Author Topic: Intraclub Game - Thursday Feb 5 @ Gosch's Paddock  (Read 18474 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Intraclub Game - Thursday Feb 5 @ Gosch's Paddock
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2009, 12:31:26 PM »
Robert Shaw on SEN

List is very healthy.

Johnson, Tambling, Cotchin and Pettifer didn't play.

Cousins going at 60%, ideal hit out. Played on White. Could play him in Round 1 NAB cup sparingly. Kicks were good, very smart.

Encouraging practice game, competitive and very good match-ups.

Coughlan - good solid game, didn't set world on fire, valuable minutes into the legs.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »
went down today

Cousins was clearly BOG absolute silk
Lids played well
Brown got alot of the ball
Collins has improved from last season.
Thought young Gus competed well in the ruck
Nahas should be elevated immediately
Young Jack Riewalt has improved again
Jackson got alot of the ball

No injuries that I could see.

Cuz Simmo and Brown got a lift back to the club after the 2nd quarter.

Speaking as a devout hetrosexual, Cuz is an incredible specimen of a man

richmondrules

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2009, 01:33:06 PM »
Cuz Simmo and Brown got a lift back to the club after the 2nd quarter.

Speaking as a devout hetrosexual, Cuz is an incredible specimen of a man

As an outsider looking in I hope Cuz and Brown develop a friendship. I would think Brown would be good for him. He's a social type but not (apparently) involved in the sort of stuff that has got Cuz into trouble in the past.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »
Cheers wayne and blaisee :cheers.

Cousins had 12 possies in a half. He got through fine  :thumbsup but Royal said it's the most footy Cuz has played by a long shot so they're going to see how he pulls up. So he won't play against Freo but it was a successful comeback to footy.

I'll go into more depth later but as a quickie here's the final score and goalkickers I wrote down:

Blacks     4.3     9.5      11.7     12.12-84
Whites    2.1     2.4        6.6       7.9-51

Blacks:
Goals: Riewoldt 3, Morton 2.3, Hughes 2.1, Foley, Bowden, Richo, Deledio, Nahas
bhds: Deledio 0.3, Patto, Hislop (touched), Coburg #17, rushed 0.2

Whites:
Goals: Putt 2.2, Post 1.1, Connors, Collins, Gilligan, Coburg #11
bhds: Cousins, Polak, Graham, Coburg #35, Coburg #17, rushed

Teams:

Blacks:        
1. Rainesy   -> 4. in the whites 2nd qtr
3. Lids
5. Simmo
7. Browny
8. Jack
11. Bowden
12. Richo
13. McMahon
18. Rance
20. Morton
22. Nahas
23. Jackson
25. Schulz
26. Patto
27. Hislop
34. Hughes
35. White
38. Vickery
39. Connors -> 39. in the whites 2nd qtr onwards
41. Foley
46. King
Coburg players #1, #17, #44

Whites:
2. Thursfield
6. Polak
9. Gilligan
10. Edwards  ->   played with blacks 2nd qtr onwards
14. Polo
15. Newman
19. Putt
21. Tuck
22. JON
24. Cogs
31. Thomson
32. Cousins
36. Silvester
37. Post
38. Browne
40. Moore
42. Collins
44. Graham
3. Matt Deledio (Lids' brother)
Coburg players #11, #18, #35
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2009, 01:56:49 PM »

I'll go into more depth later but as a quickie here's the final score and goalkickers I wrote down:

Looking forward to it.  :bow

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 02:12:32 PM »
Brian Royal and some footage of the match.

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/105806

richmondrules

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »
Nice to be able to do this the other way for a change.

Good report on Y&B

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=222062&postcount=19

Thanks sezza.  :thumbsup

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »
Thanks RROFO, that was a good report, I would give him some rep if I could  :)

Can't wait for MT's report.

What can you say about JON and Hughes apart from it's early and hopefully they will come good.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »
Intra-club match report
Herald-Sun blog
Captain Blood   Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:47 pm

BEN COUSINS - played on a wing before being whisked away in a car at halftime. Started slowly but dominated the second quarter showing some real pace and skill. Hasn't lost anything.

MARK COUGHLAN - played in the centre square all day and took a while to warm up but did some nice work in close as the game wore on. Looks a bit rusty but got through OK (at least until I left)

SHANE EDWARDS - Super impressive playing through the middle of the ground, even after swapping sides at quarter-time. Could be ready to graduate to a midfield role this season.

ALEX RANCE - A unit. Will play this year for sure as a key backman.

ANDREW RAINES - back to his old self, showing plenty of dash out of defence.

BRETT DELEDIO - uncharacteristically missed a couple of targets but looked a class above everyone else. Had a clone wearing No.3 for the other side - must have been his older brother Matt who has been signed by Coburg. He moves exactly like his brother and did a couple of nice things himself.

TYRONE VICKERY - Played in stints in the ruck and looked very raw, but not out of place.

JAYDEN POST - Took one great mark and slotted a couple of goals as a forward. Looks a likely prospect.

NATHAN FOLEY - Played like a man possessed in the first half before fading a little. Took on everyone running through the middle and looks determined to make up for a disappointing 2008.

ADAM THOMSON - Got his hands on the ball a fair bit and could be a handy pick-up.

TOM HISLOP - Kicked a goal early but didn't see much of him after that.

ROBIN NAHAS - Our first pick in the rookie draft was very lively as a small half-forward type. One to watch.

ANDREW COLLINS - Played in the centre for most of the game and worked his way into it well. Had an excellent third quarter. Still looks like a 14yo kid.

CLEVE HUGHES - Has gone the buzz cut. Not a good look, Cleve. Kicked a nice goal though.

RICHO - Played only one quarter but managed to put on his usual show. He started on a wing against Deal Polo and drifted into the forward line to take a couple of classic pack marks. Made a meal of one shot at goal in close then slotted one from 45m out on the boundary. You gotta love him.

Anyone else who was at the game - feel free to add your comments (especially about the last quarter!). Also I saw Jay Shulz hobble off in the third term but no idea if it's anything serious - updates welcome.

Eat em alive!
Captain Blood

http://superfootyforum.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1942

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

richmondrules

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 02:47:10 PM »
... I would give him some rep if I could  :)

I thought you had a Y&B account?

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »
thanks for the posts folks  great work  getting real excited now  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2009, 03:06:21 PM »
Good to read an opposition report on the match.

From TalkingCarlton

Quote from: Dr.SHERRIN
I popped along to Gosch's Paddock this morning for the Tiges first intra-club hitout...along with about 1000 others that included Carlton's Brett Munro, Matthew Lappin and Brendan Fevola. Coaches from the Bulldogs and Collingwood also keen lookers on...

Most were probably there to get a glimpse of 'Benny' Cousins - and you can understand why. Seeing the Tigers is an absolute nightmare in the summer...they train all over the place, mostly Victoria Park during the pre-season, sometimes Sandringham...in a few years it'll be permanently at Craigieburn and the club had it's family day at Glen Waverley. The club rarely gives its supporters the right information re: training times and locations and it makes you appreciate just how lucky we are that we have our one home ground that has such history attached to it...not many clubs can say that.

Ok - let's get on to the main focus...Benny. I've gotta tell you - I was ready to come on here and say how 'ineffective a player I think he will be' for them in 2009. It seems that's not going to be the case. Cousins is the bit of midfield depth the Tigers need. He was so easy to spot today, not only because he is so cut - but because he has clean hands, his disposal is excellent and he runs to the right places. While his first 25 minutes was quiet - his second 25 were outstanding.

That last point is important - because the Tiges had a few out there who ran around like chickens with their head cut off and every football basic they should have learnt from their under-12 coach went out the window. Jake King, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Tom Hislop, Daniel Jackson and Angus Graham to mention a few...(not referring to any Coburg listed players out there today - they don't count).

Surprisingly - a couple of the young rookies impressed. Alroy Gilligan and Robin Nahas saw limited game time, but used it well as small forwards. Nahas will play senior footy this year I have little doubt.

The 'A' listers are easy to spot at Richmond. Deledio is a gun. He might not have had his kicking boot on today, but that's minor...he is not in Judd's league at the stoppages - but as a midfielder pushing forward to become a marking and goalkicking option, he's one of the best going around. Nathan Foley saw a lot of it and looks fit and fast. Chris Newman and Joel Bowden are still reliable across half-back, Kel Moore looks like he will continue to develop into a very good fullback and Shane Edwards is another classy mid who will make many look stupid this year, such is this kids excellent footwork.

Richo had a run around and looks good as well...played on a wing and pushed into half-forward. Coughlan tried hard, but will take time to get back to the pace of AFL footy, and Tyrone Vickery played in the ruck. Moves very well - but I don't reckon he's a ruckman. Vickery is a forward in my eyes and that's where I'd play him...a fit Simmonds, and the Tigers look alright down forward with Jack Riewoldt and Nathan Brown providing another avenue to goal.

Their forward line looks very good - their midfield looks good - and i'd suggest their backline is their biggest area of concern, only because of depth issues. While you can't take much away from an intra-club played on Gosch's paddock - those there would have learned a little about the Tigers today...if everything goes right for them this year - they just might find themselves in the box seat.

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20031&start=440

richmondrules

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2009, 03:18:06 PM »
Could you have found the elusive "intelligent" Carlton supporter?  :o :o :o