Author Topic: Intraclub Game - Thursday Feb 5 @ Gosch's Paddock  (Read 18496 times)

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
Re: Intraclub Game - Thursday Feb 5 @ Gosch's Paddock
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2009, 07:43:37 AM »
nice pics one-eyed. Good to see Tigers prowling the parks again.

richmondrules

« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2009, 07:50:02 AM »
Could you have found the elusive "intelligent" Carlton supporter?  :o :o :o

what a moron of a carlton supporter. thinking our backline is our biggest weakness.  clearly has no idea.  anyone that has any knowlege of our team knows that's not the case.

Meh, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I was impressed with the reasonableness of his assessment. Less rabid than I am accustomed to from a Carlton supporter. Normally you can picture the strings of saliva slowly dripping from their mouths as they speak.

The back line last year, though settled, did leak quite a few goals last year. We may have scored over 100 points most of the time in the last few games but so did the opposition. I realise there are other reasons for this but from the point of view of an outsider looking in, who probably doesn't take that much of an interest, I can see why they might feel our back line is a weakness.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »
Geez is Matty White(pic 2) a unit now or what?
I guess evidence of this is that he took Cuz yesterday.
Looks like TW is grooming him for a tagging role, still I see him as our best option at BP & maybe rotating otb.

Ta for the pics cyclops. :)

Ramps

« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
Mike headed down to Gosch's paddock today as well...

The Club sold a heap of merchandise (and hopefully memberships too).

Cousins - Looked hesistant in the first quarter but was very good in the second. Healy mentioned from the vision he's seen that it looked as though Cousins wasn't accelerating and fully striding out like the old Cuz we knew at the Eagles. Mike agreed but he believed that would've been an instruction from the Club so Cuz didn't over do it.

Polak - was shakey in the first 20 minutes but once Cousins hit him lace out and Polly marked it, he looked to gain a fair bit of confidence from that.

Mike is apparently writing a piece tomorrow on how Cousins was whisked away by car at half-time yet Richo who is the soul of Richmond had to walk back to Punt Rd. Cuz did walk to Gosch's paddock with Foley, Newy and others.

alot of noise is being made about cousins getting a lift back to the club in a car. He wasnt alone, Simmo and brown and a trainer drove him back to do a running session.

MT is right about post though, IMHO he has gone right past rance in one practise game, Post played a great game, very ptomsing indeed

Rance is a defender whilst Post needs to be developed up forward because thats what we need. I dont necessarily think they are competing for the same spot. Both could easily play in the same 22.

Ox

« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2009, 01:26:20 PM »
Geez is Matty White(pic 2) a unit now or what?
I guess evidence of this is that he took Cuz yesterday.
Looks like TW is grooming him for a tagging role, still I see him as our best option at BP & maybe rotating otb.

Ta for the pics cyclops. :)

Whitey is a gun,imo.

Could b the kerr to cuz...watch this space

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2009, 03:01:05 PM »
i did not recognise Hislop. what number was he???
27 in the black.

No.42 for the "Whites" impressed me after half time. Collins i heard.
Yep it was Collo.

noticed a lot of new faces, so guessing they were Coburg players. who was No.9 in the Black???
Don't know.

and ... in all seriousness ... was Terry Wallace at the match??? i could not see him???
Plough and the coaches were watching while standing on the back trailer of that truck (see background of pic 8 above)

i thought ben could of played one more quarter ... i know he was only playing one half. but thought he was getting the feel again.
I agree he was getting the feel of the game in the last 10 minutes he was on. They have to be patient with his body though after 18 months out of footy. After half-time most of the senior boys had gone off and it was more a VFL game.

he is defenetly a class player. and i think Wing is his best position at the moment. he looks dangerous on that wing.
Yep agree Cuz will play 'outside' initially. Either wing or a HFF.

who was number 5 in the white??? was that Gourdis???
Another Coburg player or a borrowed Bundorra player. Gourdis didn't play. Gourdis was on the oval before the game having a kick-to-kick with Petts and Sugar.

overall happy to see Cousins and Coughlan and NO injuries i think servive!!!
After the Blues and Bombers intraclubs there's nothing but positives out of our intraclub  :thumbsup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2009, 03:15:54 PM »
IMHO he has gone right past rance in one practise game, Post played a great game, very ptomsing indeed
Based on yesterday true but there's still room for both eventually in the side. Rance in the more traditional CHB/key position backman role and Postie the more versatile running tall who can play anywhere - at both ends or on the wing. Sure they're massive shoes to fill and there won't be another Richo but it would mean we wouldn't have to change our team structure post-Richo.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2009, 03:34:46 PM »
I noticed in the video that Brett Ratten and Fev were watching the game.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2009, 04:57:59 PM »

I noticed in the video that Brett Ratten and Fev were watching the game.

After today I think they both have much more important things to worry about.   :scream

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2009, 06:46:51 PM »
IMHO he has gone right past rance in one practise game, Post played a great game, very ptomsing indeed
Based on yesterday true but there's still room for both eventually in the side. Rance in the more traditional CHB/key position backman role and Postie the more versatile running tall who can play anywhere - at both ends or on the wing. Sure they're massive shoes to fill and there won't be another Richo but it would mean we wouldn't have to change our team structure post-Richo.

Oh yes, totally agree with this, he can play forward, can play back, link in as a wingman, he has great hands, will be a very damaging player for us. I believe he is perfect for Richo's role. Rance will fit in nicely, in fact, if rance comes on the way i'm hoping he will, it will be a necessity to play them both. The big forwards are what bothers me, no one has taken ownership of those positions yet.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2009, 01:48:32 AM »
did Alory Gilligan play on Thursday?

could Post take the No.12 after Richardson retires??? (in 4 years time of course)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2009, 02:54:04 AM »
Whitey is a gun,imo.

Could b the kerr to cuz...watch this space

Defo improving Ox and doing everything in his capacity to be the best he can be. 8)
He'll need to go up a big notch this year though to be able to be mentioned in the same breath as Special K.

bushranger

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2009, 09:58:08 AM »
So with this nmatch we played. does that mean we have one win under our belts for season 09 ?  :lol

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »
So with this nmatch we played. does that mean we have one win under our belts for season 09 ?  :lol

and a loss ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2009, 05:37:13 AM »
did Alory Gilligan play on Thursday?
Yep. #9 in the Whites.

could Post take the No.12 after Richardson retires??? (in 4 years time of course)
I'd reckon the Club will "retire" the #12 for a while before handing it down. While Postie has like-attributes to play the role Richo is now playing on the wing, there is and will be only one Richo. It'd put too much pressure on a young player especially Postie to wear #12 straight after Richo gives it away.