Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 34481 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nahas promoted to the senior list (Age)
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 12:56:57 PM »
am i?  if you say so! i guess that is because you know me oh so well.
oops, im late for my KKK meeting, naughty me  :rollin
best not forget my tar and feathers on the way hey!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »
From all reports Nahas has failed to impress during the preseason and coburgs first hitout so this is a surprize move from the Tigers.

Wrong. Apparently Nahas has been very impressive in the preseason (obviously not in the NAB cup though). And he was imo clearly BOG in Coburgs praccy match on the weekend. Had 25+ touches and kicked 4 goals. He was one of the 3 standouts alongside Rance and Polo

Slap! :help

Thanks for the clarification. I did actually mean the preseason cup but good to hear he was one of the standouts playing for Coburg.

Stripes

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »
First up stick the topic people and stop with the insults  and NO I don't care who started it, who said what..... >:( :banghead

I thought Nahas played well for Coburg on the weekend but I just worry about how will go in the AFL - he struggled a bit in the NAB Cup keeping up with the pace of the game...that's my only concern

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »
First up stick the topic people and stop with the insults  and NO I don't care who started it, who said what..... >:( :banghead

I thought Nahas played well for Coburg on the weekend but I just worry about how will go in the AFL - he struggled a bit in the NAB Cup keeping up with the pace of the game...that's my only concern

i do not think nahas struggled that much, i believe he was not used enough when he found space, maybe he was hard to see being so small, but during the nab is was the same old story , bomb it long and not lower the eyes for better options

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »
Does this mean we are going to replace one skinny kid (Edwards) with another (Nahas).Playing Geelong we will need strong mature bodies -not players who look like they are still in high school..........How close is Thomson to selection?
Give Nahas a go later on by all means but horses for courses
Unleash the tornado

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »
who is racist, probably 90% of people here are just afraid to admit it.  But not me , i hate everyone equally lol

you idiot

apologise for being such a narrow minded bigot

and dont pm again either

racist pri!ck

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
Stick to the topic  ::)

Does this mean we are going to replace one skinny kid (Edwards) with another (Nahas).Playing Geelong we will need strong mature bodies -not players who look like they are still in high school..........How close is Thomson to selection?
Give Nahas a go later on by all means but horses for courses
Maybe although Edwards was played out of position. He should never have been played in the backline as he had no idea how to play back there.

I know Nahas was one of Coburg's best on the weekend and he kicked 50 goals last year for Port because he is quick and can apply forward pressure but he didn't do anything during the NAB Cup to warrant promotion so from an outsider's view it's a strange decision. Sounds more like we want to swing the axe and this gives us more options to do so.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 07:26:40 PM »
Well Nahas be ready for it, if you don't go out there and pick up 30+ possessions, kick 8 goals, 7 goal assists and 10 tackles you will cop the wrath of a few people on this forum!!!

Well done to Nahas I hope he ENJOYS his first game in the seniors.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 07:39:17 PM »
who is racist, probably 90% of people here are just afraid to admit it.  But not me , i hate everyone equally lol

you idiot

apologise for being such a narrow minded bigot

and dont pm again either

racist pri!ck

take a good haed look at yourself and grow up
btw, look who is breaking forum rules here
would you like me to avoid the swear filter and personally attack you
you are so classy

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »
Well Nahas be ready for it, if you don't go out there and pick up 30+ possessions, kick 8 goals, 7 goal assists and 10 tackles you will cop the wrath of a few people on this forum!!!

Well done to Nahas I hope he ENJOYS his first game in the seniors.
The good thing for Nahas is everyone expects Geelong to flog us. So even if he has a decent game then he would do far more than most of the side did against Carlton. No pressure on him whatsoever. He just needs to go out play his natural game.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »
Totally agre MT, lets hope he doesn't freeze up and get too nervous, he needs to just play his game.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 08:33:09 PM »
Totally agre MT, lets hope he doesn't freeze up and get too nervous, he needs to just play his game.
Agree WAT. Let's hope Nahas being slightly older than the usual draftee and all his VFL experience playing open age footy can settle the nerves down quickly. All the best to him on debut.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2009, 06:49:03 AM »
Nahas comes in as Tigers face axe
Michael Gleeson and Adam Cooper | April 1, 2009

SMALL forward Robin Nahas shapes as likely to be among the group of players Richmond turns to repair the damage of its breathtaking opening round loss to Carlton. Nahas was last night promoted to the Tigers' senior list and would likely come into immediate calculation for the side to play the Cats down at Geelong this weekend.
Richmond had two senior list vacancies with Kayne Pettifer and Graeme Polak both on the long-term injury list.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/nahas-comes-in-as-tigers-face-axe/2009/03/31/1238261580149.html

There is nothing on RFC or the AFL website about this.  Is it true the he "HAS" been promoted or are they just speculating? I personally cant see it based on the reports from the Couburg game, but hey the coaches know what they are doing (or should at least).

I am asking this again  . I see nothing on the RFC website or the AFL one to confirm this.  HAS he been promoted or not??
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

richmondrules

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2009, 07:51:51 AM »
I don't think it's going to matter how often you ask Fluffy, I don't think anyone knows. The original article is the only mention I have seen so I think we are all in the same boat.

The fact that the original article appeared in The Age lends it some credibility but it is not 100% certain it is accurate. Believe it or not papers don't always get it right. (I know that really comes as a shock). If it was the HUN I'd be even more doubtful.

I guess we're just going to have to wait and see.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2009, 09:35:21 AM »
Nahas elevated to senior list

Richmond livewire Robin Nahas has been elevated to the Club’s senior list, replacing Kane Johnson.

Johnson injured his knee during the NAB Cup match against Collingwood and has been placed on the long term injury list.

After arriving at the Club via pick eight in the 2008 Rookie Draft, Nahas made an immediate impact on the training track, eventually earning a place in the Tigers’ NAB Cup opener against Fremantle.

The 21-year-old kicked a goal in that match, before playing in the next two NAB series matches against Collingwood and St Kilda.

He has since booted eight goals in two practice match appearances for Richmond’s VFL affiliate, Coburg.

The small forward is renowned for his tackling and goalkicking nous, after his 50-goal performance for Port Melbourne in the VFL last season, which earned him the league’s best young player award.

Nahas is the second Richmond rookie to be elevated so far this season, after ruckman Andrew Browne replaced Kayne Pettifer for a round one debut. for richmondfc.com.au

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/74216/default.aspx