Author Topic: Changes for next week against Geelong?  (Read 5887 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Changes for next week against Geelong?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 09:51:33 PM »
With two injuries on top of the ones we already have it'll mean a few who should be dropped won't be  :-\.

In:  Polo, Rance, Hislop

Out: Raines (inj), Cousins (inj), McMahon
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »
Out. Raines Cousins Edwards ,Tambling ,McMahon and Schulz

In. Anyone who wants to attack the football and not zone off and get uncontested possesions, and anyone who is prepared to kick the ball more than 20 metres

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »
Tambling was one of our best against Carlton and was repeatedly going in hard for the ball (he injured two Carlton players doing so), so why drop him?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 10:03:05 PM »
With thompson not playing for Coburg yesterday

I'd be bringing in Hislop

I could make about 8 changes without batting an eyelid but I reckon at a minimum there has to be at least 4 possible 5

Actually if we could I'd promote Silvestor to the senior list and drop Thursfield after Thursday night - he was shocking
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 10:06:07 PM »
Tambling was one of our best against Carlton and was repeatedly going in hard for the ball (he injured two Carlton players doing so), so why drop him?

Was he ?????
Mate you must of been at the wrong game.
seen him twice pull out of contests. poo himself
Got pushed off the ball by Simpson twice.
One thing is for certain, you cannot play 3 lightweights in the same team
Tambling ,McMahon and Edwards.
forget about uncontested possesions too

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »

And until now I thought I was the only one that saw some positive in Tambling's game on Thursday night.  :thumbsup

Was one of our only players who put it all in to competing for the footy and winning it while about 18 others were as a whole, both non-committal or desperate.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 10:18:41 PM »
With two injuries on top of the ones we already have it'll mean a few who should be dropped won't be  :-\.

In:  Polo, Rance, Hislop

Out: Raines (inj), Cousins (inj), McMahon

spot on , perhaps add edwards to that list also ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Jackstar is back

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »

And until now I thought I was the only one that saw some positive in Tambling's game on Thursday night.  :thumbsup

Was one of our only players who put it all in to competing for the footy and winning it while about 18 others were as a whole, both non-committal or desperate.

Yep, and i seen him refuse to pick up apponents, stand in the middle of the ground with his hands on hips and walking to contests, hey, no wonder we got flogged.
Might also add the Cousins busted his arse and ran down the ground to try and pick up apponents and stand in  defensive zones and actually ran past Tambling doing it.
How many years to do people want to give Tambling??? Give him another 3 years say the faithful on OER :lol
Calton had 4 new players the other night and they do they right things. Didnt you notice no 12 Mitch Robinson.?? :banghead :banghead :banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 10:21:48 PM »

Was he ?????
Mate you must of been at the wrong game.
seen him twice pull out of contests. poo himself
Got pushed off the ball by Simpson twice.
One thing is for certain, you cannot play 3 lightweights in the same team
Tambling ,McMahon and Edwards.
forget about uncontested possesions too

Mcmahon and/or tambling dropped. You must be joking Jack. Our Terry will not drop either under his tenure. It would show what everyone in the football world already knows in what a terrible choice Mcmahon was.

I actually feel sick when i watch him play his uncontested crap. So weak and skinny like most of his mates.

People bag Bowden but at least Bowden has helped win some games.

I would rather see James Manson back there in our defense than Mcmahon
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 10:42:19 PM »
Out

McMahon, Bowden, Edwards, Cousins, Raines, Jackson

In

Rance, Polo, Collins, Post, Thomson, King

* Richmond lacks a 'small quick defender' that can go with small forwards.

* Jake King, Tom Hislop, Matthew White - should be those 'small defenders'.

* They are 'tough at the Football, and quick'.

Geelong v Richmond

King, Moore, Thursfield

Rance, McGuane, Newman

Richardson, Foley, Collins

Deledio, Post, Riewoldt

Morton, Schulz, Brown

Simmonds

Tuck

Thomson

Browne, Tambling, Polo, White

* Deledio - should be playing on the Half-Forward Flank, where he is very dangerous! Midfield with him is useless! He gets tagged!

* Unlash Thomson on ball against Geelong.

* Running out of patience with Schulz, Brown!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »
Out- Raines, Cousins, Edwards, McMahon and Jackson

In- Rance, Thompson, Polo, Hislop and King (all of which are hard and have ago)

Collinsis simply not ready to play AFL yet!

Go Tiges!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 09:27:16 PM »
Out: Cousins, Raines, McMahon, Jackson, Bowden, Schultz, Edwards

In: Thomson, Rance, Collins, Hislop, Post, Polo, Nahas

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 09:29:31 PM »
Cotchin + Coughlan soon i hope too  :-\

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers consider four changes for clash with Geelong (Age)
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 01:45:11 AM »
Tigers consider four changes for clash with Geelong
Caroline Wilson | March 31, 2009

RICHMOND is expected to take a punt on two debutants in Saturday's clash against Geelong at Skilled Stadium and make at least four changes to the side that was humiliated by Carlton last Thursday night.

And former Western Bulldogs defender Jordan McMahon will come under heavy scrutiny in the coming days as Terry Wallace looks to wield the axe upon at least one member of the errant backline that failed dismally against the Blues.

Alex Rance is likely to play, along with former Bomber Tom Hislop, who came to the Tigers at the end of last season via the national draft. Dean Polo, whose 2008 season never recovered from a damaging shoulder injury, could also return to the senior side.

With Wallace and the entire club under massive scrutiny, the soon-to-be-out-of-contract senior coach has spent several soul-searching days reviewing last week's game and looking ahead to what is looming as a high-pressure fortnight in which the Tigers will take on the premiership favourite Geelong followed by the highly fancied Western Bulldogs in round three.

Wallace and his entire match committee spent last Saturday afternoon watching Coburg, the team's VFL affiliate, take on the Northern Bullants. Rance, 20, the son of former West Australian star Murray, came to the club last year but could not make the senior team, and Hislop — who played seven games in two seasons at Essendon — both starred along with Polo. With first-gamer Andrew Browne expected to return to the VFL this weekend, Wallace also scrutinised the performances of Adam Pattison and Angus Graham. Both put in solid performances in the ruck with Graham the more likely starter against Geelong given Pattison's lack of match fitness.

In a crucial clash for the Tigers, in which Tom Hawkins will likely make his 2009 debut for Geelong, Wallace has continued to keep a low profile, with Richmond president Gary March attempting to defuse speculation regarding his future by stating that he believed the coach would see out the season.

Richmond is also expected to talk with controversial recruit Ben Cousins in the coming days in a bid to set down a series of media guidelines, following his decision to reach media agreement with two outlets without the club's permission.

With Cousins and Andrew Raines both out of the side for at least three to four weeks, at least two changes will be forced upon the Tigers this weekend and at least a further two players are expected to be dropped.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/tigers-consider-four-changes/2009/03/30/1238261514075.html

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:40 AM »
Seems all the other sides in the league manage to spring one from the box and usually against us.

I think Rance may be 1 for us, here's hoping.

Agree with the consensus too - Thompson Hislop and Polo have some of the qualities this side needs right now.

Out Edwards McMahon Raines (Inj) Cuz (Inj)