Author Topic: Brisbane's reign is over  (Read 10495 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Brisbane's reign is over
« on: September 25, 2004, 05:21:31 PM »
I would say congratulations to Port if I hadn't heard Treadea's "stick that up your a***" - and Chocco's carrying on.  Humility in winning and defeat goes a long way. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Brisbane's reign is over
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 06:37:43 PM »
Well I won't see my dad for a while. He's a happy boy  ;D.

The Lions payed for taking injured players into the game against a classy running side unlike last year when they did the same thing against the average Pie plodders. Port have great foot skills, pace and run. Brisbane were brave but were spent of energy half way through the 3rd quarter. Very rare you see Voss, Black, Brown and Lynch have poor games all at the same time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 06:54:58 PM »
I actually though Williams behavour was a disgrace.
His actions will incite something in the future, lets see what happens when they lose a few games next year, watch out mark :o

Offline RachelVilification

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 07:34:47 PM »
Good on him

Should be able to act how u want when u win a grand final,so long as u dont abuse anyone.

Good to see desperation in celebration.

froars

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 09:28:06 PM »
His day will come - but winners are grinners!
And if you wanna see disgraceful behaviour - come and check me out if the Tiges ever win another lol

Ox

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 01:36:56 AM »
Im predicting major tears for me when we win one followed by a 2 week binge

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 02:10:45 AM »
roflmfaoooooooo@going on a 20 year bender wen richmond win the flag to make up for lost time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 12:29:35 PM »
Humility in winning and defeat goes a long way. 

I have always believed it is harder to be gracious or humble in victory than in defeat. We have it drummed into us at a young age that we must be gracious when we lose but not when we win. I know some people fail miserably at both but ....

I only caught glimpse of the GF but I saw the presentation - did Warren Tredrea thank the people who made the trip - the fans?

If people want lesson in how to be gracious and humble in victory and or defeat have a listen to Andre Agassi - that's class.

If you want to hear a footballer do it really well - listen to Voss' speeches of the last 4 years - excellent
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 05:58:46 PM »
Yes I agree WP - a true sportsman is one who shows humility - Pat Rafter was like that also.

And the Grand Final pre-game entertainment -  :sleep  When they had the retired players, you barely got a glimpse of Duncan and didn't see Rogers at all.  Thought the whole pregame was a bit of a bore.  Now if Hugh Jackman had been able to sing the National Anthem it would have been all worthwhile ;)  Kath & Kim and the gay footballing dancers didn't do it for me.  And the guy who sang "the impossible dream" - was that an omen for the Lions?  One area the NRL does pretty well at is the pregame entertainment.  I remember one year, the AFL had some poor indigenous opera singer who was out of key and time and the next week the NRL had Tina Turner singing "Simply the Best".  Of course, the best one was when they had Billy Idol make a grand entrance on a hovercraft type of machine and as soon as he bounced on stage, the power went and by the time they got it going again it was too late for poor Billy to sing :lol :rollin

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 06:00:46 PM »
Yes I agree WP - a true sportsman is one who shows humility - Pat Rafter was like that also.

And the Grand Final pre-game entertainment -  :sleep  When they had the retired players, you barely got a glimpse of Duncan and didn't see Rogers at all.  Thought the whole pregame was a bit of a bore.  Now if Hugh Jackman had been able to sing the National Anthem it would have been all worthwhile ;)  Kath & Kim and the gay footballing dancers didn't do it for me.  And the guy who sang "the impossible dream" - was that an omen for the Lions?  One area the NRL does pretty well at is the pregame entertainment.  I remember one year, the AFL had some poor indigenous opera singer who was out of key and time and the next week the NRL had Tina Turner singing "Simply the Best".  Of course, the best one was when they had Billy Idol make a grand entrance on a hovercraft type of machine and as soon as he bounced on stage, the power went and by the time they got it going again it was too late for poor Billy to sing :lol :rollin

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 05:59:43 PM »
Sorry to repeat myself - everyone got the point I'm sure. :banghead

Ox

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 07:47:05 PM »

Pat Rafter was a dud who had a good run.

When he stopped to analyse himself as a player he schit himself.

LMAOOOOOO@Arsing 2 US opens.

LMAOOOO@Shaving his head and body  cos he sweats too much.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 08:52:59 PM »
And the Grand Final pre-game entertainment -  :sleep  

Say that again Julz. Looked like Demetriou missed going to the Opera last weekend and so he brought the Opera to the footy lol.

It's amazing how every year the pre-game "entertainment is a shocker yet once again they roll out the stiff as a board kiddies in a mass choir and singers hardly anyone knows. The chitter-chatter of the crowd showed they were bored stiff. It wasn't until Kath and Kim came on that they took notice of what was going on.

btw you can't knock a loyal Tiger supporter like Kath  :thumbsup. Kim's definitely a Collingwood supporter  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 11:18:53 PM »

Pat Rafter was a dud who had a good run.

When he stopped to analyse himself as a player he schit himself.

LMAOOOOOO@Arsing 2 US opens.

LMAOOOO@Shaving his head and body  cos he sweats too much.

FLMFAOOOOOOOo Ox. So so sooooo true. lmfaoooooooo@me hating Pat Rafter with a passion.

How's the luck having to face duds like Mark Phillipoussis and Todd Martin in Grand Slam finals.

lmfaoooooooo@quitting sport to become a regular for tacky commercials. lmfaoooooo@acting badly even by commercials' standard.

Ox

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2004, 11:24:28 PM »
ROOOOLIN JohnF.

I'm shocked that we would share a mutual hatred for someone. :thumbsup