
             only a kiss     
The question we all want an answer too
Are These The Real Richmond Tigers ?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2008, 11:48:32 AM »
A SEN caller said he went straight down to Punt Rd to get his membership and there was queue of 80 people.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2008, 02:31:09 PM »
At December 15, 2008 (pre-Cousins)

Ticketed:        12,135
Non-Ticketed:   3,326
Combined:      15,461

bushranger

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »
My thoughts on this is as many as we may lose because of taking Ben. We will end up with more that we did when we took Browny. Only due to the fact that there has so much hype going on that it will draw new members to the club.
I was out shopping and a fella who is a supporter but not a member, but he was asking me about membership. So this could be the shot in the arm we needed.
I hope I'm right.
But if people drop off from their membership then they are the ones we really can do without in the first place.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2008, 02:47:25 PM »
The computers have crashed down at Punt Rd under the frenzy of new memberships.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »
i am not "For" the Ben Cousins at Richmond. now he is here, i will love him like the rest, and back him.

basically, I Love Richmond, i hate some decisions they make, they have made a lot.

The Ben Cousins - IS NOT A BAD DECISION, i think ...

THE RICHMOND FOOTBALL CLUB WILL BENEFIT FROM BEN COUSINS MORE THEN BEN COUSINS FROM RICHMOND.

if Ben Cousins falls, it his own fault. this could be the respect Richmond needs!

i have been a member since 1995 and I WILL GET MY MEMBERSHIP in Janurary :)

and a mate in America is DIFFINETLY getting his memebership now! when he gets back :)

i am surprised about the "POSITIVE" support from other clubs supporters!