Author Topic: Intraclub Game - Thursday Feb 5 @ Gosch's Paddock  (Read 18472 times)

richmondrules

Re: Intraclub Game - Thursday Feb 5 @ Gosch's Paddock
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2009, 08:22:17 PM »
Could you have found the elusive "intelligent" Carlton supporter?  :o :o :o

Aren't they all a myth like Cyclops or the Loch Ness Monster
or extinct like the do-do.

I actually heard the elusive "intelligent" Carlton supporter? and the sasquatch were one and the same.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »
Great reports everyone and thank you so much. MT I think they will play Cog's over here in the NAB Cup IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »

Aren't they all a myth like Cyclops or the Loch Ness Monster
or extinct like the do-do.

I actually heard the elusive "intelligent" Carlton supporter? and the sasquatch were one and the same

Hey RROFO show abit of respect to the Sasquatch. Don't hurt its feelings and demean its stature by comparing it to a Carlscum supporter. :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:09 PM »
The best thing about this game was NO INJURIES.... :whistle :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2009, 10:55:40 PM »
NO. 11 WAS A KID CALLED DARCY DOVE FROM CALDER CANNON AND 44 WAS HAMISH DAHL FROM BENDIGO.BOTH WILL PLAY WITH COBURG. ;)
Cheers for that SUGARWINTON  :cheers. Both played well in the second half. I know everyone I watched the game with were impressed especially with Dahl and as they are Coburg watchers they'll be keeping an eye out on him this year to see if he can keep up what he showed today and put himself forward as a possible rookie ruckman candidate for Richmond.

Edwards just has it. 8)
Hopefully he really adds something to our midfield this year.
I was hoping our 2006 draftees would step up a gear this year. I'm feeling more confident now with Jack, Shane and hopefully Connors as well.

Pretty funny when number 9 for the black team - IDFK who he was either, got the ball and Browny just looks at him and yells number 9 number 9 here number 9 give it here number 9 :rollin funny sh*t
:lol

The kid would feel home at Melbourne lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2009, 10:56:44 PM »
The best thing about this game was NO INJURIES.... :whistle :clapping
Exactly  :thumbsup

Schulz went off in the 3rd qtr but he apparently is okay.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2009, 11:36:30 PM »
hello everyone,

i was down there today. behind the goals near the toll freeway. so my viewing for the opposite goals was hard to tell.

just some questions ...

i did not recognise Hislop. what number was he???

Jay was playing in the "Whites No.25". No.42 for the "Whites" impressed me after half time. Collins i heard.

as i left, i saw Connors (White; No.39) spriting between witches hats on the other oval. (after the match finished).

noticed a lot of new faces, so guessing they were Coburg players. who was No.9 in the Black???

saw Trent Cotchin, with no limp on that achilles.

Jay went off before full time limping??? how is he??? saw Gourdis with a massive ice bag on his left ankle.

does anybody know why Tambling did not play???

and ... in all seriousness ... was Terry Wallace at the match??? i could not see him???

i tired to take pictures, but was too interested in who was on who ...

i thought McGuane is terrific in defence (hard at it) just needs muscle on him.

Nahas looks dangerous around goal, so hopefully he puts on muscle.

i don't know about other people's opinion, but Hughes was disappointing. Reiwoldt and Morton were decent.

Morton was wearing No.30 for "The Blacks"

great to see Coughlan playing i think 3 quarters and getting in and under. someone on this thread said he "didn't set the world on fire" which i agree.

Brown i hardly noticed, 1st quarter - touched it a couple of times. second quarter i have no idea.

Matthew Richardson i heard a number of times "crack the sh**s" at anybody that didn't pass to him.

yet, Richardson is our match-winner. pray he never gets injured again, because he looks like a weapon.

i liked Joel Bowden in the forward line. and a couple of times in the backline he had a go at different players.

"f***ing punch the ball" he said to somebody, and the crowd laughed!

Reiwoldt still is skinny, IMO. saw him closely and was disappointed with his build. though was decent today and definatly a key at Richmond.

Morton is a genuin half forward. 30/40 plus goals this year, hoping.

Shane Edwards has got some great magic skills. saw some tricks in front of me. and just needs to get more football in the real deal.

i noticed that our midfield start up and forwards line was interesting.

Midfield for the Whites had; Coughlan, Tuck, Cousins, Thomson (there was more, but that was all i could see)
Blacks; Jackson, White and obviously more ...

but those players to me is, Whites our best line up midfield VS our second best midfield. i think Deledio was in the black midfields.

then, our forward line was the best with the blacks, and second with the whites. to me was more a balancing the team.

the defence for the whites was our best backs (Thursfield switched into blacks later)

and the blacks i noticed - McMahon and Rance.

obviously there was more, but was looking around for the man Ben ...

i thought ben could of played one more quarter ... i know he was only playing one half. but thought he was getting the feel again.

he is defenetly a class player. and i think Wing is his best position at the moment. he looks dangerous on that wing.

i think a bit of "Brownlow Ben Form" will take time to come back. but diffenetly in the starting 18, in round one!!!

i still think our entry into the forward 50 is bad. maybe because our forwards are leadings to early or too late.

why does Wallace like McMahon??? ROFLMFAO!!!

good to see Polak running.

Raines had those typical run throughs which were great to see. (i think he was in the white no.4)???

who was number 5 in the white??? was that Gourdis???

Oakley Nicholls better change, or else he will get delisted.

those are my thoughts people. early to tell, though, overall happy to see Cousins and Coughlan and NO injuries i think servive!!!

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2009, 12:03:17 AM »

what a moron of a carlton supporter. thinking our backline is our biggest weakness.  clearly has no idea.  anyone that has any knowlege of our team knows that's not the case.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2009, 01:15:58 AM »
Mike headed down to Gosch's paddock today as well...

The Club sold a heap of merchandise (and hopefully memberships too).

Cousins - Looked hesistant in the first quarter but was very good in the second. Healy mentioned from the vision he's seen that it looked as though Cousins wasn't accelerating and fully striding out like the old Cuz we knew at the Eagles. Mike agreed but he believed that would've been an instruction from the Club so Cuz didn't over do it.

Polak - was shakey in the first 20 minutes but once Cousins hit him lace out and Polly marked it, he looked to gain a fair bit of confidence from that.

Mike is apparently writing a piece tomorrow on how Cousins was whisked away by car at half-time yet Richo who is the soul of Richmond had to walk back to Punt Rd. Cuz did walk to Gosch's paddock with Foley, Newy and others.

alot of noise is being made about cousins getting a lift back to the club in a car. He wasnt alone, Simmo and brown and a trainer drove him back to do a running session.

MT is right about post though, IMHO he has gone right past rance in one practise game, Post played a great game, very ptomsing indeed

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2009, 01:35:40 AM »
Who was the fat red hair kid?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2009, 02:24:29 AM »

what a moron of a carlton supporter. thinking our backline is our biggest weakness.  clearly has no idea.  anyone that has any knowlege of our team knows that's not the case.
Saying our backline is our biggest weakness is the biggest example of THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK in the history of mankind.
What a tool...
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pics of Intraclub Game
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2009, 05:23:27 AM »
OER pics:

Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Whitey pulls a face at a stoppage // Whitey looks up the field for an option with Patto by his side

Gimme that gimme gimme gimme that thing //  Blacks half-time huddle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pics of Intraclub Game
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2009, 05:24:39 AM »
Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Whites half-time huddle

Hislop and Cogs have eyes for the ball at a stoppage // Don't forget the ball Deano

richmondrules

« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2009, 07:38:52 AM »
Jay went off before full time limping??? how is he???

Has a small injury. Won't play NAB 1 according to reports.

does anybody know why Tambling did not play???

In Darwin. TW gave the all clear for him to play the indigenous game, he's now in the squad.

why does Wallace like McMahon??? ROFLMFAO!!!

Reports I have read, from posters I respect, suggest he played well.

Thanks for the report torch.  :thumbsup