Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 34493 times)

richmondrules

Re: Nahas promoted to the senior list (Age)
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »
There you go  ;D

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2009, 10:03:35 AM »
Yeah, hopefully he can mirror his performance at Coburg for Richmond. All the best Robin!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2009, 10:24:31 AM »
Richmond livewire Robin Nahas has been elevated to the Club’s senior list, replacing Kane Johnson.

Johnson injured his knee during the NAB Cup match against Collingwood and has been placed on the long term injury list.

So this means Polak isn't on the LTIL  :help  :pray :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2009, 10:29:39 AM »
Looks like Johnson will be out until around mid year then as he now can't play at any level until Round 9 and will need to get match fitness.
I'm sure some people will be happy about that, and Kane at under 100% fitness has often been a liability, however when he's fit he's still a very good player and I think our team will miss his leadership

Haters please form an orderly queue to the left

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »
I'm sure some people will be happy about that, and Kane at under 100% fitness has often been a liability, however when he's fit he's still a very good player and I think our team will miss his leadership

I agree with that Imfamy.. I know I am in the minoirty but I really do agree with the leadership bit  :thumbsup

(haters to Imfamy first thanks  ;D)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2009, 11:18:28 AM »
Robin Nahas Nickname = Boy Wonder surely?
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2009, 02:16:24 PM »
Looks like Johnson will be out until around mid year then as he now can't play at any level until Round 9 and will need to get match fitness.

Johnson when fit is our best tagger and worth being in our best XXII

Johnson > Jackson

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2009, 04:20:06 PM »
Johnson when fit is our best tagger and worth being in our best XXII

Johnson > Jackson

Maybe but his time is just about done now, being put on the LTIL is probably the final nail in his coften for his playing career.

Time to move on and develop a better and younger version, be that who it may Jackson, Polo, Hislop, King etc.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2009, 11:42:25 PM »
It wasn't the most silky display you'll see (could have kicked 4 if he was on target) but Robin should get a lot of the credit for getting us back into the game early after North jumped us and then kick on in the second qtr with his sheer hard work and desperation. He probably had a quiter second half but he was in everything busting his gut in the first half. I gave him a vote.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »
I gave him a vote to MT. I thought his efforts and Jack's efforts in the forward line were pleasing especially once Richo went off. His tackling and second efforts were great. Something we have not been renowned for.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2009, 11:58:53 PM »
Rising Star?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2009, 12:01:23 AM »
He might be too old. I think he is 21. Not sure GR.
Maybe someone can confirm. If he is eligible why not.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2009, 08:04:57 AM »
Rising Star?

I would like to think that Rance is our next most likely nomination.  Nahas has shown glimpses and enough to justify a couple of chances, and last night showed a good deal, but Rance has been great since his first game and getting better with each one.  Not sure where Thursfield fits in now to be honest.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Small Tiger bares claws to make big impression (Age)
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2009, 05:44:46 PM »
Small Tiger bares claws to make big impression
Martin Blake | April 26, 2009

CUSTOMARILY, it is a piece of Matthew Richardson's eccentric brilliance that turns the tide for Richmond. It has been so for years. But last night it was a boy from Melbourne who has spent three years in the VFL trying to prove that size does not matter who did the business.

Robin Nahas is 172 centimetres tall and weighs just 67 kilograms. He looks like he should be riding trackwork at Flemington rather than bouncing up against the gladiators of the AFL and being tossed around like a rag doll. Yet he refuses to bow to any logic.

Nahas, 21, has played three fine seasons for Port Melbourne and only cracked it for a senior AFL game when he was rookie listed by Richmond, and elevated to the primary list upon the injury to Richmond's former captain, Kane Johnson. Last night he played like it mattered in just his third game, burrowing into contested situations, sticking his tackles, attaching himself to bigger men like a gadfly, a 21st century version of Tony Liberatore.

The man-child inspired Richmond, especially in the first half, as it rolled over North Melbourne. Richardson twanged a hamstring early in the second quarter and was largely invisible. But Richmond found another way to break the ice and relieve the pressure on Terry Wallace.

Of course, there was some luck involved. The Tigers would argue they were overdue, but in any event, 13 minutes into the game Daniel Jackson buried North's captain and best player Brent Harvey in a tackle on the half-forward flank, and Harvey stayed down. Harvey would jog off with help from a trainer, his face contorted in pain, and not return. A dislocated left elbow was the diagnosis, a rare injury in football and a serious one.

Harvey's absence hurt North Melbourne badly. The Roos also had Michael Firrito under duress with a leg injury, suffered a minute after the Harvey incident, when the Roos had kicked the first three goals of the game. Lachie Hansen went down later clutching a hamstring in the final quarter, and North ran out of players.

But it would be wrong to downplay Richmond's effort too much. Wallace had lost his best player, Richardson, for a big stretch of the game with a leg injury, too, and while Richo was able to come back on to the ground in the third quarter, he had no impact.

With hindsight it is so clear. The Tigers were never as bad as they were playing in rounds one to four, which is the nature of football. Teams can lose their collective mojo and then the pressure is suffocating, especially at this level.

Last night the pressure valve eased open and suddenly Richmond found that it had some run and carry (through Brett Deledio and Jordan McMahon and newcomer Andrew Collins). It found that the back six, led by Joel Bowden and hard-as-teak tackling and pressure from Chris Newman, could stand up, holding North to just seven goals. It found that Jack Riewoldt (three goals) could present and pack mark and turn around and kick straight up forward and that a pair of inexperienced ruckman (Adam Pattison and Angus Graham) could be competitive.

The Tigers surged to the lead in the second quarter and were never headed.

By three-quarter-time they were 27 points up and then it became a celebration, the breaking of the drought. Deledio, who rose as the game wore on, sprinted through the middle of the ground early in the final quarter on a two-bounce run, looped a handball to Bowden, who drilled it. Bowden, who has seen the worst of times at Punt Road, arched back with both fists outstretched.

Richmond's fans exulted. For now, their pain has eased, and you would not read about it. The Tigers are only a game or so out of the top eight.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/small-tiger-bares-claws-to-make-big-impression/2009/04/26/1240606660223.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Small Tiger bares claws to make big impression (Age)
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2009, 06:46:17 PM »
Small Tiger bares claws to make big impression
Martin Blake | April 26, 2009

With hindsight it is so clear. The Tigers were never as bad as they were playing in rounds one to four, which is the nature of football. Teams can lose their collective mojo and then the pressure is suffocating, especially at this level.

Hallelujah!  The first piece of truthful and insightful journalism in the past weeks of trash.  Well done Martin Blake.  Now, if only some posters on here could be so rational.