Author Topic: Otto a man in demand  (Read 37897 times)

Offline disco08

• Tiger Rookie
  • They're real, and they're spectacular
Re: Otto a man in demand
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2004, 08:32:18 PM »

If he wants to go to the Cats - I'd want their 1st round draft pick and a player and I'd be asking for Scarlett or Harley or King to start with. As for the Pies - give me their 1st round pick and 2 players (maybe a Cole or a Ben Johnson) and I'd have a chat.

We have zero chance of getting Scarlett, Harley or King, even if you dropped the first round pick. IMO, the best we're going to get from Geelong would be James Kelly, although I doubt they'll want to part with him either. Realistically, guys like Wojcinski, Enright, Corey or Moloney fit the bill, plus their first pick obviously. Best case might be the Cats trading one of the above for a top 10 pick, then include that with another of those guys.

Nice to see alot of familiar faces here, particularly Ox! I've missed that little rocking dude. Nice looking site too.

And JohnF, glad to see you've got my dancing fat kid as your avatar. I don't know if it's fair inferring that he's related to spud though. This kid is one of the greatest suppliers of good mojo on earth.

Jackstar

« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2004, 08:52:33 PM »
Either Corey or Enright would do well at Tigerland ;)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2004, 10:25:29 PM »
lmfao Disco, we should do posts one after another for a comparison of before and after shots on our avatars.

Ox

« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2004, 11:32:08 PM »
Bless your heart Disco08 :cheers

Looking forward to reading your concise yet affable posts.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2004, 11:41:02 PM »
We have zero chance of getting Scarlett, Harley or King, even if you dropped the first round pick.

I know we zero chance of getting those players - but that's what I'd be asking for so everybody knows we wont be taking any teams discards. We want players who can offer something to the RFC not players who can't get a game or are near the end of their careers.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigers80

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2004, 02:41:23 AM »
i reckon we are in drivers seat here with otto, we have to stand our ground and by the sounds of it miller and co will be doing the talking come trade time...

about time we were in this position usually its the other way round....

i reckon geelong have been keen all along, Cook from geelong is a smart operator and they have obviously identified that Brad is the man they need to take them the next step....

whats the bet they have into brads mangement for a while, we have the merchandise they want so they will have to come to the party....

i reckon young Bradley still hasnt realised he was always gonna be expendable, thats why he was offered a reduced package, miller and co knew he would turn it down...

Offline disco08

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2004, 01:29:10 PM »
I know we zero chance of getting those players - but that's what I'd be asking for so everybody knows we wont be taking any teams discards. We want players who can offer something to the RFC not players who can't get a game or are near the end of their careers.

Fair enough, although I don't see the point in asking for something you know you are no chance of getting, it kind of makes you look silly. I actually think the best result we could get from the trade would be a top 10 pick and a good player no older than 24. I'd love to get Kelly, but Moloney would also be good. 20 years old with good pace and skills. We're in a good position already to pick up a top shelf midfielder (Deledio/Franklin) and a top shelf KPP (Roughead/Griffen). The extra pick would enable us to grab an extra midfielder, hopefully Jordan Lewis, Ben Eckermann or Monfries.

LMAO JF. Yeah, I change my avatars all the time, probably because I run out of intelligent things to say pretty quickly, but still prefer to sit behind the PC than going to watch telly with the missus. :shh Did you get the dancing fat kid from me on PRE? Or are you by chance a lover of the great Boston Red Sox like myself and saw the kid in the SOSH game threads bringing unbelievably good mojo?

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2004, 02:48:23 PM »
RonBranton suggested Otto needed a Life Coach.  Maybe he does need greater awareness to do better and a size 18 boot up the backside couldn’t hurt either.

Compared to other Clubs who have moved with the times, RFC has been coaching by standards from the dark ages and are way behind in the coaching stakes.  I wish RFC would get with it, because all we’ve managed to do over recent years is produce a whole lot of robots who lack confidence, self-belief and have no feel for the Club and/or jumper and no motivation or ambition to do better.  We can attribute much of that to coaching, as well as a number of other directionless and unprofessional areas within the Club.

Pity those RFC players who do have any of the necessary qualities to be top line AFL players, because they must wonder where they went wrong.

In the statement, Ottens cited his wish for a "new environment" as paramount. "I need a new environment to get the best out of myself and enjoy my football," he said.

Doesn’t Otto virtually have a new environment to work in, when there is a new Coach/coaching staff and new/young, up and coming players at the Club? :-\

Here’s a tip for those players who cite these as valid reasons for wanting to go to another Club.  The only person they are kidding is themselves, because a new environment alone isn’t going to help get the best out of anyone.  To do that, you actually have to make an effort to achieve anything.  Why would anyone try better at one Club and not another?

There may be valid reasons for that, but no one’s going to hand anyone the perfect environment in which to get the best out of themselves.  Because every Club will throw up their own challenge and it’s those who have the strongest and fiercest commitment, desire and dedication to overcome any obstacles that have the greatest chance to achieve their dreams.  And still there are no guarantees and even if they don’t achieve their main goal, they can still be proud of what they have been able to do and achieve throughout their career.

At some point, these players need to take some responsibility for what they get out of the game.  Because, at every Club, regardless of where they are on the ladder, there will be players who are able to achieve amazing results for themselves, even if the team doesn’t perform to expectations.  And you have to wonder how and why that happens?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2004, 03:28:24 PM »
Ottens can run away from his problems all he likes. The bottom line is that the problems are between his ears and under his rib cage. He is mentally soft and has the heart of a pea. Prblems like that don't seem to get solved no matter where you go.

Disco, wasn't aware you had this avatar at PRE, as I couldn't view the site for a few months there. Ox actually annointed me with this avatar at Forsaken Bunch and it has stuck (fat) ever since.  :thumbsup

Offline disco08

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2004, 04:19:08 PM »
Couldn't agree more JF. Apart from a couple of good games in 2001, he never stamped his authority on a game at all. Even my missus, who's dutch and doesn't really get into the footy that much (she watches a few games with me though) said about the trade: "good, he never did anything anyway!"

And, whats the forsaken bunch? I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. If there's more pictures like the dancing fat kid I've gotta have a look!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »
Top post TS.

If Otto goes elsewhere for $$$ you've got to wonder what negative effect that will have within the playing group of another Club. Paying half a million dollars a year for someone to play second fiddle to a King, Graham, Barry Hall, Jason Ball or Goodes isn't going to go down well with his future teammates who are on half that amount of dough or less. Everyone now knows he is only leaving Richmond because he wants to paid more than what he's worth based on on-field performance. A player with that kind of attitude is a risky investment for any Club as we all know too well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2004, 05:34:05 PM »
Everyone now knows he is only leaving Richmond because he wants to paid more than what he's worth based on on-field performance. A player with that kind of attitude is a risky investment for any Club as we all know too well.

Better someone else have that to deal with than us MT.  I wonder who else we need to test?  Could be an interesting and worthwhile exercise.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2004, 06:44:29 PM »
Couldn't agree more JF. Apart from a couple of good games in 2001, he never stamped his authority on a game at all. Even my missus, who's dutch and doesn't really get into the footy that much (she watches a few games with me though) said about the trade: "good, he never did anything anyway!"

And, whats the forsaken bunch? I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. If there's more pictures like the dancing fat kid I've gotta have a look!

Sounds like your missus has good sense Disco, and she's Dutch as well  :bow

There's not that many good pics at Forsaken Bunch, but there used to be a couple of good ones of Peter North in action back in the day  :thumbsup But they were taken off and the site was closed down (on multiple occasions) ;D. Forsaken Bunch has been closed down about 3 times now, its currently called Forsaken Bunch IIII. It's a website started by Ox and a few other guys (Jake, Fwoy, myself) when PRE crashed and we had nowhere to discuss matters. Not long after we were all banned from PRE anyway so the site came in handy. LOL.

It's become a bit of a ghost town lately, never really recovering from all the good material being destroyed from Forsaken Bunch I, II and III.

But give it a look if you are prepared to be disturbed. Its at feralfooty.proboards20.com
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 06:52:01 PM by JohnF »

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2004, 07:20:15 PM »
John, it's time to bring back the Emoticon version of your Avatarial representitive.

:lol :scream :rollin :thumbsup :cheers :birthday
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #194 on: September 27, 2004, 07:22:42 PM »
John, it's time to bring back the Emoticon version of your Avatarial representitive.

:lol :scream :rollin :thumbsup :cheers :birthday

ROOOOOOFLAUGINGMAOOOO