Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 37460 times)

the claw

Re: Robin Nahas [merged]
« Reply #330 on: August 12, 2012, 11:37:57 PM »
 i dont see any comparing him against his peers and giving an opinion where he sits. why because any honest person will have him well down the pecking order.
some things are obvious but not to rfc supporters it seems.
Statistically and end result wise he stands up very well against his peers.

All sides play 1 small forward and many play 2.  For argument's sake I'll go with half the teams in the league.

That means 27 small forwards.  Statistically he's 5th for goals (or was last week) and 3 rd for tackles.

As I said previously, he aint the problem.

I don't need a battering ram to be offered a differing view to my own.  But you offer no statistics no comparisons, just criticise him based on your own view and opinion.  Publicly available KPI's and stats would indicate he's performing his role.  Then you don't even accept them.  You argue compare him to his peers and he stacks up OK.

It get's pointed out that you're wrong on his tackling and it becomes "he's second to the ball".  I see lots of intense chases where he shouldn't even be in the contest but wills himself to it.  (Remember the 4th quarter vs Lions.)

You claim it's obvious but wont accept counter arguments and deride people with a different view.  Given the facts (note:  facts not opinions, not perceptions) it's no where near as obvious as you make out.  I could suggest the obvious bit...
i actually took the time to do a detailed response to this then thought no bugger it i cant be bothered.. i hve an opinion on this bloke and ive been on the roudabout about  the nahas types for yrs with those who just dont want to see. nahas is a big part of the problem regardless of what your stats say.

needless to say i will continue  post what i see with nahas and voice my opinion. needless to say we will disagree on just how good or poor a player nahas is especially in regards to stats.
to you the stats say hes a good tackler to me they lie i see every game where he is just run over.
again stats dont measure the lack of polish or the one sidedness or the times you fall over fumble run past the ball etc etc etc. hes a very ordinary small player you can agrree or disagree but i will continue to point out the things that matter and most of the time stats dont measure.

as i said earlier he could have kicked 5 today, he could have laid 4 boine crunching tackles lol  all that would have done is cover up just how poor he was in every other area. some times you have to use your eyes.
anyway we disagree and we always will when it comes to this hack.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #331 on: August 13, 2012, 12:16:36 AM »
Can you actually read or comprehend anything except your own view.

I disagree he's a hack.

I agree he has limitations.  They're his limitations.  Sometimes they hinder him sometimes he can play well despite them.  Sometimes it works to his advantage.  He also has some AFL traits.  He has enough to get him a gig and enough so that compared to his peers (comparable players) he would have a minimum of a pass mark (equal 5th for goals and 3 rd for tackles (BTW: He had 3 today, on his season average)).

I've acknowledged his limitations twice now.  I've taken the time to compare him to his peers.

From an overall list management issue he aint a burning problem imo at the moment.  He produces to a degree and in a team role.  I actually prefer that.  That emphasises team over individual.  A preference of mine.  I understand the limitations due to the draft and trading how many roles you can upgrade at one time.  So he is not a focus for now.  We have more pressing needs.  At some stage he may become a focus.  That may or may not before we become contenders.  Lots of guys who are not as good as Robbie have premiership medallions.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #332 on: August 13, 2012, 12:25:10 AM »
Can you actually read or comprehend anything except your own view.

No need to write crap like that, guy.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #333 on: August 13, 2012, 03:00:35 AM »
 :fishing

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #334 on: August 13, 2012, 03:26:29 AM »
Don't act like you were fishing, guy. ;D

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #335 on: August 13, 2012, 05:04:58 AM »

Robbie Nahas is a gun, if you can't see it, it your own individual fault.
Stop acting like your fishing an acting fisherman  :shh
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #336 on: August 13, 2012, 05:23:20 AM »
If nahas and Edwards are in the team long term is there spots for white and king?

How many smalls can you play

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #337 on: August 13, 2012, 06:55:33 AM »
Believe room in team for Edwards, Nahas and King. Not sure about White. Nahas and Ellis didn't have good games against the bulldogs. Believe Ellis only needs to bulk up over summer and he has the potential to be a very good player.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #338 on: August 13, 2012, 08:30:27 AM »
facts

white is crap
nahas is crap................too bloody soft , too light falls over, too easily tackled

edwards must stay is our best small
king must stay is our toughest small

no room for nahas and white in the team
end of story

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #339 on: August 13, 2012, 10:33:03 AM »
Edwards needs to be traded.  23 Goals 26 behinds.  How many more were out on the full or didn't make it?  Most within 25m of goal.  Couldn't hit a barn door at 5 feet unless he was blindfolded and pushed in the wrong direction.  Will be good trade value because he does have pace. 

White obviously useless.  King is a champion.  He won't be around forever.  Nahas 31 Goals 15 Behinds.  Still our best forward.  Unless we find someone better, moot discussion.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #340 on: August 13, 2012, 11:31:14 AM »
bs

nahas is crap

edwards creams him, deledio has missed many this yr too as has martin so do we trade them too u dimwit

edwards is an opportunistic small fwd and is much better than nahas

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #341 on: August 13, 2012, 01:24:05 PM »
bs

nahas is crap

edwards creams him, deledio has missed many this yr too as has martin so do we trade them too u dimwit

edwards is an opportunistic small fwd and is much better than nahas

How many have they missed from 5m out?  LOL.  I reckon Edwards has missed at least 10 this year alone.

Deledio and Martin have both been more accurate and many of their shots have been 50m running goals from the midfield.

Edwards just runs around loose in the forward line picking up cheap possessions.  He is 50/50 running into an open goal.  Its laughable.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #342 on: August 13, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »
Nahas < Edwards.

Nahas has missed goals from the goal line because he has no left foot and falls to ground more often with less pressure. Edwards has been great since moving to the forward line.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #343 on: August 13, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »

Robbie Nahas is a gun, if you can't see it, it your own individual fault.
Stop acting like your fishing an acting fisherman  :shh

HEY! HEY!...:(

TigerTimeII

« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2012, 05:49:49 PM »
Nahas < Edwards.

Nahas has missed goals from the goal line because he has no left foot and falls to ground more often with less pressure. Edwards has been great since moving to the forward line.

dont worry jvt u cant argue with unplugged as he is unplugged , we know nahas chokes is weak and misses very easy shots, edwards misses are mostly under pressure in reflex shots with tight angles

edwards is so much better than nahas its not even funny