Author Topic: Robin Nahas [merged]  (Read 34335 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Polak onto long-term injury list and career in limbo / Nahas promoted (Age)
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 06:16:54 PM »
So Eddie and all those heartless self-serving clubs that blocked it - Polly playing Coburg ressies was a real threat to you wasn't he ::).

Anyway congrats to Robin. He's obviously impressed all those at the club  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Rookie Pick 8: Robin Nahas
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2009, 09:22:36 AM »
Nahas will have to wait to round 11 to be promoted....

Richmond's VFL recruit Robin Nahas may have to wait for a long-term injury to play senior football despite showing his class pre-season.

Graham Polak made his comeback on Friday, disproving reports he would go on the long-term injury list to make room for Nahas.

Port Adelaide is in a similar position with rookies after it put second-round draftee Jackson Trengove on its long-term injury list.

Dynamic indigenous goalsneak Wade Thompson and former Richmond midfielder Danny Meyer have impressed in pre-seasons matches and are candidates for elevation.

Port football manager Peter Rohde confirmed the club had extended the carrot of a senior game for the pair if they continued to impress.

This year all clubs can also elevate a rookie after Round 11 without putting a player on the long-term injured list.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25157517-19742,00.html

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 09:24:44 PM »
nahas would need to improve 5 fold to warrant promotion ...Im looking to browne and gourdis to lay claims before robin gets a look in...needs to spend more time with the footy , less chasing tail
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »
nahas would need to improve 5 fold to warrant promotion ...Im looking to browne and gourdis to lay claims before robin gets a look in...needs to spend more time with the footy , less chasing tail
So far Browne has been the most promising of the 3 IMO. Agree BJ Nahas has to get his hands of the footy before he's considered but he's still ahead of Gourdis. Dave's kicking is still a major issue for mine.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Robin Nahas put on the trade table [updated]
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 05:38:21 AM »
Nahas comes in as Tigers face axe
Michael Gleeson and Adam Cooper | April 1, 2009

SMALL forward Robin Nahas shapes as likely to be among the group of players Richmond turns to repair the damage of its breathtaking opening round loss to Carlton. Nahas was last night promoted to the Tigers' senior list and would likely come into immediate calculation for the side to play the Cats down at Geelong this weekend.

The exciting small forward and midfielder, a mature rookie who had a couple of years at Port Melbourne, impressed the coaching staff over the pre-season and was unlucky not to be promoted to the senior list a fortnight ago when ruckman Andrew Browne was chosen instead.

Richmond had two senior list vacancies with Kayne Pettifer and Graeme Polak both on the long-term injury list.

The Tigers are expected to make a handful of changes this week with running player Jordan McMahon likely to be dropped and full-back Will Thursfield will come under intense pressure to hold his place. Alex Rance, Tom Hislop and Dean Polo are all in contention to play.

Full article at:
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/nahas-comes-in-as-tigers-face-axe/2009/03/31/1238261580149.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:14:15 AM by one-eyed »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Nahas promoted to the senior list (Age)
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 07:20:15 AM »
Richmond had two senior list vacancies with Kayne Pettifer and Graeme Polak both on the long-term injury list.

Polly - that's a surprise
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 09:07:08 AM »

rumour has it sugar will be on the LTIL

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 09:46:04 AM »
Nahas comes in as Tigers face axe
Michael Gleeson and Adam Cooper | April 1, 2009

SMALL forward Robin Nahas shapes as likely to be among the group of players Richmond turns to repair the damage of its breathtaking opening round loss to Carlton. Nahas was last night promoted to the Tigers' senior list and would likely come into immediate calculation for the side to play the Cats down at Geelong this weekend.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/nahas-comes-in-as-tigers-face-axe/2009/03/31/1238261580149.html

There is nothing on RFC or the AFL website about this.  Is it true the he "HAS" been promoted or are they just speculating? I personally cant see it based on the reports from the Couburg game, but hey the coaches know what they are doing (or should at least).
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 09:46:26 AM »

rumour has it sugar will be on the LTIL

Quote your source esp if it just another forum.

and please lay off the racist remarks, they are not wanted here.

'65

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »
Or is this another one of those 1st of the 4th posts. The other was obvious but this reads well so I am unsure.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 10:08:59 AM »
From all reports Nahas has failed to impress during the preseason and coburgs first hitout so this is a surprize move from the Tigers. My only explanation is that the coaches see that our forward defensive pressure is terrible (something like 2 tackles to 13 in the F50 last week!) and our goal crumbing was woeful so they are hoping against hope that Nahas can fill that role regardless of his current form.

What a baptism of fire for any new inclusion given the calibre of the this weeks opposition. Anyone who can perform this week will be a find indeed.

I would imagine that he would be placed straight into the team as the Tigers are reluctant to elevate a rookie, and therefore pay them a higher wage, without getting their money's worth. So, assuming the article is correct, expect Nahas to be in the team this week.

Stripes

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 10:33:45 AM »
Also just read that conditions will be poor and that with the new stands being built at Skilled it is creating very unpredictable wind blasts. This means ground level play will be very important and skillful delivery very difficult. This could be another reason why Nahas has been elevated because crumbing forwards will be essential in this type of game. Could also be why Hislop, Polo and Rance could get a game over other taller/'skillful' players such as Bowden and McMahon.

Looking forward to seeing the team lists this week

Stripes

Offline Ball!

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »
From all reports Nahas has failed to impress during the preseason and coburgs first hitout so this is a surprize move from the Tigers.

Wrong. Apparently Nahas has been very impressive in the preseason (obviously not in the NAB cup though). And he was imo clearly BOG in Coburgs praccy match on the weekend. Had 25+ touches and kicked 4 goals. He was one of the 3 standouts alongside Rance and Polo

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 12:19:33 PM »
who is racist, probably 90% of people here are just afraid to admit it.  But not me , i hate everyone equally lol

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 12:47:05 PM »
who is racist, probably 90% of people here are just afraid to admit it.  But not me , i hate everyone equally lol

You are racist if your actions and words are deemed by others to be racist.