Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 349937 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #765 on: April 27, 2013, 12:06:10 AM »
If claw comes in a calls it a barely average game I will quit this forum  ;D

What he might harp on about at nauseum is Hannath taking a pack mark with 28 seconds to go and why should have got him. ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #766 on: April 27, 2013, 01:19:04 AM »
Credit where credit is due thought he was very good tonight

but he desperately needs to back it up. Not going missing for the next 3 weeks
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #767 on: April 27, 2013, 01:45:03 AM »
not long in from the game. wont be many comments on anyone but i have to say i thought our talls in general had poor nights.  what was bitterly disappointing was the overall skill level. and that applies equally to both sides.
was behind the goals at the city end with the cheer squad and made a good night of it.

on vickery just quickly and i watched him fairly closely for a bit  i still think he plays without intensity and aggresion. even his  first contested mark and goal lacked aggression if that is possible to understand. he had an opportunity to really hit the pack hard but in the end reached up and plucked the ball out of others hands'

he kicked 3 took some decent marks so i suppose he did his job.  still i have to say i really dont see the love for this bloke.

will say before i go what stood out for a few of us was the lack of a quality small forward we never seemed to have a player in the right spot. anyway will go and have a snooze sober up a little and gathjer the thoughts for tommorrow. have a good night to all.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #768 on: April 27, 2013, 07:50:40 AM »
Because you only see glimpses of TV, I've wondered if his talent is overstated but then games like last night and marks like that taken in the last qtr show that there if definately something to work with here.
I remember a young Barry Hall and thinking he'd be a powerhouse if he could channel his aggression towards the ball - with Ty I'm thinking he could be a great player if he could actually tap into his latent aggression and make it part of his game rather than drifting in and out like a feather.
Maybe it's aerobic capacity or a lack of belief - whatever it is I hope they work it out with him.
He can definitely play CHF if this happens
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #769 on: April 27, 2013, 08:19:50 AM »
not long in from the game. wont be many comments on anyone but i have to say i thought our talls in general had poor nights.  what was bitterly disappointing was the overall skill level. and that applies equally to both sides.
was behind the goals at the city end with the cheer squad and made a good night of it.

on vickery just quickly and i watched him fairly closely for a bit  i still think he plays without intensity and aggresion. even his  first contested mark and goal lacked aggression if that is possible to understand. he had an opportunity to really hit the pack hard but in the end reached up and plucked the ball out of others hands'

he kicked 3 took some decent marks so i suppose he did his job.  still i have to say i really dont see the love for this bloke.

LMAO what a toss, what would you give him out of 10 for last night, a 2?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:39:19 AM by Chuck17 »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #770 on: April 27, 2013, 08:55:56 AM »
I have to admit there were times last night when i thought Ty still looked a bit pedestrian.

Last night did go some way to alleviating the thought that he needs to spend some time at coburg to get some confidence.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #771 on: April 27, 2013, 10:12:42 AM »
Credit where credit is due thought he was very good tonight

but he desperately needs to back it up. Not going missing for the next 3 weeks

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #772 on: April 27, 2013, 10:42:40 AM »
Ty needs to worry more about where the ball is rather than his opponents,  too much time wrestling and not enough splitting packs. Having said this if we dont have quality small forwards then getting the ball to the ground is a waste of time.

Gigantor

« Reply #773 on: April 27, 2013, 10:50:29 AM »
spot on Lozza....A man of his size should pay very little respect to his smaller opponents in the physical stakes..needs to start crunching packs.
But as my astute mate pointed out last night ,Freo avoid pack situations like the plague,they much prefer to isolate and have one on one situations

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #774 on: April 27, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »
I have to admit there were times last night when i thought Ty still looked a bit pedestrian.

Last night did go some way to alleviating the thought that he needs to spend some time at coburg to get some confidence.

Hmmm mark him down to 1.5/10?

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #775 on: April 27, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »
Needs to back it up next week.

tony_montana

« Reply #776 on: April 27, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
geez this thread.. he was our best tall fwd last night by a mile, be happy and accept it. Whats with the critical evaluation and breakdown?  Every single player in the comp makes errors, even ablett and pendles shank and miss their fair share of targets. If he goes missing for the next 3 weeks like willy alluded to, then start sharpening the knives, but to be finding fault in last nights performance is taking it too far imo

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #777 on: April 27, 2013, 01:22:02 PM »
as I said in an earlier post, some are too happy to pull
the trigger on this bloke.

thought he performed well.

the claw

« Reply #778 on: April 28, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »

who you calling a toss poo for brains. see it really is easy to bad mouth people .
what i dont understand is how you get away with it constantly.from now on i think i might start every post with what a fool or what a toss bet it doesnt take long to get pulled up.

now what have i said above?  basically he had an okay game he kicked 3 goals and took a few 2 good marks. he also had a go most of the time. did a lot right but still did plenty wrong.
i also said despite him doing the job expected of him i dont see the love for him or dont rate him, god forbid lets not rate one of the favorites eh.

for what its worth id give him about 6.5  - 7 for his game.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #779 on: April 28, 2013, 03:08:21 PM »

who you calling a toss poo for brains. see it really is easy to bad mouth people .
what i dont understand is how you get away with it constantly.from now on i think i might start every post with what a fool or what a toss bet it doesnt take long to get pulled up.

now what have i said above?  basically he had an okay game he kicked 3 goals and took a few 2 good marks. he also had a go most of the time. did a lot right but still did plenty wrong.
i also said despite him doing the job expected of him i dont see the love for him or dont rate him, god forbid lets not rate one of the favorites eh.

for what its worth id give him about 6.5  - 7 for his game.

Nothing like making up your own story, the toss comment was for those paragraphs of crap not you in particular although now that you mention it........

Good cry out for the mods too, feel free to go through my posts and look for all those abusive posts, apart from my episode with yourself and Montana a few months back I don't think you will find a lot.

I actually try to support the young cubs and not take the easy route of bagging inexperienced/developing players, in that sense all the young cubs are my favourites.