Author Topic: Captain  (Read 5357 times)

bushranger

Re: Captain
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008, 07:47:49 AM »
As much as a non fan of his I do think he will play a good a vital role for us this coming season.
No secret I don't like him as a footballer, but if he shows and does what he donr to finished of 08 in he will be a good role model to the younger mob.
I just can see him plauing a freer game unthought being dragged down with the high ecpectations of  wearing the captains jumper.
If there was ever a player less suited to it I would like to know, cause I think Kane wasn't suited to it, in my eye that is.
And this new found freedom will show in his 09 season and that will be our gain.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »
The RFC site is running a new poll on who should be our next captain.

Who should be the next captain of Richmond?
Brett Deledio
Matthew Richardson
Chris Newman
Nathan Foley
Joel Bowden
Shane Tuck
Nathan Brown

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »
Chris Newman

:)

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2008, 04:46:16 PM »
 I hope that Brett Deledio does not become captian. A) He is too young B) It will give hom something to strive for in the next 3 or so years by he then should be old enough. C) The young tiger list needs a mature head in all situations, one that has experience. It is great to have a young list but you do not have a young leader of that list IMO.
It has to be maybe Browny, Simmons or my pick RICHO. Richo can inspire the whole MCG packed to the rafters thats what you need inspiration, talent and reputations to lead us into the finals.
If not Richo maybe Browny.
Can someone explain why we need to promote young kids to this role, i thought you would need to prove yourslf over many years before getting the role. Don't get me wrong love Deledio hope he is Captian in about  2 to 3 years.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2008, 06:42:40 PM »
The RFC site is running a new poll on who should be our next captain.

Brett Deledio
Matthew Richardson
Chris Newman
Nathan Foley
Joel Bowden
Shane Tuck
Nathan Brown
Richo, Joel and Browny are ruled out because of age (too old).

Flea said today on SEN when he was talking about his playing career while having diabetes, that our new captain is out of 5-6 blokes before he then added it'll be a younger bloke of 26. That would rule out Lids and Foley leaving just Newy or Tucky. Tucky wasn't in the leadership group and turns 27 next month so it has to Newy. He fits the criteria - 26 years old and is current vice-captain.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd