Author Topic: Changes for next week against Geelong?  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Changes for next week against Geelong?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 03:13:51 PM »
we cannot over react, if we drop all the poor players from rnd 1 then only morton, jack, and tambling will play and the rst will all be dropped.
we need some changes but should give some players a chance to redeem themselves

White was decent also.

But we must drop at least the crappest 6 players

white i dont rate , another list clogger, another foley, nice pace but pathetic disposal but we cannot drop them all at once. but if white and foley both have games where there disposal lets us down, they should be dropped for rd 3

White was the only player which could hitplayers in the forward 50 with the ball

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2009, 03:25:32 PM »
it is just my opinion, white, just like many of our players ,  would not get a game at any other club bar melbourne if they are lucky

i would love to be proven wrong

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
it is just my opinion, white, just like many of our players ,  would not get a game at any other club bar melbourne if they are lucky

i would love to be proven wrong

How exactly do you wish us to prove it even though it was partly proved considering he hit targets all night on Thursday, one of our few players to do so.  ::)

And across all of last season his disposal was continually improving.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »
How exactly do you wish us to prove it even though it was partly proved considering he hit targets all night on Thursday, one of our few players to do so.  ::)

And across all of last season his disposal was continually improving.

Yep cant fault his disposal based on last Thursday, I remember three breaks he made form the centre with perfect passes that hit the mark.

Cant remember that happening too often for anyone else.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
Caro just said McMahon and Thursty should get the chop. Jordie because he hasn't been in form for a while and Thursty because he showed no defensive side to his game.

She would bring in first gamers as they are in vogue and show effort - Rance and Hislop. Healy is a massive fan of Rance. Reckons he's a great kick. Caro would also bring in Gus for Browne as well as Polo.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »
Caro just said McMahon and Thursty should get the chop. Jordie because he hasn't been in form for a while and Thursty because he showed no defensive side to his game.

She would bring in first gamers as they are in vogue and show effort - Rance and Hislop. Healy is a massive fan of Rance. Reckons he's a great kick. Caro would also bring in Gus for Browne as well as Polo.

caro said thursty shows no defensive side to his game?? she should get a life

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »

my thoughts exactly, when fit thursty is by far our best defender

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2009, 09:21:21 PM »

my thoughts exactly, when fit thursty is by far our best defender

based on last thursday he certainly wasn't and I would have no hesitation in dropping based on last week's effort. If he wasn't fit he shouldn't have played, Rance should have IMHO

Certainly wouldn't drop Browne, he deserves another chance, he showed a bit to suggest he is worth persisting with. And FWIW based on Gus' efforts on Saturday he doesn't deserve to be gifted a game, you'd better off playing Patto who's very underdone
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 12:18:33 AM »
I always thought that it would take at least 5 or 6 weeks for TW to settle on our best 22.Fortunatly with the injuries we sustained last Thursday he has no choice but to give others a go.Looking forward to seeing the new faces in the team this week.......Polo & Rance.
Unleash the tornado

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »
And Nahas.  ;)  :cheers
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 01:45:01 AM »
I miss Connors.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 09:23:20 AM »
send him a Hallmark card

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 12:03:02 PM »
In: Nahas, Rance, Polo (should have played last week), Hislop.
Out: Raines (should have been dropped anyway), Cuz, McMahon & Edwards (both Terry's pets).

Leave Browne there, he did nothing wrong.................

Richo I think may have had his day on the wing. Think its time to settle him at FF again.  Teams have done a lot of homework on him and are hurting us offensively.   

When you look at Geelong team you really worry how bad this game may get.
Ablett, Bartel, Ling, Selwood, Corey, Milburn, Chapman, Kelly, Johnson.   Oh dear !!!!
For the first time ever I may just go and do some gardening and not even get a score check

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »
we cannot over react, if we drop all the poor players from rnd 1 then only morton, jack, and tambling will play and the rst will all be dropped.
we need some changes but should give some players a chance to redeem themselves

White was decent also.

But we must drop at least the crappest 6 players

white i dont rate , another list clogger, another foley, nice pace but pathetic disposal but we cannot drop them all at once. but if white and foley both have games where there disposal lets us down, they should be dropped for rd 3

White was the only player which could hitplayers in the forward 50 with the ball

agree with you on white

skills have improved a heap this year on that performance. Was running flat out and nailed stab passes to the leading forwards. Very unrichmond like. Hopefully he builds on this performance this week. As is usually the case with young players, an improvement in his endurance and overall fitness has resulted in less fatigue in the game, and in turn resulted in a better overall skill level

Keep it up whitey

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 12:17:08 PM »
In: Nahas, Rance, Polo (should have played last week), Hislop.
Out: Raines (should have been dropped anyway), Cuz, McMahon & Edwards (both Terry's pets).

Leave Browne there, he did nothing wrong.................

Richo I think may have had his day on the wing. Think its time to settle him at FF again.  Teams have done a lot of homework on him and are hurting us offensively.   

When you look at Geelong team you really worry how bad this game may get.
Ablett, Bartel, Ling, Selwood, Corey, Milburn, Chapman, Kelly, Johnson.   Oh dear !!!!
For the first time ever I may just go and do some gardening and not even get a score check

I THINK RICHO SHOULD PLAY HFF, give him room to move up the ground and be damaging up fwd, in his early days , richo played his best footy as a floating hff'er